Traveling this summer? In this issue of The Big Thrill, we talk to the authors of some of the thrilling books you’ll want to slip into your beach bag. Esme Addison goes Between the Lines with Rachel Howzell Hall to talk about her twisty new novel of murder and family secrets, WE LIE HERE; Dr. Bryan Robinson offers up some sage advice for writers; and Michael Sears chats with Sally Andrew in this month’s Africa Scene. Plus, we get up close with Tess Gerritsen, Nadine Matheson, David Bell, Kate White, Simon Toyne, Melissa Albert, and dozens more authors of this season’s sizzling new releases. The July issue of The Big Thrill is live now—and it’s hot.
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Rachel Howzell Hall by Esme Addison
- On the Cover: Jennifer Hillier by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Nadine Matheson by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: David Bell by Guy Bergstrom
- The Big Thrill’s Behavioral Analysis Unit: Lincoln Child by Eric P. Bishop
- On the Cover: Tess Gerritsen by R.G. Belsky
- Up Close: Kate White by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Melissa Albert by April Snellings
- International Thrills: Simon Toyne by Alison McKnight
- On the Cover: Mark Greaney by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: Lizzy Barber by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Zac Topping by Austin S. Camacho
- BookTrib Spotlight: Dwyer Murphy by Neil Nyren
- Up Close: Carol Goodman by Jaden Terrell
- Up Close: Jaime Lynn Hendricks by Dawn Ius
- Writing Advice: Flip Your Perspective Instead of Your Lid to Broaden-And-Build Writing Success by Dr. Bryan Robinson
- Up Close: Rus Wornom by José H. Bográn
- Up Close: Christina Dodd by K.L. Romo
- International Thrills: Will Dean by Allison McKnight
- Up Close: Elizabeth Hand by Rebecca Fields
- Africa Scene: Sally Andrew by Michael Sears
- AudioFile Spotlight: Mystery and Suspense Audiobooks for July
- The Deadly Shallows by Dani Pettrey
- Abiding Conviction by Stephen M. Murphy
- Death and the Conjuror by Tom Mead
- Dark Drink by Tina O’Hailey
- Florida Woman by Deb Rogers
- Death by Bubble Tea by Jennifer J. Chow
- None Without Sin by Michael Bradley
- The Scarlet Oak by Jerry Aylward
- Murder at the Menger by Kathleen Kaska
- See You Next Tuesday: From the Case Files of Steve Rockfish-2 by Ken Harris
- The Lost by Jeffrey B. Burton
- Goldhammer by Haris Orkin
- Something Shady at Sunshine Haven by Kris Bock
- Agent Red: Fatal Death: Teagan Stone Book 6 by Ava S. King
- The House Sitter by Ellery Kane
- Venom on the Levels by David Hodges
- Project Namahana by John Teschner
- The Guilty Couple by C.L. Taylor
- Scar Tissue by Jeffery Hess
- The Art of Revenge, an Anthony Provati Thriller by Joe Giordano
- A Killing in Oklahoma by Bentley Turner
- Witches Copse by Math Bird
- Architect of Courage by Victoria Weisfeld
- The Collector, The Big Picture Trilogy by Lane Stone
- Something Deadly on Desert Drive by Kris Bock
- Swing Gang by Colin Campbell
- Deadly Intent by Laraine Stephens
- The Iranian Deception by Matt Scott
- The Pull by Glenn A. Bruce
- Her Frozen Cry by Carolyn Arnold
- When Heroes Flew: The Roof of the World by H. W. “Buzz” Bernard
- Mirror of Lust: A Jessica Smith Mystery Book 2 by Ava S. King
Introducing ITW’s First Chapters Program
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Kathy Reichs, Karin Slaughter, James L’Etoile, Sandra Brown, Michael Mann and Meg Gardiner, Hayley Scrivenor, Winnie M. Li, Amina Akhtar, Dean Koontz, Gabino Iglesias, Catherine Coulter, Donna Andrews, Catherine Ryan Howard, Claire Douglas, Gillian McAllister, Joy Fielding, Chuck Hogan, B.R. Myers, Megan Miranda, Brian Freeman, Ava Glass, Angela Greenman, Cheryl Hollon, Alexandrea Weis & Lucas Astor, H.L. Marsay, Daco S. Auffenorde, Humphrey Hawksley, Daniel Godfrey, James Stejskal, and many more!
ITW’s Ninth Annual Online Thriller School – Registration is Open!
In this TEN-week program, which begins September 13, 2022, the craft of thriller writing will be front and center. Each instructor will teach an aspect of craft during a live Zoom session, will provide written materials for further reading along with study suggestions (when applicable), and will offer an entire week of online Q&A with the registered students. Classes will be held every Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. Eastern.
The goal is simple: to make each student a better writer.
Registration for the ten-week online course is $495.
Please note: If you are unable to attend any of the live classes, they will all be recorded. The recordings are typically available within a few hours of the conclusion of the class, and we make those available to the students right away. You’ll also have access to the recordings for at least one year after the class is over.
ThrillerFest XVII – Audio Recordings!
Don’t miss a single class, panel, or interview!
Take a minute to fill out the short form and let us know which sessions you are interested in. We will email you as soon as they are ready to download.
Save $$$ on full sets of CraftFest & ThrillerFest!
Easy-to-play, universal mp3 format and a one-year replacement guarantee with every order.
CLICK HERE to download the mp3 order form.
CLICK HERE to listen to a sample recording.