Read the stories that were featured in the January edition of The Big Thrill.
22 new thrillers from ITW Members to kick-start the new year, including debut novels from Lynne Raimondo and Tace Baker, plus a Between The Lines Interview exclusive with Rebecca Cantrell and James Rollins, Special to the Big Thrill: Operation Thriller USO Tour with Andy Harp, and News From South Africa by Michael Sears.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Between the Lines Interview with Rebecca Cantrell and James Rollins by Julie Kramer
- Special to the Big Thrill: Operation Thriller USO Tour by Andy Harp
- News From South Africa by Michael Sears
- Wrong Turn by Diane Fanning
- Marked by David Jackson
- Indigo Awakening by Jordan Dane
- Winter Break by Merry Jones
- Dante’s Wood: A Mark Angelotti Novel by Lynne Raimondo
- Speaking of Murder by Tace Baker
- Blood Money by James Grippando
- Reborn (Requiem of Humanity Series) Book 2 by Catherine Stovall
- Lilith by Toby Tate
- Live and Let Love, An Agent Ex Novel by Gina Robinson
- The Black List and The Dark Hour by Robin Burcell
- The Death Relic by Chris Kuzneski
- 13 (Tallent & Lowery Book 1) by Amy Lignor
- The Burning Time by JG Faherty
- The Eighth Witch by Maynard Sims
- Murder by Moonlight by Vincent Zandri
- Death, Taxes, and Peach Sangria by Diane Kelly
- Backtrack by Jason Dean
- Fear Collector by Gregg Olsen
- The Reanimation of Edward Schuett by Derek J. Goodman
- The Umbrella Man by Jake Needham
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Robert Crais, CJ Lyons, Robert S. Levinson, Lisa Gardner, Susan Froetschel, Don Mann, Ralph Pezzullo, Merry Jones, Leighton Gage, Mark Alpert, Jeffrey J. Mariotte, Tosca Lee, J.C. Carleson, Ashok Banker and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- Mirror, Mirror by Les Edgerton
- Precipice by Tom Savage
- Valentine by Tom Savage
- Murder by T. J. Edison
- Doctor Night by Victor Branch
- The Courage To Kill by Ron Argo
- The Seven Year Itch (A J.J. McCall Novel) by S.D. Skye
- Count Dracula’s Teenage Daughter by R. Barri Flowers
- Gilded Wings (The Angel Chronicles Book II) by Amy Lignor
- Calculated Risk by Jim Silver
- Storm Track by Ron Terpening
- Mr. Pettigrew by L. J. Martin
- Quiet Ops by Bob Burton with L. J. Martin
- Long Eyes and Other Stories by Jeff Carlson
- Behind the Walls by Merry Jones
- Asylum I: Shadows Wait by Denise A. Agnew
- Sovereign Order by James Macomber
ThrillerFest VIII – Register Today!
ThrillerFest VIII – July 10th – 13th, Grand Hyatt, NYC.
We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2013 ThrillerMaster: Anne Rice
- 2011 ThrillerMaster: R. L. Stine
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Connelly
- Spotlight Guest: T. Jefferson Parker
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Palmer
- 2013 Silver Bullet Award Recipient: Steve Berry
CraftFest — New York Times bestselling authors will share their secrets on the craft of writing.
AgentFest — The top agents and editors in the business will be on hand to hear your pitches.
ThrillerFest — Network with other writers and meet industry professionals at the fabulous panels. Special guests will be announced soon.
TO GET THE BEST DEAL, REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
To view some fabulous interviews from last year’s ThrillerFest, please visit NYC Media. Including interviews with David Morrell, Sandra Brown and many more!
Don’t forget to a few minutes and peruse the ThrillerFest VII photo slideshow compliments of Alan Jacobson.
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Here’s what’s in store for January!
- January 7 – 13: “Which authors have inspired you?” with Jennie Bentley, Derek J. Goodman, Robin Burcell, Toby Tate, Ashok Banker, Tace Baker, Rick Reed, William McCormick, Chris Allen, Judith Cutler, Sharon Alice Geyer and Amy Lignor
- January 14 – 20: “Why do stories matter?” with C.E. Lawrence, Amy Lignor, Derek J. Goodman, J. G. Faherty, James Grippando, Mike Befeler, Merry Jones, William McCormick, Chris Allen and Catherine Stovall
- January 21 – 27: “What’s your favorite thriller sub genre? Why?” with Ashok Banker, Vincent Zandri, Diane Kelly, Chris Allen and Amy Lignor
- January 28 – February 3: “How do you determine when a story is ready?” with Toby Tate, Vincent Zandri, Merry Jones, Chris Allen, Catherine Stovall, Judith Cutler, Melinda Leigh, Sharon Alice Geyer and Amy Lignor
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Lynette Thompson, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Lynette will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Silent Slaughter by C.E. Lawrence, Fatal Destiny by David DeLee, Runners by David DeLee, Make Your Story a Movie by John Robert Marlowe, Winter Break by Merry Jones, The Trouble with Charlie by Merry Jones, Dead of Winter by Lee Weeks, Speaking of Murder by Tace Baker and Indigo Awakening by Jordan Dane.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- August 21 – 27: “Could an accountant, librarian or nurse be a spy?” - August 20, 2017
- August 14 – 20: “If you could write in another genre, which one would that be?” - August 13, 2017
- August 7 – 13: “How many thrillers do you read each year?” - August 7, 2017