Five months into lockdown, the itch for escape has never felt more palpable. That need is manifested through the characters in many of this summer’s hottest releases—whether it’s to get away from media scrutiny, as is the case in Megan Miranda’s new page turner, start a fresh life on an eerie remote island like the one described in Jenny Milchman’s THE SECOND MOTHER, or simply travel the globe with the likes of Christopher Reich’s Simon Riske. We’ve scoured all corners of the globe to bring you up close with genre stars like Karin Slaughter, Jon Land, Hank Phillippi Ryan, Alex Segura, Peter Church, and many more. Plus, J. H. Bográn goes Between the Lines with Karen Dionne to talk about her latest fairytale-inspired thriller. Don’t miss out—the August issue of The Big Thrill is live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Karen Dionne by J. H. Bográn
- On the Cover: Christopher Reich by Adam Meyer
- Up Close: Karin Slaughter by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Hank Phillippi Ryan by April Snellings
- Up Close: Chuck Hogan by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Alice Feeney by K.L. Romo
- Africa Scene: Peter Church by Michael Sears
- BookTrib SpotLight: Kate Reed Petty by Neil Nyren
- On the Cover: Alex Segura by J. H. Bográn
- Up Close: Megan Miranda by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Julia Heaberlin by E.M. Powell
- Up Close: Amber Garza by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Vanessa Savage by Millie Naylor Hast
- On the Cover: Jenny Milchman by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Jon Land by Rick Pullen
- Up Close: Alex Gilly by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Poppy Gee by Jaden Terrell
- AudioFile Spotlight: Five Questions with Santino Fontana by Candace Levy
- Death Waits in the Dark by Mark Edward Langley
- Shadow Garden by Alexandra Burt
- The Ultimate Betrayal by Kat Martin
- Broken Genius by Drew Murray
- The Corpse with the Crystal Skull by Cathy Ace
- A Blueberry Moon for Corah by Bob Bickford
- The Magdalene Deception by Gary McAvoy
- Shooter in the Shadows by David Hewson
- Dark Energy by Addison Brae
- A Summoning of Souls by Leanna Renee Hieber
- Acceptable Risk by Lynette Eason
- The Next Widow by C. J. Lyons
- Soltice Shadows by Avanti Centrae
- Together They Were Crimson by Ryan Sayles
- Their Last Secret by Rick Mofina
- A Lady’s Guide to Mischief and Murder by Dianne Freeman
- Once Two Sisters by Sarah Warburton
- A Dangerous Breed by Glen Erik Hamilton
- The American Strangler by Robert M. Fleisher
- The Dead of Jerusalem Ridge by Jean Rabe
- Tea and Treachery by Vicki Delany
- Do No Harm by James B. Cohoon
- The Nemesis Manifesto by Eric Van Lustbader
- Praying to Die by Ann Simas
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Robert Dugoni, Brad Parks, Ruth Ware, L. C. Shaw, Lisa Black, Rebecca Zanetti, Raymond Benson, David Heska Wanbli Weiden, Heather Martin, Alyssa Cole, Joel Shulkin MD, Patrick Kendrick, Cat Connor, Elizabeth Goddard, Belle Ami, Pamela Crane, Robert McCaw, D. K. Hood, Michael Laurence, Tori Eldridge, Puja Guha, DiAnn Mills, Patrick Oster and many more!
Mega Virtual CraftFest
Missed this event? Mega Virtual CraftFest, including CareerFest, is available to you as a standalone purchase. This is the same event, same content, that was offered with great success during Virtual ThrillerFest XV (2020). If you purchased it earlier you don’t need to register again now.
Mega Virtual CraftFest was part of Virtual ThrillerFest XV – 2020 during the July 6-14th online conference. We paired some of the best thriller writers in the world to discuss the craft of writing in a fabulous set of videos (Vimeo) available at registrants’ convenience. There were over 100 conversations featuring over 200 bestselling authors. See the amazing list of authors here. Mega Virtual CraftFest was very well received by registrants. They were able to enjoy fabulous videos from the safety and comfort of their homes, and you can too!
The unbeatable price for all of this valuable information: $149!
The NEW Big Thrill Book Giveaway
Congratulations to Pat H. and Theresa C. winners of July’s New The Big Thrill Book Giveaway!
They each will receive 10 signed thrillers from ITW members.
Next month we’ll draw two new winners, and one of them could be you!
Current and new subscribers welcome.
- The August 2020 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - July 31, 2020
- sponsor test - July 29, 2019