We’re falling into the season with hot new titles from some of the genre’s best. Prolific duo Brian Andrews and Jeffrey Wilson dish on the first book in a new series, April Snellings goes “dark” with horror author Catriona Ward, and Tori Eldridge shares what’s next for her Chinese-Norwegian ninja. In this month’s Africa Scene, Michael Sears chats with Femi Kayode, Neil Nyren gets the scoop on Amanda Jayatissa’s highly anticipated thriller MY SWEET GIRL, and we get Up Close with Hank Phillippi Ryan, Megan Collins, Matthew Fitzsimmons, and more than 25 writers of thriller, mystery, and suspense. The September issue of The Big Thrill is live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Andrews & Wilson by José H. Bográn
- On the Cover: Rachel Howzell Hall by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Ian Rankin and William McIlvanney by Rick Pullen
- Up Close: Hank Phillippi Ryan by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Stephen Graham Jones by April Snellings
- Up Close: Megan Collins by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Isabella Maldonado by Millie Naylor Hast
- Africa Scene: Femi Kayode by Michael Sears
- Up Close: Karen Hugg by Jaden Terrell
- Up Close: Catriona Ward by April Snellings
- On the Cover: Vera Kurian by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: William Nikkel by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: Tori Eldridge by Dawn Ius
- BookTrib Spotlight: Amanda Jayatissa by Neil Nyren
- Up Close: Lynette Eason by E.M. Powell
- Up Close: Matthew Fitzsimmons by Adam Meyer
- Up Close: Diana Rodriguez Wallach by April Snellings
- AudioFile Spotlight: Talking with Author Louise Penny by Aurelia C. Scott
- Strangers’ Kingdom by Brandon Barrows
- Dark and Shallow Lies by Ginny Myers Sain
- Drunk on Blood by Fred Zackel
- Arctic Meltdown by Geza P. Tatrallyay
- Flat Black Ford by J.D. Allen
- Death and Sensibility by Elizabeth Blake
- Dead Letters by Sheila Lowe
- The Maya Bust by E. Chris Ambrose
- Bad Medicine by James B. Cohoon
- Redemption by Traci Hunter Abramson
- The Killer in Me by Winter Austin
- Nice Girls by Catherine Dang
- Trace of Doubt by DiAnn Mills
- Deadly Summer Nights by Vicki Delany
- Over the Falls by Rebecca Hodge
- Road of Bones by James R. Benn
- I Play One On TV by Alan Orloff
- Getaway by Zoje Stage
- The Disruptors by Colleen Winter
- Pollock No. 5 by Todd J. Cohen MD
- The Fragile Edge by Suzanne Chazin
- The Necklace by Matt Witten
- Watch for Me by Martin Bodenham
- Traitors by Alex Shaw
- Steel Fear by Brandon Webb & John David Mann
- Mr. Simpson and Other Short Stories by Stephen Maitland-Lewis
- Swindler’s Revenge by Ellen Butler
Introducing ITW’s First Chapters Program
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Rachel Harrison, D.P. Lyle, Kat Rosenfield, Anthony Horowitz, Jonathan and Jesse Kellerman, Anne Perry, Lori Rader-Day, Tara Laskowski, Romy Hausmann, Nicholas Kaufmann, Kyle Mills, Steven Savile & J.H. Bográn, Lee Matthew Goldberg, Charles Lichtman, Alverne Ball, Alex Schulman, William Lashner, Jean Rabe and Donald J. Bingle, Aaron Philip Clark, Daniella Bernett, Kia D. Richards, Traci Hunter Abramson, Sian Ann Bessey, Paige Edwards, A.L. Sowards, Kate Lansing, James Stejskal, Joan Havelange and many more!
ITW’s Eighth Annual Online Thriller School
Learn from the Masters:
Ten Weeks of Intensive Craft Lessons
Includes a Bonus “Ask Me Anything” Panel!
Join Liv Constantine, Jeffery Deaver, Lisa Gardner, Alexia Gordon, Adam Hamdy, Cate Holahan, Anthony Horowitz, Steven James, Tosca Lee, Jaime Levine, David Morrell, Samuel Octavius, Alex Segura, and Jerri Williams.
In this TEN-week program, which begins September 14, 2021, the craft of thriller writing will be front and center. Each instructor will teach an aspect of craft during a two-hour Live Zoom session, will provide written materials for further reading along with study suggestions, and will offer an entire week of online Q&A with the registered students. The goal is simple: To make each student a better writer.
Attendance is limited, and we sold out last year, so please register today!
Registration for the ten-week online course is $495.
The talented instructors will delve into the following topics: Pacing, World Building, Building Suspense, Villains–Beyond the Cardboard Cutout, How to Edit Like a Pro, Creating Depth of Character, The G-Woman: An Insider’s Look at the FBI, How to Write a Killer Twist, Creating Realistic Dialogue, and Developing and Honing Your Voice
Bonus Panel: “Ask me Anything” with Alexia Gordon, David Morrell & Alex Segura – Moderated by Samuel Octavius
ThrillerFest XVII – Early Bird Registration is Open!
Sheraton Times Square
May 31 – June 4, 2022
2022 ThrillerMaster Diana Gabaldon
2022 Spotlight Guest Alafair Burke
2022 Spotlight Guest Joseph Finder
2022 Spotlight Guest Veronica Roth
2022 Thriller Legend Writers House
2022 ThrillerFans Rosie Stroy and Theresa Lee