Read the stories that were featured in the December issue of The Big Thrill.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- A Between the Lines Interview with Hank Phillippi Ryan
- Special to The Big Thrill: Watchlist: A Serial Interview
- Special to The Big Thrill: Thriller Writers Meet Real-life Warriors During Operation Thriller USO Tour
- Special to The Big Thrill: Going Indie: From Screenwriting to Publishing
- News from South Africa by Mike Nicol
- The Fourth Victim by Tara Taylor Quinn
- Set the Night on Fire by Libby Fischer Hellmann
- Every Bitter Thing by Leighton Gage
- Critical Condition by CJ Lyons
- Rogue Wave by Boyd Morrison
- The Keepers Trilogy by Heather Graham, Alexandra Sokoloff, Deborah LeBlanc
- The Samaritan by Stephen Besecker
- Unforgivable by Laura Griffin
- Mad Skills by Walter Greatshell
- Silent Victim by C. E. Lawrence
- Silver Zombie by Carole Nelson Douglas
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff by Don Bruns
- Too Many Clients by David J. Walker
- Dreamspell Nightmares by L.A. Starks, David Fingerman, Randy Rohn
- Bitter Legacy by H. Terrell Griffin
- Collateral Damage by J.L. Saint
- Colby Core by Debra Webb
- The Emperor’s Tomb by Steve Berry
- The Last Matryoshka by Joyce Yarrow
- Sideshow by William Ollie
- The War Cloud by Thomas Greanias
Coming December 7 in paperback!
From the International Thriller Writers comes Watchlist: two powerful novellas featuring the same thrilling cast of characters in one major suspenseful package. The Chopin Manuscript and The Copper Bracelet are collaborations of some of the world’s greatest thriller writers, including Lee Child, Joseph Finder, Lisa Scottoline, and Jeffery Deaver, who conceived the characters and set the plots in motion. The other authors each wrote a chapter and Deaver then completed what he started, bringing both novellas to their startling conclusions.
“Entertaining and intriguing….the action is full-boil.” — USA Today
“A suspenseful, action-packed international thriller filled with plenty of twists and turns.” — Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“Moving from room to room, hearing their stories…we writers of invented action were humbled by meeting warriors who had lived the real thing, examples of heroism far beyond anything we could imagine,” says David Morrell. For Morrell and the other thriller writers (Steve Berry, Andy Harp, Douglas Preston, and James Rollins) who participated in the recent Operation Thriller USO Tour, the tour was a life-changing experience.
It brought them face-to-face with wounded military personnel at hospitals in the United States and with personnel stationed in Kuwait and Iraq. This was the first time in the USO’s 69-year history that authors visited a combat zone, and it was a huge success for both the authors and the men and women they visited.
USO Photo by Mike Theiler
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the THRILLER ROUNDTABLE discussions at the new Big Thrill website, where each week, a new group of authors discuss what inspires them, who their favorite hero characters are, what advice they’d offer the next generation of thriller authors, and more. Here’s December’s schedule:
Week of November 29-December 5: “Who struggles more to write across gender lines, male, or female authors?” with LJ Sellers, Teresa Burrell, and Allison Leotta, David Morrell, DP Lyle, Daryl Wood Gerber and Shane Gericke.
Week of December 6-12: “Who is the best thriller antagonist of all time? (Other than Hannibal Lecter)” with C.E. Lawrence, George Eby, Raymond Benson, and James Hayman (other authors to be announced).
Week of December 13-19: “What’s one myth about being an author you’d like to debunk?” with Susanna Kearsley, Julie Korzenko, CE Lawrence, Allan Leverone, and Bonnie Hearn Hill.
December 20-31: No discussions scheduled.
What’s it like to write a serial novel? Find out during the week of December 6-12 when Watchlist contributors Lee Child, David Hewson, David Corbett, John Ramsey Miller, Brett Battles, Ralph Pezzulo, James Grady, Gayle Lynds, Jim Fusilli, James Phelan, SJ Rozan, David Liss, John Gilstrap, Erica Spindler, PJ Parrish, Peter Spiegelman, and Joseph Finder along with MJ Rose (who wrote the introduction) answer the question!
And remember! As with all our Roundtable discussions, authors, readers, and fans are welcome to post their thoughts and opinions in the comment trail!
Congratulations to Howard Siggelko, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Howard will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Harvest Hunting by Yasmine Galenorn, Highborn by Yvonne Navarro, Colby Brass by Debra Webb, The Keepers by Heather Graham, Edge of Sight by Roxanne St. Claire, The 3rd Secret by Tara Taylor Quinn, Fall of Giants by Ken Follett, Damaged by Pamela Callow, Every Bitter Thing by Leighton Gage, Cold Dawn by Carla Neggers, and Critical Condition by C.J. Lyons.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Coming next month: a Between the Lines interview with Sebastian Fitzek, and the latest thrillers from Matt Forbeck, Karen Dionne, Pamela Callow, Wendy Corsi Staub, Kat Martin, Denise A. Agnew, Allison Brennan, Blaize Clement, Mary Kennedy, Angela Henry, Raul Ramos y Sanchez, Robert Crais and more. It’s gonna be a thriller!
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.