The December 2020 Edition of The Big Thrill
Looking to add thrills to your holiday season? We’ve got just the ticket—page-turning hot new releases from some of the genre’s best. Dawn Ius goes Between the Lines with famous profiler John Douglas to get the scoop on a new non-fiction book about a chilling serial killer from the past that draws alarming parallels to the present. April Snellings looks at Christmas horror with a new novel from Andrew Shaffer guaranteed to make you think twice about your annual office gift exchange. And we get up close with Josie Brown, Matt Coyle, Caz Frear, Marc Cameron, Harriet Tyce, and dozens more authors whose novels will put an extra “chill” in the season. The December issue of The Big Thrill is live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: John Douglas by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Josie Brown by Angela Channell
- Up Close: A.R. Torre by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Andrew Shaffer by April Snellings
- Africa Scene: Maaza Mengiste by Michael Sears
- On the Cover: Caz Frear by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Matt Coyle by R.G. Belsky
- Up Close: Harriet Tyce by E.M. Powell
- Up Close: Marc Cameron by J.H. Bográn
- BookTrib Spotlight: Jasmine Aimaq by Neil Nyren
- Up Close: Sam J. Miller by April Snellings
- AudioFile Spotlight: The Best Mystery and Suspense Audiobooks for 2020
- Below the Line by Steven Jankowski
- Without Regret by Colonel David Hunt & R.J. Pineiro
- The Venturi Effect by Sage Webb
- Suicide Blonde by Brian Thornton
- Children of the Fifth Sun: Rubicon by Gareth Worthington
- The Dead Season by Tessa Wegert
- Code Four by Colin Conway and Frank Zafiro
- Rattlesnake Rodeo by Nick Kolakowski
- The Roach by Rhett C. Bruno
- Murder at Andaman by Bharti Kirchner
- The Lumbermill by Laya V. Smith
- Fool’s Run by Sidney Williams
- Duped by Stephen Maitland-Lewis
- Don’t Shoot the Drummer by Jonathan Brown
- Last Call: A Murder On The Rocks Mystery by Cathi Stoler
- Creature Feature: A Horrid Comedy by Steven Paul Leiva
- Too Many Women, Too Little Time by David William Pearce
- Bangkok Gamble by Tom Crowley
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Lee Goldberg, Jason Pinter, Ace Atkins, Faye Kellerman, Nick Petrie, Brad Taylor, Anders Rosland, Judy Melinek & TJ Mitchell, James Grippando, Michelle Falkoff, Robert McCaw, Gary McAvoy, Thomas Perry, Cara Reinard, D.B. Carew, Michael Jack Webb, Liese Sherwood-Fabre, Elizabeth Heiter, Priscilla Paton, Mike Krentz, Lynette Eason, Saralyn Richard, Debbie De Louise, Keith Dixon, Deven Greene, Sharon Doering, Erica Miner, Lisa de Nikolits and many more!
Join Us For Virtual Winter Thrills!
An exciting new opportunity from International Thriller Writers: Virtual Winter Thrills 2021! Take advantage of this chance to participate in Master Class, Practice PitchFest, and the brand new Thriller MBA!
There’s no travel, no hotel stay—but you can still hone your craft in small classes taught by ITW bestselling authors, you can learn to pitch your novel with confidence and get insider details on the business of writing from agents, editors, and marketing professionals, including a critique of your query letter.
Virtual Winter Thrills
January 11 – March 18, 2021
A Special Event for Thriller Enthusiasts.
ITW’s New Knowledge Portal
Write2Thrill.org is a knowledge portal created by ITW members for ITW members. There will be craft lessons, regular columns on publishing and marketing, and a corner just for Debut Authors. W2T is also the place to go to find archives of older articles of interest as well as Virtual Thrillerfest videos. Check out the Events section for Thriller Roundtables, Writing Contests, and other events. New content posted in all areas mid-month. Check us out at Write2Thrill.Org.
Mega Virtual CraftFest
Missed this event? Mega Virtual CraftFest, including CareerFest, is available to you as a standalone purchase. This is the same event, same content, that was offered with great success during Virtual ThrillerFest XV (2020). If you purchased it earlier, you don’t need to register again now.
Mega Virtual CraftFest was part of Virtual ThrillerFest XV – 2020 during the July 6-14th online conference. We paired some of the best thriller writers in the world to discuss the craft of writing in a fabulous set of videos (Vimeo) available at registrants’ convenience. There were over 100 conversations featuring over 200 bestselling authors. See the amazing list of authors here. Mega Virtual CraftFest was very well received by registrants. They were able to enjoy fabulous videos from the safety and comfort of their homes, and you can too!
The unbeatable price for all of this valuable information: $149!
The Big Thrill Book Giveaway
Congratulations to Pat H. and Theresa C., winners of our last The Big Thrill Book Giveaway!
They each received 10 signed thrillers from ITW members.
On December 11th we’ll draw two new winners, and one of them could be you!
Current and new subscribers welcome.
Face Off by Brenda Novak
The Weight of Blood by D.B. Carew
The Wrong Wicca by Ann Simas
The Vatican Conspiracy by Peter Hogenkamp
Murder LLC by Bryan Cassiday
Let Justice Descend by Lisa Black
Payback by Ronald S. Barak
The American Strangler by Robert M. Fleisher
Fractured Tide by Leslie Karen Lutz
Prey by L.A. Larkin
The Secrets You Keep by Kate White
American Ripper by Patrick Kendrick
Last Girls by Demetra Brodsky
Creature Feature by Steven Paul Leiva
Mad Dog by Dave Wickenden
Death by Diploma by Kelley Kaye
They All Fall Down by Rachel Howzell Hall
Top Producer by Laura Wolfe
Edinburgh Midnight by Carole Lawrence
Sirens of Memory by Puja Guha
- No One Needs to Know by Lindsay Cameron - May 2, 2023
- The Comanche Code by Mike Pace - May 2, 2023
- The Right Road by Yvonne Rediger - May 2, 2023