Read the stories that were in the August edition of The Big Thrill.
ThrillerFest broke all records this year, and we capture the excitement in our stories on the conference and the award winners. In this month’s “Trend Report,” we chart the rise of Young Adult suspense. We also bring you interviews with Steve Berry & M. J. Rose, Megan Abbott, Robert Dugoni, Karin Slaughter, Lori Rader-Day, and many more.
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Steve Berry and M. J. Rose by Dawn Ius
- Between the Lines: Lori Rader-Day by E. M. Powell
- Between the Lines: Robert Dugoni by Dawn Ius
- ThrillerFest: A Record-Breaking Conference by Nancy Bilyeau
- ThrillerFest: Meet the ITW Award Winners by Dawn Ius
- ThrillerFest: Killing It With Tiny Jason by Dawn Ius
- Trend Alert: YA Thrillers on the Rise? by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Megan Abbott by Alex Segura
- Up Close: Karin Slaughter by April Snellings
- Up Close: Sonja Stone by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: A. J. Banner by R. G. Belsky
- Neil Nyren Spotlight: Ellison Cooper
- Africa Scene: Toni Kan by Michael Sears
- Hollywood Ending by Kellye Garrett
- Pray for Death by James Hilton
- Thirst of Steel by Ronie Kendig
- Against the Claw by Shari Randall
- See All the Stars by Kit Frick
- Somebody’s Daughter by David Bell
- Low Down Dirty Vote by Mysti Berry (Editor)
- Gone to Ground by Rachel Amphlett
- Guarded Prognosis by Richard Mabry, MD
- Killer Green Tomatoes by Lynn Cahoon
- Three Strikes: 3 Authors, 3 Novellas by Ross Klavan, Tim O’Mara & Charles Salzberg
- Without Fear by Col. David Hunt & R. J. Pineiro
- Flight of the Fox by Gray Basnight
- Pull & Pray by Angel Luis Colón
- Implant by Ray Clark
- The Getaway List by Frank Zafiro & Eric Beetner
- Boise Longpig Hunting Club by Nick Kolakowski
- Tail of the Dragon by Connie di Marco
- A Tale of Two Murders by Heather Redmond
- Camp Valor by Scott McEwen
- Silent Hearts by Gwen Florio
- Rip the Angels From Heaven by David Krugler
- Deadly Payload by Karen Randau
- A Dark Path by Robert E. Dunn
- Quilted to Die by Ann Simas
- Murdered by the King of Western Swing by R. Barri Flowers
- Miami Days, Havana Nights by Linda Bennett Pennell
- Fear the Reaper by David Simms
- Breaking Glass by Alec Cizak
- Silent Survivor by Deborah Shlian
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Stephen King and Bev Vincent (editors), Wendi Corsi Staub, Reed Farrel Coleman, Lisa Black, Hank Philippi Ryan, Sarah Weinman, Jessica Bayliss, Liam Sweeny, J. L. Abramo, Paul D. Marks, Joe Weber and R. J. Pineiro, Susan McBride, William Nikkel, Ian Truman, Charles Kowalski, Cheryl Hollon, Christina Dalcher, Lane Stone, Stephanie Gayle, Kathleen George, David McCaleb, Dietrich Kalteis, Patricia McLinn, Sue Coletta, Martin J. Weiss, Dave Zeltserman, Deborah Vadas Levison, David James Keaton, R. Barri Flowers, Helaine Mario and many more!
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Check out what’s in store for this month. You won’t want to miss it!
August 6 – 12: “Do you enjoy films with authors as protagonists? Why?”
August 13 – 19: “How do you write, from the seat of your pants or are you a planner?”
August 20 – 26: “If a mystery is a tale about solving a crime while a thriller is about stopping one, how would you write a blend of the two?”
August 27 – September 2: “How do you raise the stakes to the next level?”
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J. H. Bográn.
The NEW Big Thrill Book Giveaway
Congratulations to Ann. H. the winner of June’s NEW Big Thrill Book Giveaway!
Ann was the lucky recipient of 15 brand-new thrillers
all from ITW Members!
You could be our next winner, just follow the link below to enter. You may enter as many contests as you like, but please only enter each contest once. New and current subscribers are always welcome!
ITW’s Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- February 18 – 24: “Do you remember when you fell in love with the thriller genre?” - February 17, 2019
- February 4 – 10: “Research, do you love it or hate it?” - February 3, 2019
- The February 2019 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - January 31, 2019