Read the stories that were in the August edition of The Big Thrill.
In this issue, we go in depth on the crafting of a quality thriller, starting with our cover subject, Simon Toyne. We also hear about the work of bestselling authors Karin Slaughter, Marcus Sakey, Sandra Brown, J.D. Trafford, and James Swallow.
In our column “Get It Right,” authors share their expertise, and we certainly have a treat for you this time, with Marcia Clark and Linda Fairstein talking about the art of the legal thriller. “Africa Scene” interviews Frank Owen, and in “International Thrills” we head to the Netherlands, and the work of Britta Bolt.
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Simon Toyne by Nancy Bilyeau
- Get It Right: Linda Fairstein and Marcia Clark on the Legal Sphere by John Valeri
- International Thrills: Britta Bolt by David Swatling
- Africa Scene: Frank Owen by Michael Sears
- Up Close: Sandra Brown by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Jon Land by J.H. Bográn
- Up Close: Karin Slaughter by April Snellings
- Up Close: James Swallow by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Marcus Sakey by Dawn Ius
- Hook’s Tale by John Leonard Pielmeier
- The Art of Fear by Pamela Crane
- Valley of Dry Bon’z by Terry A. del Bene & Stoney Livingstone
- A Song for Chloe by Bob Bickford
- Open the Door by Diana Deverell
- Little Boy Lost by J. D. Trafford
- Polo’s Long Shot by Jerry Kennealy
- The Woods by Amanda McKinney
- Bad Apple by Barry W. Ozeroff
- Fatal Forgeries by Ritter Ames
- The Dispensable Wife by AB Plum
- The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond
- Every Day Above Ground by Glen Erik Hamilton
- Blood Trails by Michael A. Black
- All Signs Point to Murder by Connie Di Marco
- The Last Girl by Danny Lopez
- The Devil’s Colony by Bill Schweigart
- Calling Down the Lightning by Maynard Sims
- Call of Fire by Beth Cato
- Unquiet Ghosts by Glenn Meade
- South of Cincinnati by Jonathan Ashley
- Storm Shelter by J. L. Delozier
- Murder in Saint-Germain by Cara Black
- The Driver by Hart Hanson
- What The Dead Leave Behind by David Housewright
- Love at First Crepe by Heidi Renee Mason
- A Merciful Truth by Kendra Elliot
- The Black Kachina by Jack Getze
- Carolina Crimes: 21 Tales of Need, Greed and Dirty Deeds by Nora Gaskin Esthimer
- Among the Dead by J. R. Backlund
- Atticus by J. B. Manas
- The Boldest Measures by Charlie Flowers
- The Five Senses of Horror by Eric J. Guignard
- Exploring Dark Short Fiction by Eric J. Guignard
- The Punch Escrow by Tal M. Klein
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Sue Grafton, J. T. Ellison, Nelson DeMille, Mark Pryor, Debra Webb, Kyle Mills / Vince Flynn, Brad Abraham, Jeff Abbott, Jean Harrington, David McCaleb, Peter Tonkin, Susan Santangelo, Robert E. Dunn, Lisa Towles, Amy Rogers, Stephanie Gayle, Ronie Kendig, Lisa Marie Rice, Tony Knighton, Vaughn C. Hardacker and many more!
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Check out what’s in store for August. You won’t want to miss it!
August 7 – 13: “How many thrillers do you read each year? How do you choose from the vast selection?”
August 14 – 20: “If you could write in another genre, which one would that be?”
August 21 – 27: “Must spies be flexible – or career-specific? Or could an accountant, librarian or nurse be a spy?”
August 28 – September 3: “Books to movies: discuss the best thriller novel adaptions into movies.”
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J.H. Bográn.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Jeff Wrend, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Jeff will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Buried to Die by Ann Simas, Ruined Days by Guinotte Wise, Resume Speed by Guinotte Wise, Telling Tails by Sofie Ryan, Beyond Reason by Kat Martin, No Darker Place by Debra Webb and A Deeper Grave by Debra Webb.
All subscribers to The Big Thrill magazine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to The Big Thrill.
- The January 2021 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - December 31, 2020
- BookTrib Spotlight: Ashley Audrain - December 31, 2020
- AudioFile Spotlight: Favorite Crime Fiction Sidekicks - December 31, 2020