Read the stories that were featured in the April Big Thrill.
34 new thrillers this month from ITW members, including 1 from first-time author Brian O’Grady, plus news from South Africa, and a special report from Thriller Roundtable coordinator Dan Levy on how YOU can get involved!
Print the Big Thrill list and head on down to your favorite bookstore, or download your selections to your electronic e-reader, and enjoy a month’s worth of great reading from your friends at the International Thriller Writers.
Hot off the press:
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Special to The Big Thrill: ITW Roundtables: Get More Than You Give by Dan Levy
- News from South Africa by Mike Nicol
- The Fallen Angel by David Hewson
- Hybrid by Brian O’Grady
- Threshold by Jeremy Robinson
- Afraid of the Dark by James Grippando
- The Trial by Larry D. Thompson
- In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane
- Bulletproof Hearts by Kay Thomas
- Killer Routine by Alan Orloff
- The Silenced by Brett Battles
- The Last of the Good Guys by Ernesto Patino
- Grey Zone by Clea Simon
- Dogs Don’t Lie by Clea Simon
- Xombies: Apocalypso by Walter Greatshell
- The Medusa Amulet by Robert Masello
- Running on Empty by Sandra Balzo
- In Desperation by Rick Mofina
- Hitched and Hunted by Paula Graves
- Deadly Dreams by Kylie Brant
- Death by Misfortune by AM Riley
- Rebuild My World by Cheryl Norman
- A Hard Death by Jonathan Hayes
- Diagnosis Death by Richard L Mabry, MD
- Winged Obsession by Jessica Speart
- Missing by Debra Webb
- Lessons in Trust by Charlie Cochrane
- Come and Find Me by Hallie Ephron
- Against the Law by Kat Martin
- The Shadow Guard by Diane Whiteside
- Night on Fire by Douglas Corleone
- Targeted by John M. Wills
- Deadworld by J.N. Duncan
- Hollywood is an All-Volunteer Army: The Second Fixxer Adventure by Steven Paul Leiva
- Prostitution in the Digital Age: Selling Sex from the Suite to the Street by R. Barri Flowers
- THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN: Communist and Left-Wing Ideology in Hollywood, 1929-2009 by Bob Herzberg
.Coming Next Month
Coming next month: the latest thrillers from Steve Berry, H.W. “Buzz” Bernard, Nancy Naigle, James Jaros, Thomas Perry, Lynn Sheene, Dorothy St. James, Avery Aames, Debra Webb, Shaun Jeffrey, Heywood Gould, Deborah Shlian and Linda Reid, Eric Van Lustbader, Fred Lichtenberg, Anna DeStefano, JL Merrow and more. It’s gonna be a thriller!
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the THRILLER ROUNDTABLE discussions at the Big Thrill website, where each week, a new group of authors discuss what inspires them, who their favorite hero characters are, what advice they’d offer the next generation of thriller authors, and more. Here’s April’s schedule:
Week of March 28 – April 3: “Dialogue can be tricky, as the author has to give each character a unique voice that is also distinct from his or her own. How do you do it?” with Lee Child, Jon Land, Joseph Flynn, Jim Duncan, James Scott Bell, Heywood Gould, Lee Goldberg
Week of April 4 – 10: “Story, character, dialogue and setting cliches–love them or hate them” with Tracy March, Adrienne Giordano, Julie Hyzy, Nancy Naigle, Tracey Devlyn, Jeff Sheratt
Week of April 11 – 17: “What can thriller writers learn from the movies?” – Neil Plakcy, Charlie Cochrane, AM Riley, Shane Briant
Week of April 18 – 24: “Research. How much is enough? How do you know which facts to include and which to leave out?” – Watch The Big Thrill website for the list of participating authors
Week of April 25 – May 1: “What’s the single most important thing your agent does for you?” – Watch The Big Thrill website for the list of participating authors
Congratulations to William Whitson, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. William will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Live Wire by Harlan Coben, The Profession by Steven Pressfield, Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons by Blaize Clement, The Shadow Guard by Diane Whiteside, The Water Rat of Wanchai by Ian Hamilton, Vegas Knights by Matt Forbeck, Amortals by Matt Forbeck, The Last of the Good Guys by Ernesto Patino, Against the Law by Kat Martin, Beaglemania by Linda O. Johnston, The Gallows Curse by Karen Maitland, The Blackhouse by Peter May, The Shepherd by Ethan Cross, Ashes of the Red Heifer by Shannon Baker, Free Range Institution by Michael Haskins.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
- Ken Follett to teach at CraftFest.
- Karin Slaughter to be awarded the 2011 Silver Bullet Award for her “Save the Libraries” program.
- Joe McGinniss to receive the ITW True Thriller Award.
- AgentFest to be the largest event of its kind in the world! Over 55 agents will join us this year!
ThrillerFest VI is less than 4 months away!
Joining us are 2011 ThrillerMaster R. L. Stine, 2010 ThrillerMaster Ken Follett, and Spotlight Authors Diana Gabaldon, John Lescroart, and Robert Crais.
We’re back at the Grand Hyatt in New York City from July 6-9th, 2011.
We’ve got a terrific room rate at the Grand Hyatt of only $209.00 per night!! This room block is selling out, so make your reservations right away to ensure that you get this fabulous room rate. (You must be registered with the conference to receive this hotel room rate.)
Just call: 1-888-421-1442 to make a room reservation, or click on the link at www.ThrillerFest.com
Time is running out. Register now: www.ThrillerFest.com