Overnight success is rare in the publishing world—more often it requires years of persistence, patience, practice. It’s about playing the long game, says this month’s Between the Lines author, J.D. Barker. In this issue of The Big Thrill, genre greats like David Baldacci, Cate Holahan, Elizabeth Goddard, and Paula Munier share insight into what it takes to find writing success, debut authors Debbie Babitt, Kris Calvin, and Jessica Hamilton give us a glimpse into their publishing journey, and Larysa Rychkova provides an exclusive look at her new thriller as part of ITW’s First Chapters program. Africa Scene takes us to Kwei Quartey’s latest novel, and we get up close with Elle Marr, Adele Parks, Clay McLeod Chapman, Wendy Heard and dozens more writers who are chasing their publishing dreams. The April issue of The Big Thrill is live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: J.D. Barker by Adam Meyer
- On the Cover: Elle Marr by Jaden Terrell
- Up Close: David Baldacci by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Wendy Heard by April Snellings
- Debut Spotlight: Debbie Babitt by Angela Channell
- Up Close: Kris Calvin by E.M. Powell
- Up Close: Edward J. Leahy by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Clay McLeod Chapman by April Snellings
- Up Close: Paula Munier by Karen Hugg
- Up Close: Jason M. Hough by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Joshilyn Jackson by K.L. Romo
- Africa Scene: Kwei Quartey by Michael Sears
- Up Close: Adele Parks by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: S.A. Lelchuk by Austin S. Camacho
- BookTrib Spotlight: Bryan Christy by Neil Nyren
- On the Cover: Cate Holahan by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Stu Jones and Gareth Worthington by José H. Bográn
- Debut Spotlight: Jessica Hamilton by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: Harlan Coben by Rick Pullen
- AudioFile Spotlight: The 2021 Audie Awards
- A Clash of Forces by Larysa Rychkova
- Fresh Brewed Murder by Emmeline Duncan
- Present Danger by Elizabeth Goddard
- Chinook by M.L. Buchman
- Bitterroot Lake by Alicia Beckman
- Last Blast by Glenn A. Bruce
- The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin
- Where the Wicked Tread by John A. Connell
- Eagles Over Britain by Lee Jackson
- The Blessed Bones by Kathryn Casey
- The Little Grave by Carolyn Arnold
- Your Turn to Suffer by Tim Waggoner
- Blackout by Marco Carocari
- Fatal Conceit by John Ritter
- The Mirrored Palace by David Rich
- One by Eric J. Gates
- Following You by Eva Lesko Natiello
- The Ice Daughters by D.E White
- Murder on the Island by Daisy White
- The Apologist by A.A. Weiss
- Network of Deceit by Tom Threadgill
Introducing ITW’s First Chapters Program
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Mary Kubica, Linwood Barclay, Catherine McKenzie, Carter Wilson, Kaira Rouda, Lara Bazelon, Mary Keliikoa, Jake Tapper, R.G. Belsky, Dale Brown, Chris Bohjalian, Brian Silverman, David Yoon, Stephen Hunter, Anne Tibbets, Mia P. Manansala, Jaime Lynn Hendricks, May Cobb, Carole Johnstone, Demetra Brodsky, S.M. Freedman, Amy Suiter Clarke, Becky Clark, Brian Klingborg, Belle Ami, Donis Casey, Elizabeth Heiter, Chris Lloyd, Melissa Koslin and many more!
Virtual ThrillerFest XVI – Registration Is Open!
Due to continuing pandemic concerns, the conference will be held online from June 28th to July 9th, 2021. The health and safety of our attendees is our top priority.
We had such a successful event last July that we decided to hold another virtual conference, allowing our attendees to remain safe in the comfort of their homes yet still participate in the learning and camaraderie that is the hallmark of the annual conference of the International Thriller Writers.
There will be no travel, no hotel stay, but we are recruiting an extensive group of bestselling ITW authors who can help you polish your thrillers and top-drawer New York agents and editors to whom you can pitch—and all of that at attractive prices!
Visit ThrillerFest.com for more information including a list of our outstanding array of guests and publishing professionals. Our X-treme CraftFest (including CareerFest), Master Class, Pitching Sessions, and Consulting Sessions will all be offered this June 28th – July 9th, 2021.
This year’s event also includes:
- Free Debut Authors’ Presentation
- Free ITW Author Videos
- Free Thriller Awards Presentation
- Free Best First Sentence Contest.