Read the stories that were featured in the August edition of The Big Thrill.
31 new thrillers this month, plus First Blood Turns Forty: Rambo’s Father Reflects on His Iconic Creation an interview with David Morrell by Hank Wagner, a Between The Lines interview with Alan Jacobson by Brett King, and News from South Africa by Michael Sears.
Print the Big Thrill list and head on down to your favorite bookstore, or download your selections to your electronic e-reader, and enjoy a month’s worth of great reading from your friends at the International Thriller Writers.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Special to the Big Thrill: First Blood Turns Forty by Hank Wagner
- News from South Africa by Michael Sears
- Between The Lines Interview with Alan Jacobsen by Brett King
- You Don’t Want to Know by Lisa Jackson
- Shunning Sarah by Julie Kramer
- Option to Kill by Andrew Peterson
- The Unspoken by Heather Graham
- Blood and Silver by James R. Tuck
- The Survivor by Gregg Hurwitz
- Run To Ground by D. P. Lyle
- Scorpion Winter by Andrew Kaplan
- Masters of True Crime by R. Barri Flowers (Editor)
- Simple by Kathleen George
- A Way With Murder by R.J. Jagger
- Relentless Pursuit by Adrienne Giordano
- Chilled by Kendra Elliot
- Car Wash Blues by Michael Haskins
- Cat in a White Tie and Tails by Carole Nelson Douglas
- Last Lawyer Standing by Douglas Corleone
- Falcons of Fire and Ice by Karen Maitland
- Carry the Flame by James Jaros
- Silent Slaughter by C. E. Lawrence
- Devil’s Gate by F.J. Lennon
- Immortally Yours by Angie Fox
- The Colonel’s Mistake by Dan Mayland
- Return To Atlantis by Andy McDermott
- Words in the Wind by Yvonne Anderson
- Night Walker by Lisa Kessler
- The Void by Brett J. Talley
- If God Doesn’t Show by R.Thomas Riley and John Grover
- Deadly Politics by Maggie Sefton
- Avenging Angel by Anne Marie Becker
- In for a Ruble by David Duffy
- Tall, Dark and Divine by Jenna Bennett
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Ken Follett, Sandra Brown, Lee Child, Eric Van Lustbader, Tess Gerritsen, Steven James, Wendy Corsi Staub, M.C. Grant, Grant Jerkins, Laurie R. King, Nancy J. Cohen, Allan Topol, Mick Ridgewell, Kathy Reichs and many more!
Plus, a ThrillerFest VII recap from Anthony J. Franze & Jenny Milchman!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- Approaching Menace by June Shaw
- The Benefactor by Scott Griffin
- The Vengeance Man by John Macrae
- Tales of an Altered Past Powered by Romance, Horror, and Steam by Donald J. Bingle
- Counterplay by S.A.Van
- Daryk Warrior by Denise A. Agnew
- Grand Jury by David DeLee
- Sleeping Dogs: The Awakening by John Wayne Falbey
- Let Me Out by Nichole Severn
- A Primer On Death by Michael W. Sherer
- The Kronos Interference by Edward Miller and J.B. Manas
- A Sorority of Angels by Gus Leodas
- The Roswell Conspiracy by Boyd Morrison
- Portrait of a Marshall by Lissa Price
- The Art of Rendition by Mark Sullivan
- Bling, Bling by David DeLee
- A Question of Proof by Joseph Amiel
LOVE IS MURDER Anthology!
Prepare for heart-racing suspense in this original collection by thirty of the hottest bestselling authors and new voices writing romance suspense today.
Go on vacation with Allison Brennan’s Lucy Kincaid, where she saves a man from drowning, only to discover he is in far greater danger on land. Meet Roxanne St. Claire’s “bullet catcher”–bodyguard Donovan Rush–who may have met his match in the sexually charged “Diamond Drop.” Debut author William Simon shows us what happens when the granddaughter of the president of the United States is kidnapped. And Lee Child’s pitch-perfect “I Heard a Romantic Story” puts a whole new spin on Love Is Murder.
Bodyguards, vigilantes, stalkers, serial killers, women (and men!) in jeopardy, cops, thieves, PIs, killers–these all-new stories will keep you thrilled and chilled late into the night.
LOVE IS MURDER is the third Thriller anthology written exclusively by members of International Thriller Writers, Inc. With original short stories from Lori Armstrong, Jeff Ayers, Beverly Barton, William Bernhardt, Allison Brennan, Robert Browne, Pamela Callow, Toni McGee Causey, Lee Child, JT Ellison, Bill Floyd, Cindy Gerard, Heather Graham, Laura Griffin, Vicki Hinze, Andrea Kane, Julie Kenner, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dianna Love, Jon Land, D.P. Lyle, James Macomber, Carla Neggers, Brenda Novak, Patricia Rosemoor, William Simon, Alexandra Sokoloff, Roxanne St. Claire, Mariah Stewart, and Debra Webb, you won’t want to miss this!
Praise for the Thriller anthologies:
“A slam-dunk collection of the best in the business.” Steve Berry, New York Times bestselling author
“For romantic suspense lovers, this is magical mayhem loaded with bark and bite. Downright beguiling.” Jeffery Deaver, International #1 bestselling author
“It’s like a box of chocolates–each one is different, but they’re all great.” Joseph Finder, New York Times bestselling author
“An absolute must-buy for thriller readers everywhere.” Lisa Gardner, #1 New York Times bestselling author
“I love this book and you will, too.” Tess Gerritsen, International bestselling author
“Absolutely superb.” Doug Preston, New York Times bestselling author
“Gripping, exciting, engaging–every story will leave you breathless.” Karin Slaughter, #1 Internationally bestselling author
Still not sold? Read Julie Kramer’s Special to The Big Thrill (June 2012): Between The Lines of Love Is Murder.
The Thriller Roundtable
Back by popular demand, The Thriller Roundtable! A big thanks to ITW’s new Roundtable Coordinator, J. H. Bográn for his help, tireless effort and infectious enthusiasm in running one of TheBigThrill’s most popular features.
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more. In June we’ll discuss everything from new media and its effect on readers to high stakes, large-canvas thrillers vs. intimate thrills. You won’t want to miss it!
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Kevin Kruse, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Kevin will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Run To Ground by D.P. Lyle, Invitation to a Murder by Esther Luttrell, The Cure by Bradlee Frazer, Evil Agreement by Richard L. Hatin, The Renegades by Tom Young, Mistress of Mourning by Karen Harper, Dark Crossings by Karen Harper, Tattooed by Pamela Callow, Pulse by John Lutz, Deadly Politics by Maggie Sefton, Hidden by Kendra Elliot, Shut Your Eyes Tight by John Verdon, Think of a Number by John Verdon and Let the Devil Sleep by John Verdon.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.