The September 2018 Edition of The Big Thrill
Read the stories that were in the September edition of The Big Thrill.
Our September issue is packed with exciting success stories, from Hank Phillippi Ryan and Sandra Brown to J. T. Ellison, Reed Farrel Coleman, Wendy Corsi Staub, and more. Learn how Bev Vincent co-edited a flight fright anthology with Stephen King and how Sarah Weinman unearthed decades-old secrets in her nonfiction true-crime book. Plus, in “Trend Alert,” Dawn Ius reports on the rise of the suspense anthology, and why authors are drawn to them like never before.
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Hank Phillippi Ryan by Josie Brown
- Between the Lines: Reed Farrel Coleman by Alex Segura
- Between the Lines: Sarah Weinman by Nancy Bilyeau
- Between the Lines: J. T. Ellison by J. H. Bográn
- Trend Alert: How Anthologies Help Authors by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Bev Vincent by April Snellings
- Up Close: Sandra Brown by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Lisa Black by R. G. Belsky
- Up Close: Wendy Corsi Staub by Dawn Ius
- Debut Focus: Catherine Riggs by Robert Dugoni
- Neil Nyren Spotlight: Howard Michael Gould
- Africa Scene: Jeff Dawson by Michael Sears
- Ten After Closing by Jessica Bayliss
- Presiding Over the Damned by Liam Sweeny
- American History by J. L. Abramo
- Broken Windows by Paul D. Marks
- Ashes of Victory by Joe Weber and R. J. Pineiro
- Walk a Crooked Line by Susan McBride
- Sea of Heartbreak by William Nikkel
- Down With the Underdogs by Ian Truman
- The Devil’s Son by Charles Kowalski
- Shattered at Sea by Cheryl Hollon
- VOX by Christina Dalcher
- Support Your Local Pug by Lane Stone
- Idyll Hands by Stephanie Gayle
- The Blues Walked In by Kathleen George
- Recon by David McCaleb
- Poughkeepsie Shuffle by Dietrich Kalteis
- Cold Open by Patricia McLinn
- Scathed by Sue Coletta
- The Second Son by Martin Jay Weiss
- Husk by Dave Zeltserman
- The Crate: A Story of War, a Murder, and Justice by Deborah Vadas Levison
- Dirty Boulevard: Crime Fiction Inspired by the Songs of Lou Reed by David James Keaton
- Jealous Rage: Stunning True Tales of Intimates, Passion, and Murder (Volume 1) by R. Barri Flowers
- Dark Rhapsody by Helaine Mario
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Kyle Mills and Vince Flynn, Dacre Stoker and J. D. Barker, Lisa Unger, Steven James, Christa Faust & Gary Phillips, Brenda Novak, Wendy Tyson, R. J. Jagger, Carole Bugge, Ellen Byron, Karna Small Bodman, E. M. Powell, Colin Campbell, Liese Sherwood-Fabre, Jay Schiffman, Ava Bradley, Eric J. Guignard, Catharine Riggs, Sandra Ruttan, M. Todd Henderson, Steve Goble, Lawrence Kelter, Nancy J. Cohen, Jennifer Soosar and many more!
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers to what they’ve learned, and more.
Check out what’s in store for this month. You won’t want to miss it!
September 3 – 9: “What can thriller writers learn from the comics industry?”
September 10 – 16: NO ROUNDTABLE
September 17 – 23: “Is the theater standard of a three-act play valid for thriller novels?”
September 24 – 30: “George Bernard Shaw said that ‘all professions are conspiracies against the laity.’ How do writers invite readers into the conspiracy?”
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J. H. Bográn.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
The NEW Big Thrill Book Giveaway
Congratulations to Mary Kay,
the winner of the August Big Thrill Book Giveaway!
Mary Kay will receive a box of thrillers, including:
Thorpe’s Candle by Joe Moore
Skyjack by K. J. Howe (UNSIGNED)
Falling Darkness by Karen Harper
Drowning Tides by Karen Harper
You Only Live Once by Haris Orkin
Deadly Payload by Karen Randau
Still Waters by Heather Graham and Karen Harper
Face Off by Brenda Novak
Bum Deal by Paul Levine
The Device Trial by Tom Breen
The Big Bluff by Jack Halliday
Yesterday’s News by R.G. Belsky
The Paloma Crossing by Randall Reneau
The Girl on the Bridge by James Hayman
Gone Dark by Kirk Russell (UNSIGNED)
CLICK HERE to enter our next Big Thrill Giveaway. You could be our next winner!
- The May 2023 Special Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - May 31, 2023
- The June 2023 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - May 31, 2023
- AudioFile Spotlight: Mystery & Suspense Audiobooks for June - May 31, 2023