The November 2020 Edition of The Big Thrill
Winter is coming—and so are the thrills. And we don’t just mean ITW’s upcoming Winter Thrills virtual event in January. This issue of The Big Thrill takes you behind the scenes to some of the genre’s hottest new releases, guaranteed to keep you entertained as you cozy up in anticipation of the cooler holiday season. Adam Meyer goes Between the Lines with the brilliant John Connolly to talk about his latest Charlie Parker novel, K.L. Romo reviews a spine-tingling new anthology edited by Jeffery Deaver, and J.H. Bográn talks to Boyd Morrison about closing the book on his Clive Cussler thrillers. Plus we get up close and personal with Lee and Andrew Child, Anthony Horowitz, Joe Clifford, Nicci French, E.M. Powell and dozens more. The November issue is live—and you can read it now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: John Connolly by Adam Meyer
- Winter Thrills! Have YOU Registered?
- On the Cover: Anthony Horowitz by J.H. Bográn
- Up Close: Nicci French by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Joe Clifford by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Daco Auffenorde by Robert Rotstein
- Africa Scene: Max Annas by Michael Sears
- Anthology Review: Nothing Good Happens After Midnight by K.L. Romo
- BookTrib Spotlight: Halley Sutton by Neil Nyren
- On the Cover: E.M. Powell by Angela Channel
- Up Close: Clive Cussler and Boyd Morrison by J.H. Bográn
- Up Close: Allison Brennan by Jaden Terrell
- Debut Spotlight: Smith Henderson and Jon Marc Smith by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Wendy Webb by Karen Hugg
- Up Close: Lee Child and Andrew Child by Rick Pullen
- International Thrills: James Swallow by Dawn Ius
- AudioFile Spotlight: 5 Questions with Narrator Johnny Heller
- Missing by Don Helin
- Percentages of Guilt by Michael Niemann
- Headstone’s Folly by Robert J. Randisi
- Trojan Horse by S. Lee Manning
- Murder in the Bayou Boneyard by Ellen Byron
- Blood Sisters by Dharma Kelleher
- Hit and Run by Amy Shojai
- Third Degree by Ross Klavan, Tim O’Mara, Charles Salzberg
- A Solitude of Wolverines by Alice Henderson
- Blood of the Sun by Dan Rabarts and Lee Murray
- Don’t Look In by Tom Saric
- Saving Grace: A Psychological Thriller by D.M. Barr
- Carrie Sue’s Dairy by Sandy Semerad
- By the Book by A.J. McCarthy
- Mistaken Identity by Michael W. Sherer
- Where There’s A Will: A Glass Dolphin Mystery by Judy Penz Sheluk
- The Escape by Lisa Harris
- Death Mask by Eric J. Gates
- Black Willows by Jill Hand
- Mimi Lee Reads Between the Lines by Jennifer J. Chow
- Absence of Mercy by S. M. Goodwin
- The Wrong Wicca by Ann Simas
- Red Death by Alan Jacobson
- Neptune’s Reckoning by Robert J. Stava
- Exploring Dark Short Fiction #5: A Primer to Han Song by Eric J. Guignard
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Andrew Shaffer, Marc Cameron, Caz Frear, Matt Coyle, Harriet Tyce, A.R. Torre, John Douglas, Sam J. Miller, Josie Brown, Colonel David Hunt & R.J. Pineiro, Sage Webb, Gareth Worthington, Tessa Wegert, Bharti Kirchner, Nick Kolakowski, Brian Thornton, Steven Jankowski, Colin Conway, and Frank Zafiro, Halley Sutton, Sidney Williams, Stephen Maitland-Lewis, David William Pearce, Jonathan Brown, Rhett C. Bruno, Cathi Stoler, Steven Paul Leiva, Laya V. Smith, Tom Crowley, and many more!
Join Us For Virtual Winter Thrills!
An exciting new opportunity from International Thriller Writers: Virtual Winter Thrills 2021! Take advantage of this chance to participate in Master Class, Practice PitchFest, and the brand new Thriller MBA!
There’s no travel, no hotel stay—but you can still hone your craft in small classes taught by ITW bestselling authors, you can learn to pitch your novel with confidence and get insider details on the business of writing from agents, editors, and marketing professionals, including a critique of your query letter.
Virtual Winter Thrills
January 11 – March 18, 2021
A Special Event for Thriller Enthusiasts.
Mega Virtual CraftFest
Missed this event? Mega Virtual CraftFest, including CareerFest, is available to you as a standalone purchase. This is the same event, same content, that was offered with great success during Virtual ThrillerFest XV (2020). If you purchased it earlier, you don’t need to register again now.
Mega Virtual CraftFest was part of Virtual ThrillerFest XV – 2020 during the July 6-14th online conference. We paired some of the best thriller writers in the world to discuss the craft of writing in a fabulous set of videos (Vimeo) available at registrants’ convenience. There were over 100 conversations featuring over 200 bestselling authors. See the amazing list of authors here. Mega Virtual CraftFest was very well received by registrants. They were able to enjoy fabulous videos from the safety and comfort of their homes, and you can too!
The unbeatable price for all of this valuable information: $149!
- No One Needs to Know by Lindsay Cameron - May 2, 2023
- The Comanche Code by Mike Pace - May 2, 2023
- The Right Road by Yvonne Rediger - May 2, 2023