The June 2014 Edition of The Big Thrill
Read the stories that were featured in the June edition of The Big Thrill.
33 new thrillers to kick start summer, including debut novels from Kym Brunner, Susan Israel, Tom Wither, Graeme Shimmin and Erica Wright, plus a Between the Lines Interview with the authors of FACEOFF, ITW’s one-of-a-kind anthology pulling together the most beloved characters from the best and most popular thriller series today.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Between the Lines: The Authors of FACEOFF by Anthony J. Franze and Robert Rotstein
- The Africa Scene – with Mũkoma Wa Ngũgĩ
- Terminal City by Linda Fairstein
- Reckless Disregard by Robert Rotstein
- Over My Live Body by Susan Israel
- I Am The Mission (The Unknown Assassin #2) by Allen Zadoff
- Wanted: Dead or In Love by Kym Brunner
- Robert Ludlum’s (TM) The Bourne Ascendancy by Eric Van Lustbader
- A Kill in the Morning by Graeme Shimmin
- The Killing: Uncommon Denominator by Karen Dionne
- Sniper: A Thriller by Vaughn C. Hardacker
- The Red Room by Ridley Pearson
- Eyes on You by Kate White
- The Last Heir by Chuck Greaves
- Secret Assault by Don Helin
- The Inheritor by Tom Wither
- The Red Chameleon by Erica Wright
- No Stone Unturned: An Ellie Stone Mystery by James W. Ziskin
- Inkslingers Ball by Sheila Lowe
- Deeper Than Need by Shiloh Walker
- White Collared, Books One through Four by Shelly Bell
- Black Current (A Jaymie Zarlin Mystery) by Karen Keskinen
- Panthers Play for Keeps by Clea Simon
- Databyte by Cat Connor
- Deep Like the River by Tim Waggoner
- Vampire Apocalypse (Book 4) : Trail of Tears by Derek Gunn
- A Magnificent Crime by Kim Foster
- The Charlatan’s Crown by Amy Lignor
- St Kilda Blues by Geoffrey McGeachin
- Death in Perspective by Larissa Reinhart
- Shadow’s Moon: Book 3 of the Kyn Kronicles by Jami Gray
- 40 Hours by Kathrin Lange
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Karin Slaughter, Meg Gardiner, Lorenzo Carcaterra, Tom Young, Steven Philip Jones, Donald Bain, Lori Rader-Day, Merry Jones, DiAnn Mills, Anna Lee Huber, J. Sydney Jones, Maegan Beaumont, Richard Torregrossa, Arthur Kern, Wendy Tyson, John Donohue, Leslie Budewitz, Bobbye Terry, Sam Cabot, Matthew Quirk, Steve Attridge, Megan Abbott, Paige Tyler and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- Labyrinth Society: The Versailles Vendetta by Angie Kelly
- The Inheritor by Tom Wither
- A Case Of Noir by Paul D. Brazill
- Into the Devil’s Underground by Stacy Green
- Thief of Souls by JG Faherty
- A Beautiful Madness by Lee Thompson
- White Sea Rising by MJ Kephart
- The Deepest Dark by Joan Hall Hovey
- Day of the Vikings by J.F.Penn
- Embryo 3: Raney & Levine by J.A. Schneider
- The Metaxy Project by Layton Green
- Khaki = Killer by Connie Corcoran Wilson
- Frozen Sky 2: Betrayed by Jeff Carlson
- Acceptable Risk by Anne Marie Becker
- Two by Karl Alexander
- Chronicles: The Library of Illumination by C. A. Pack
- Past Due by Jenna Bennett
- White Rabbit by K. A. Laity
- Summer At Paradise Ranch by R. Barri Flowers
- Punish by Vella Munn
- Castle by the Sea by JG Faherty
- Cold Shadows by Jeff Critser
- Starke Naked Dead by Conda V. Douglas
- Wild Ways by Tina Wainscott
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- Love at the Sea Bluffs Lodge by Devon Vaughn Archer
- Box Thirteen – Adventure Wanted! by Bobby Nash
- Desecration, London Mystery Book 1 by J.F.Penn
- The Butterfly Forest by Tom Lowe
- Murder by Serpents: The Mystery Quilt by Barbara Graham
ThrillerFest IX – Registration Now Open!
ThrillerFest IX – July 8th – 12th, Grand Hyatt, NYC.
This year is the 10th Anniversary of ITW, and we are thrilled to be honoring 2014 ThrillerMaster Scott Turow and 2014 Silver Bullet Award recipient Brenda Novak. We’ll also be welcoming back 2013 ThrillerMaster Anne Rice and 2013 Silver Bullet Award recipient Steve Berry.
With the upcoming release of ITW’s Thriller 4 Anthology, FACEOFF, we’re pleased to be showcasing the contributing authors, including David Baldacci, Linwood Barclay, Steve Berry, Lee Child, Michael Connelly, Jeffery Deaver, Linda Fairstein, Joseph Finder, Lisa Gardner, Heather Graham, Peter James, Raymond Khoury, Dennis Lehane, John Lescroart, Steve Martini, T. Jefferson Parker, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, Ian Rankin, James Rollins, M.J. Rose, John Sandford, R.L. Stine, and F. Paul Wilson. You won’t want to miss this incredible line-up, so please sign up today!
Visit The ThrillerFest Website for more information.
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
ITW Members’ Awards
Eric J. Guignard’s AFTER DEATH… was awarded the Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement In an Anthology by the Horror Writers Association.
L.A. Starks’ STRIKE PRICE has been named 2014 Best Mystery/Thriller by the Texas Association of Authors.
Barry Lancet’s JAPANTOWN was named Suspense Magazine’s Best Debut of 2013.
Leslie Budewitz’s DEATH AL DENTE is the recipient of the Agatha Award for Best First Novel, presented by Malice Domestic.
S.D. Skye, author of SON OF A ITCH, won the 2014 Next Generation Indie Book Award in the Multicultural Fiction category, offered by the Independent Book Publishing Professionals Group.
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at the Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Here’s what’s in store for June:
June 2 – 8: Are thriller writers particularly pressured to write too fast?
June 9 – 15: Are thriller writers biased? Or do some of us go too far in trying to beat down stereotypes?
June 16 – 22: How has an editor’s advice helped with your story?
June 23 – 29: How do your reading and writing habits change in the summer?
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Michael Rainwater, the winner of this month’s Big Thrill giveaway. Michael will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Stalk Me by Richard Parker, No Stone Unturned by James W. Ziskin, Over My Live Body by Susan Israel, Terminal Life by Richard Torregrossa, Sniper a Thriller by Vaughn C. Hardacker, Limestone Gumption by Bryan E. Robinson, Ancient Enemy by Michael McBride, Metamorph by Stephen M. DeBock, Robert Ludlum’s ™ The Bourne Ascendancy by Eric Van Lustbader, Deeper Than Need by Shiloh Walker, Ash and Bone by Lisa Von Biela and The Blood of Alexander by Tom Wilde.
All subscribers to the Big Thrill magazine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the Big Thrill email.
- Adrift by Lisa Brideau - June 1, 2023
- Fortune’s Cookie by Ann Simas - June 1, 2023
- A Nuclear Reaction by David Beckler - June 1, 2023