Read the stories that were featured in the June edition of The Big Thrill.
Summer is almost here and ThrillerFest is right around the corner! We’re celebrating with 42 new thrillers, including debut novels from Mary Louise Kelly and Alan L. Lee, nonfiction from Jessica Buchanan & Erik Landemalm with Anthony Flacco, a Special to the Big Thrill: The Questions I Get by D. P. Lyle, MD, a Between the Lines Interview with Jonathan Maberry by Paula Tutman and News From South Africa by Michael Sears.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Special to the Big Thrill: The Questions I Get by D. P. Lyle, MD
- Between the Lines Interview with Jonathan Maberry by Paula Tutman
- News From South Africa by Michael Sears
- Seduction by M.J. Rose
- The King’s Deception by Steve Berry
- Stolen by Allison Brennan
- The Shadow Tracer by Meg Gardiner
- The Genesis Code by Lisa von Biela
- The Emerald Scepter by Paul Kemprecos
- Crime of Privilege by Walter Walker
- Corrupt Practices by Robert Rotstein
- Boy Nobody by Allen Zadoff
- The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
- Scorpion Deception by Andrew Kaplan
- Sandstorm by Alan L. Lee
- Opposing Forces by Adrienne Giordano
- Retribution by Winter Austin
- The Keeper of Hands by J. Sydney Jones
- Blood Tango by Annamaria Alfieri
- As She Left It by Catriona McPherson
- The Last Kind Word by David Housewright
- Helsinki Homicide: Cold Trail by Jarkko Sipila
- Green-Eyed Lady by Chuck Greaves
- Anonymous Sources by Mary Louise Kelly
- Cornerstone by J. M. LeDuc
- The Diabolist by Layton Green
- Chloe Johansson and the God Particle by Toby Tate
- Fade to Black by Jeffrey Wilson
- The Trade by Colby Marshall
- The Navigator by Michael Pocalyko
- The Trojan Colt by Mike Resnick
- Death, Taxes, and Hot Pink Leg Warmers by Diane Kelly
- Templar’s Acre by Michael Jecks
- The Lone Wolf Agenda by Joseph Badal
- Hour of the Rat by Lisa Brackmann
- Odd Man Out by Brandon Hebert
- For Love or Money by Cathy Perkins
- One Lost Summer by Richard Godwin
- Operation: Genocide by Yvonne Walus
- Cobra Clearance by Richard Craig Anderson
- Wounded Prey by Sean Lynch
- Unspeakable by Kevin O’Brien
- Carved in Darkness by Maegan Beaumont
- Impossible Odds by Jessica Buchanan & Erik Landemalm with Anthony Flacco
- The Jericho Deception by Jeffrey Small
- Until She Comes Home by Lori Roy
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Elizabeth Goddard, Brad Thor, Karin Slaughter, Catherine Coulter, Iris Johansen, Alex Kava, Brad Taylor, J.B. Turner, Tom Young, Jeff Carlson, Jon McGoran, Richard Bard, John Florio, T. L. Costa, D.J. Niko, Terry Shames, Yasmine Galenorn, Richard Helms, Steven James, James Phelan, Brad Taylor, Jeffrey Small, Jeanne Matthews and that’s just the beginning!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- Bone Pit by Bette Golden Lamb & J. J. Lamb
- The Catch by Tom Bale
- Dangerous Games: How to Play by Matt Forbeck
- Terminus by Joshua Graham
- Change of Heart by Jenna Bennett
- Wiggle Room by Dr. Darden North
- Power In The Blood by Ed Wyrick
- Killer Kitchens by Jean Harrington
- The Devil Walks Beside Her by Gus Leodas
- A Glorious Curse by Gerrie Ferris Finger
- To Beat the Devil by Michael Haskins
- Snow Day: a Novella by Dan Maurer
- Amber Alert (A Grace deHaviland Bounty Hunter Novella) by David DeLee
- Saito Izumi, Origins by David Miller
- Groza by Grant McKenzie
- Die For Me by Nichole Severn
- Murder at the Pencil Factory: The Killing of Mary Phagan 100 Years Later (A True Crime Short) by R. Barri Flowers
- Nasty Evil Bitch Boss by Grant McKenzie
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- The Hitman’s Woman by Devon Vaughn Archer
- Net Impact by Donald J. Bingle
- The Blue Moon Cafe by Rick R. Reed
- Obsessed by Rick R. Reed
- Less Dead by Laura Elvebak
- Count Dracula’s Teenage Daughter by R. Barri Flowers
- Blade of Hearts by Basil Sands
- Stress Test by Richard L. Mabry, MD
- Tiny Dancer by Anthony Flacco
- In the Matter of Nikola Tesla: A Romance of the Mind by Anthony Flacco
- The Chalice by Nancy Bilyeau
- Snow Day: a Novella by Dan Maurer
Come meet your 2013 Participating Authors along with ITW Co-Presidents Kathleen Antrim and Lee Child, plus Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child!
Where: Ballroom I at the Grand Hyatt in Manhattan
We’re very excited about our first ever FanFest! Certain ITW authors are hosting a special signing and cocktail party for a group of lucky fans. This event is open to all ThrillerFest registrants and the selected fans that each ITW author host invites. Fans will need a special badge to get in, so please check in at registration before heading to the party.
The evening kicks off at 6:00pm with a special signing for all the FanFest authors. Next, everyone will gather in Ballroom I at the Grand Hyatt for a cocktail party from 6:30-8:00pm where they can spend quality time with their favorite author and indulge in the beverage of their choice.
Fans will take home a special swag bag created especially for them by their ITW author host along with lots of good memories! Hope to see you there!
ThrillerFest VIII – Register Today!
ThrillerFest VIII – July 10th – 13th, Grand Hyatt, NYC.
We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2013 ThrillerMaster: Anne Rice
- 2011 ThrillerMaster: R. L. Stine
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Connelly
- Spotlight Guest: T. Jefferson Parker
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Palmer
- 2013 Silver Bullet Award Recipient: Steve Berry
CraftFest — New York Times bestselling authors will share their secrets on the craft of writing.
AgentFest — The top agents and editors in the business will be on hand to hear your pitches.
ThrillerFest — Network with other writers and meet industry professionals at the fabulous panels. Special guests will be announced soon.
TO GET THE BEST DEAL, REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
To view some fabulous interviews from last year’s ThrillerFest, please visit NYC Media. Including interviews with David Morrell, Sandra Brown and many more!
Don’t forget to a few minutes and peruse the ThrillerFest VII photo slideshow compliments of Alan Jacobson.
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The BigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Dena Michele Charlton, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Dena will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Silent Slaughter by C.E. Lawrence, Girl Three by Tracy March, Cobra Clearance by Richard Craig Anderson, The Pentacle Pendant by Stephen M. DeBock, Let the Dead Sleep by Heather Graham, Wounded Prey by Sean Lynch, The Genesis Code by Lisa Von Biela, Sleep My Darlings by Diane Fanning, Invitation to Die Today by Helen Smith and Her Boyfriend’s Bones by Jeanne Matthews
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- October 14 – 20: “What features of a thriller by an unknown author would make you want to read it?” - October 13, 2019
- October 7 – 13: “Is it hard to start a new novel?” - October 6, 2019
- The October 2019 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - September 30, 2019