We’re springing into the season with a fresh crop of thrillers, an exclusive new promotional opportunity for ITW members, and writing advice from some of the best authors in the genre. Want to ramp up your daily word count? Read K.L. Romo’s feature story on genre superstar J.T. Ellison, who aims for 2,000 words a day. Looking for a novel with a gut punch of a first chapter? Add Alex Finlay’s EVERY LAST FEAR to your TBR, STAT! Interested in giving readers a taste of your new thriller? You’ll definitely want to check out ITW’s First Chapters program. Michael Sears gets the scoop on the latest Tony Park thriller in Africa Scene, Neil Nyren interviews Sarah Penner in this month’s BookTrib Spotlight, and we get Up Close with Heather Graham, Dean Koontz, Don Bentley, Alma Katsu, C.J. Tudor and nearly 50 more authors of hot new releases. The March issue of The Big Thrill is live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: J.T. Ellison by K.L. Romo
- On the Cover: Don Bentley by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: J.A. Jance by Karen Hugg
- Up Close: Alex Finlay by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Alma Katsu by J.H. Bográn
- Up Close: Peter Robinson by April Snellings
- Up Close: Heather Graham by Dawn Ius
- BookTrib Spotlight: Sarah Penner by Neil Nyren
- Up Close: Alison Morton by E.M. Powell
- Up Close: Victoria Helen Stone by Angela Channell
- On the Cover: Dean Koontz by Adam Meyer
- Up Close: John Farrow by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: Peter Swanson by Dawn Ius
- Africa Scene: Tony Park by Michael Sears
- Up Close: C.J. Tudor by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Joel C. Rosenberg by Austin S. Camacho
- Audiofile Spotlight: 5 Questions with Thérèse Plummer
- A Killer’s Daughter by Jenna Kernan
- Search For Her by Rick Mofina
- After Alice Fell by Kim Taylor Blakemore
- Unknown Threat by Lynn H. Blackburn
- Nighthawking by Russ Thomas
- Do No Harm by Christina McDonald
- Hidden Intentions by Alan Brenham
- Flash Drive by Donald J. Bingle
- Things We Cannot Unsee by R.J. Pineiro
- Dead on the Delta by Sherry Knowlton
- Assassins Rogue by Rachel Amphlett
- Dazzlepaint by Erica Obey
- He Rode by Glenn A. Bruce
- Her Perfect Bones by Ellery Kane
- Fatal Intent by Tammy Euliano
- Nighthawk’s Wing by Charles Fergus
- I Don’t Forgive You by Aggie Blum Thompson
- Cry For Help by Wendy Dranfield
- Animal by Dr. Munish Batra, M.D., FACS and Keith R.A. DeCandido
Introducing ITW’s First Chapters Program
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Joshilyn Jackson, David Baldacci, J.D. Barker, Bryan Christy, S.A. Lelchuk, Wendy Heard, Clay McLeod Chapman, Stu Jones & Gareth Worthington, Adele Parks, Debbie Babitt, Jessica Hamilton, Paula Munier, Elle Marr, Kris Calvin, Elizabeth Goddard, Emmeline Duncan, M. L. Buchman, Alicia Beckman, Glenn A. Bruce, Sue Hinkin, John A. Connell, Eric J. Gates, Lee Jackson, Kathryn Casey, Larysa Rychkova, and many more!
Virtual ThrillerFest XVI – Save The Date!
The ThrillerFest team is hard at work planning the Virtual ThrillerFest XVI conference. Registration will open in February and the event will run from June 28th to July 9th, 2021.
Due to continuing pandemic concerns, the conference will be held online. The health and safety of our attendees is our top priority.
We had such a successful event last July that we decided to plan another virtual conference, allowing our attendees to remain safe in the comfort of their homes yet still participate in the learning and camaraderie that is the hallmark of the annual conference of the International Thriller Writers.
There will be no travel, no hotel stay, but we will recruit an extensive group of bestselling ITW authors who can help you polish your thrillers and top drawer New York agents and editors to whom you can pitch—and we’ll offer attractive prices!
Stay tuned for more information along with a list of our outstanding array of guests and publishing professionals. Our X-treme CraftFest (including CareerFest), Master Class, Pitching Sessions, and Consulting Sessions will all be offered this June 28th – July 9th, 2021.
This year’s event also includes:
- Free Debut Authors’ Presentation
- Free ITW Author Videos
- Free Thriller Awards Presentation
- Free Best First Sentence Contest.
The Big Thrill Book Giveaway
Congratulations to Judy M. and Mona W., winners of the February The Big Thrill Book Giveaway!
They will each receive 10 signed thrillers from ITW members.
Subscribe now for a chance to win in our next book giveaway!
Current and new subscribers welcome.
The Girl on the Bridge by James Hayman
Bum Deal by Paul Levine
Thorpe’s Candle by Joe Moore
The Device Trial by Tom Breen
Beyond Control by Kat Martin
The Dead Season by Tessa Wegert
Sweet Water by Cara Reinard
Unnatural by Deven Greene
Edinburgh Midnight by Carole Lawrence
Identity Theft by Bob Avey
- The September 2022 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - August 31, 2022
- Between the Lines: Bev Vincent, Interview by Stephen King - August 31, 2022
- Up Close: Cate Holahan - August 31, 2022