We’re late! Website maintenance pushed our June issue a few days behind schedule, but we hope you’ll agree—the content is worth the wait. This month, Dawn Ius goes Between the Lines with ITW Best Hardcover nominee Joe Clifford, Kate White talks to bestselling thriller authors about life imitating art, and for this month’s Africa Scene, Michael Sears chats with Peter Kimani about a thrilling new anthology, Nairobi Noir. Plus, we get up close with D. P. Lyle, J. A. Jance, Jon Land, Iris Johansen, and many more authors of bestselling thrillers. The June issue of The Big Thrill is live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Joe Clifford by Dawn Ius
- Have YOU Registered for Virtual ThrillerFest Yet?
- On the Cover: Sandrone Dazieri by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: J. A. Jance by April Snellings
- Up Close: Hannah Mary McKinnon by K. L. Romo
- Africa Scene: Peter Kimani by Michael Sears
- Up Close: Iris Johansen by K. L. Romo
- Up Close: Mike Maden by J. H. Bográn
- When Life Imitates Art by Kate White
- BookTrib Spotlight: Michael Elias by Neil Nyren
- On the Cover: Jessica Barry by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Heather Young by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: D. P. Lyle by Austin S. Camacho
- Career Pursuit: An Interview with Rob Hart
- Up Close: Jon Land & Jessica Fletcher by K. L. Romo
- Up Close: Casey Sherman and Dave Wedge by Dawn Ius
- AudioFile Spotlight: 5 Questions with Scott Brick
- The Ringing Rocks of Atlantis by Jeanne D’Août
- Mad Dog by Dave Wickenden
- I Killed Zoe Spanos by Kit Frick
- Murder in the Secret Maze by Judith Gonda
- When Heroes Flew by H. W. “Buzz” Bernard
- The Vigilant Spy by Jeffrey Layton
- Once Is Never Enough by Haris Orkin
- The Fourth Rising by Martin Roy Hill
- Glass Dolls by D. E. White
- A Dream Within a Dream by Mike Nappa and Melissa Kosci
- Silver Wings, Iron Cross by Tom Young
- Don’t Keep Silent by Elizabeth Goddard
- Coldwater by Tom Pitts
- They Did Bad Things by Lauren A. Forry
- The Blues Don’t Care by Paul D. Marks
- In Twilight’s Hush by Laurie Stevens
- Derailed by Mary Keliikoa
- Catawba Point by Colin Campbell
- Dead Air by Michael Bradley
- The Study of Secrets by Cynthia Kuhn
- Standoff by Patricia Bradley
- Perfectly Famous by Emily Liebert
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Riley Sager, Rachel Amphlett, Paul Tremblay, Jeffrey B. Burton, Ronald S. Barak, Karen Hamilton, Josh Malerman, Timothy Jay Smith, Katie Tallo, Christina Schwarz, Otho Eskin, Megan Miranda, Dani Pettrey, Colin Conway and Frank Zafiro, Liese Sherwood-Fabre, John A. Vanek, Heather Gudenkauf, John A. Connell, Thomas O’Callaghan, Fred Zackel and many more!
Virtual ThrillerFest XV (2020) Is On!
Due to the pandemic this year, we’ve canceled the in-person ThrillerFest Conference at the Grand Hyatt in New York City this July. The health and safety of our attendees is our top priority.
But we have fantastic news! We are offering a virtual conference so our attendees can remain safe in the comfort of their homes yet still participate in the learning and camaraderie that is the hallmark of the annual conference of the International Thriller Writers. No travel, no hotel stay, but an even more extensive array of bestselling ITW authors who can help you polish your thrillers and top drawer New York agents and editors to whom you can pitch—along with attractive prices!
We have an outstanding array of guests and publishing professionals, with this year’s event including a Free Debut Authors’ Presentation, Free ITW Author Videos, and a Free Awards Presentation.
Our Mega CraftFest, Master Class, Pitching Sessions, Consulting Sessions, and CareerFest will all be offered this July.
The NEW Big Thrill Book Giveaway
Congratulations to Michael B. and Sally S. winners of March’s New The Big Thrill Book Giveaway!
They each received 10 signed thrillers from ITW members.
On June 12 we’ll draw 4 lucky subscribers to win 5 thrillers each!
You could be our next winner!
Current and new subscribers welcome.
A Twinkle in the Eyes of God by David William Pearce
Treasure Fever: The Hunt For El Dorad by James B. McPike
Killing Spree by Kevin O’Brien
The Far Empty by J. Todd Scott
Eagle Warrior by Jenna Kernan
- The October 2021 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - September 30, 2021
- Up Close: Anthony Horowitz - September 30, 2021
- AudioFile Spotlight: Behind the Mic with Actor Alfred Molina - September 30, 2021