Read the stories that were featured in the May edition of The Big Thrill.
33 new thrillers this month from ITW Members, including debut novels from Ted Scofield, Gary Kriss, Dennis Hetzel, Robert Walton, Michael Niemann and Samuel W. Gailey, plus new nonfiction from Steven James, a Between the Lines Interview with Steve Berry by Paula Tutman, and a Special to the Big Thrill: Screenplay vs. Novel Writing by Terry Hayes.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Special To The Big Thrill: Screenplay vs. Novel Writing by Terry Hayes
- A Between the Lines Interview with Steve Berry by Paula Tutman
- News from South Africa by Michael Sears
- Suspicion by Joseph Finder
- Fatal Snow by Robert Walton
- Eat What You Kill by Ted Scofield
- Resistant by Michael Palmer
- The Kraken Project by Douglas Preston
- Dualism by Bill DeSmedt
- The Three Emperors by William Dietrich
- The Zodiac Deception by Gary Kriss
- The Keeper by John Lescroart
- Ruin Falls by Jenny Milchman (including a bonus feature: On The Road with Jenny and M.J. Rose)
- The Cursed by Heather Graham
- Ash and Bone by Lisa von Biela
- The Hollow Girl by Reed Farrel Coleman
- Hunt the Jackal by Don Mann and Ralph Pezzullo
- Live to See Tomorrow by Iris Johansen
- Story Trumps Structure by Steven James
- The Kill Switch: A Tucker Wayne Novel by James Rollins & Grant Blackwood
- The Broken by Shelley Coriell
- Long For Me by Shiloh Walker
- Metamorph by Stephen M. DeBock
- Dead Kill – Book 1 – The Ridge Of Death by Thomas M. Malafarina
- A Shot of Red by Tracy March
- Lights Out! by Donald Bain
- The Flamekeepers by J. Gregory Smith
- Legitimate Business by Michael Niemann
- The Buddy System by Brandon Hebert
- Voodoo Ridge by David Freed
- Body Slam by Rex Burns
- Circle of Influence by Annette Dashofy
- Jade Sky by Patrick Freivald
- Deep Winter by Samuel W. Gailey
- Killing the Curse by Dennis Hetzel (with Rick Robinson)
- The Fourth Motive by Sean Lynch
- Sin by J.M. LeDuc
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Meg Gardiner, Kate White, Tom Wither, Linda Fairstein, Chuck Greaves, Erica Wright, Robert Rotstein, James W. Ziskin, Allen Zadoff, Sheila Lowe, Shiloh Walker, Ridley Pearson and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- Duel of Assassins by Dan Pollock
- Zero Alternative by Luca Pesaro
- The Target (An Agent Dallas Thriller) by L.J. Sellers
- Box Thirteen – Adventure Wanted by Bobby Nash
- The Reginald Pantry: A Zombie Chronicle by K.G. McAbee
- The Quiet Game by Marcus Brown
- Ruby Silver by Randall Reneau
- Humpy Dumpty: An Adult Anthology by Gary Alexander
- Skullhaven by Cornell DeVille
- Assured Destruction: With Zombies by Michael F. Stewart
- The Almost Forgotten Wife by Gus Leodas
- One Last Thought by Jeremy K Tyler
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- Hard As You Can by Laura Kaye
- The Trigger by L.J. Sellers
- Stay Dead by Anne Frasier
- Play Dead by Anne Frasier
- The Coyote Tracker by Larry D. Sweazy
- Murders In The United States: Crimes, Killers And Victims Of The Twentieth Century by R. Barri Flowers
ThrillerFest IX – Registration Now Open!
This year is the 10th Anniversary of ITW, and we are thrilled to be honoring 2014 ThrillerMaster Scott Turow and 2014 Silver Bullet Award recipient Brenda Novak. We’ll also be welcoming back 2013 ThrillerMaster Anne Rice and 2013 Silver Bullet Award recipient Steve Berry.
With the upcoming release of ITW’s Thriller 4 Anthology, FACEOFF, we’re pleased to be showcasing the contributing authors, including David Baldacci, Linwood Barclay, Steve Berry, Lee Child, Michael Connelly, Jeffery Deaver, Linda Fairstein, Joseph Finder, Lisa Gardner, Heather Graham, Peter James, Raymond Khoury, Dennis Lehane, John Lescroart, Steve Martini, T. Jefferson Parker, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, Ian Rankin, James Rollins, M.J. Rose, John Sandford, R.L. Stine, and F. Paul Wilson. You won’t want to miss this incredible line-up, so please sign up today!
Best First Sentence Contest
To celebrate our first year of Master CraftFest, a one-day intensive retreat on Tuesday, July 8, 2014, we are running a special event called the Best First Sentence Contest. All you need to do is send your VERY best first sentence (for a novel) along with your name, email address, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win a critique of 10 pages of your work.
Five winners will be selected, and the Master CraftFest teachers—Steve Berry, Steven James, John Lescroart, and David Morrell—along with CraftFest Director, D.P. Lyle, MD will be choosing their favorite sentences and critiquing ten pages of the winners’ work. This is an incredible opportunity for feedback, whether you are an aspiring writer or a seasoned author.
Visit The ThrillerFest Website for more information.
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at the Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Here’s what’s in store for May:
May 5 – 11: How do you separate the author from your characters?
May 12 – 18: Anti-heroes are popular on television. What are the secrets to making a popular anti-hero?
May 19 – 25: What happens when Hollywood calls?
May 26 – June 1: Setting Limits: At what point does a book require a map, a list of characters, a genealogical diagram? Can a plot get too intricate?
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Meg Dobson, the winner of this month’s Big Thrill giveaway. Meg will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Courier by Ted Irving, The Flame Keepers by J. Gregory Smith, Eat What You Kill by Ted Scofield, Murder, She Wrote: Aloha Betrayed by Jessica Fletcher and Donald Bain, Warriors by Ted Bell, Far Gone by Laura Griffin, False Sight by Dan Krokos, Body Slam by Rex Burns and Waking the Dead by Heather Graham.
All subscribers to the Big Thrill magazine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the Big Thrill email.