Read the stories that were featured in the July edition of The Big Thrill.
We’re kicking off the month of July with twenty-eight new thrillers from ITW Members, including debut novels from Teri Anne Stanley and Wendy Tyson, plus new nonfiction from Steven Philip Jones. Don’t miss the Between the Lines Interview with Karin Slaughter by A.J. Colucci; a Special to the Big Thrill: THE KILLING novel: The Rewards and Challenges of Bringing Linden and Holder to the Page by Karen Dionne; a second Special to the Big Thrill: A Q&A with Simon & Schuster Senior Editor Sarah Knight by Barry Lancet; and don’t forget to visit the Africa Scene with Annamaria Alfieri.
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Special to the Big Thrill: The Killing Novel: The Rewards and Challenges of Bringing Linden and Holder to the Page by Karen Dionne
- Special to the Big Thrill: Industry Spotlight: A Q&A with Simon & Schuster Senior Editor Sarah Knight by Barry Lancet
- A Between the Lines Interview with Karin Slaughter by A.J. Colucci
- The Africa Scene with Annamaria Alfieri
- Phantom Instinct by Meg Gardiner
- The Directive by Matthew Quirk
- Terminal Life: A Suited Hero Novel by Richard Torregrossa
- The Fever by Megan Abbott
- The Black Hour by Lori Rader-Day
- The Clive Cussler Adventures: A Critical Review by Steven Philip Jones
- Enzan: The Far Mountain by John Donohue
- The Wolf by Lorenzo Carcaterra
- The Hexed by Heather Graham
- Deadly Assets by Wendy Tyson
- Crime Rib by Leslie Budewitz
- Sacrificial Muse by Maegan Beaumont
- Days of Rage by Brad Taylor
- Sand and Fire by Tom Young
- Seeders by A.J. Colucci
- A Grave Matter by Anna Lee Huber
- Firewall by DiAnn Mills
- Skin of the Wolf by Sam Cabot
- A Matter of Breeding by J. Sydney Jones
- Undiplomatic Murder by Donald Bain
- Elective Procedures by Merry Jones
- The African Contract by Arthur Kerns
- The Widow James by Bobbye Terry
- Her Perfect Mate (X-OPS Book 1) by Paige Tyler
- Deadly Chemistry by Teri Anne Stanley
- The Natural Law by Steve Attridge
- Cornered by Alan Brenham
- Deep Black Sea by David M. Salkin
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Linwood Barclay, Kelli Stanley, Whitley Strieber, Mike Resnick, John Florio, Lee Thompson, Chelsea Cain, Gregg Hurwitz, Wendy Corsi Staub, James Swallow, Karen Maitland, Nancy J. Cohen, M.P. Cooley, William Sutton, Stacy Childs, Thomas B. Sawyer, Allyson K. Abbott, Jessie Crockett, Luke McCallin, Ken Kuhlken, Kay Thomas, Charlie Flowers, Mary Behre, Thomas Waite, Ted Oswald and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- The Last Spy by Bob Reiss
- Beautiful Things by Jennifer Loring
- Locked and Loaded by Charlie Flowers
- River City by Doc Macomber
- The Sex Slave Murders True Crime Bundle: Serial Killers Gerald & Charlene Gallego\Fred & Rosemary West\Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka by R. Barri Flowers
- Murder in Hawaii Mysteries 3-Book Bundle: Murder in Maui\Murder in Honolulu\Seduced to Kill in Kauai by R. Barri Flowers
- Transylvanica High Series Bundle: Count Dracula’s Teenage Daughter\Out For Blood by R. Barri Flowers
- Whatever The Cost by J.T. Brannan
- Arcanum by GM Kern
- Serial Killer Thrillers 5-Book Bundle: Before He Kills Again\Dark Streets of Whitechapel\Justice Served\Killer in The Woods\Murder in Maui by R. Barri Flowers
- Killer Evidence Legal Thrillers 4-Book Bundle: State’s Evidence\Persuasive Evidence\Justice Served\Fractured Trust by R. Barri Flowers
- Stunner: A Ronnie Lake Mystery by Niki Danforth
- The Alternative Gambit by Steve DeWinter
- Alexandra Holzer’s Ghost Gal: The Wild Hunt by Bobby Nash
- Strange Faces by Linda Hall
- Heinous (The Faces of Evil) by Debra Webb
- Countdown to Casablanca by Dan Pollock
- The Sculptor by Gina Fava
- Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch by Elliott Capon
- Fatal Consequences by JG Faherty
- Glitch 1048 by R.V. Mikkelson
- The Shield by Lynn Sholes & Joe Moore
- Home Team by Ray Wenck
- The Colony: Shift (Book 5 of The Colony Saga) by Michaelbrent Collings
- Exiles: An Outsider Anthology by Paul D. Brazill
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- Stunner: A Ronnie Lake Mystery by Niki Danforth
ThrillerFest IX – There’s Still Time to Register!
This year is the 10th Anniversary of ITW, and we are thrilled to be honoring 2014 ThrillerMaster Scott Turow and 2014 Silver Bullet Award recipient Brenda Novak. We’ll also be welcoming back 2013 ThrillerMaster Anne Rice and 2013 Silver Bullet Award recipient Steve Berry.
With the upcoming release of ITW’s Thriller 4 Anthology, FACEOFF, we’re pleased to be showcasing the contributing authors, including David Baldacci, Linwood Barclay, Steve Berry, Lee Child, Michael Connelly, Jeffery Deaver, Linda Fairstein, Joseph Finder, Lisa Gardner, Heather Graham, Peter James, Raymond Khoury, Dennis Lehane, John Lescroart, Steve Martini, T. Jefferson Parker, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, Ian Rankin, James Rollins, M.J. Rose, John Sandford, R.L. Stine, and F. Paul Wilson. You won’t want to miss this incredible line-up, so please sign up today!
Visit The ThrillerFest Website for more information.
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at the Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Here’s what’s in store for July:
June 30 – July 6: No Roundtable (Independence Day Holiday)
July 7 – 13: No Roundtable (ThrillerFest)
July 14 – 20: How do you organize plot as a writer?
July 21 – 27: You write what you read, or so the old saying goes, as a thriller writer, do you read or write in other genres?
July 21 – 27: Weather was long a neglected stepchild in settings, with a few perfunctory descriptions at the start of a book along the lines of “It was a dark and stormy night.” Have concerns about climate change turned that around? Or has climate change become the next perfunctory aspect of setting?
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Alyssa Breck, the winner of this month’s Big Thrill giveaway. Alyssa will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Firewall by Diann Mills, Cop Town by Karin Slaughter, Block 10 by Stacy Childs with David Niall Wilson, Death at the Door by Carolyn Hart, The Red Room by Ridley Pearson and Vampire Apocalypse Book IV – Trail of Tears by Derek Gunn.
All subscribers to the Big Thrill magazine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the Big Thrill email.
- AudioFile Spotlight: Remembering John le Carré, Master of Spy Thrillers - January 31, 2021
- Up Close: Gregg Hurwitz - January 31, 2021
- The February 2021 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - January 31, 2021