Read the stories that were featured in the June edition of The Big Thrill.
30 new thrillers this month from ITW Members including debut novels from Pamela Crane and Matthew Quirk, plus a special Between the Lines of Love is Murder by Julie Kramer and News From South Africa by Michael Sears.
Print the Big Thrill list and head on down to your favorite bookstore, or download your selections to your electronic e-reader, and enjoy a month’s worth of great reading from your friends at the International Thriller Writers.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Special to The Big Thrill: Between The Lines of Love Is Murder by Julie Kramer
- News From South Africa by Michael Sears
- Bloodline by James Rollins
- Hard Target by Alan Jacobson
- Tattooed by Pamela Callow
- The Conviction by Robert Dugoni
- Robert Ludlum’s The Bourne Imperative by Eric Van Lustbader
- The 500 by Matthew Quirk
- Darkness Becomes Her by Jaime Rush
- The Reckoning by Alma Katsu
- Diablo III: The Order by Nate Kenyon
- The Frenzy War by Gregory Lamberson
- Hurakan by Michael F. Stewart
- Blues Highway Blues by Eyre Price
- The Last Kind Words by Tom Piccirilli
- Blackwattle Creek by Geoffrey McGeachin
- Target: Tinos by Jeffrey Siger
- Death of a Second Wife by Maria Hudgins
- Murder Here, Murder There by R. Barri Flowers and Jan Grape, Editors Anthology
- The Last Trade by James Conway
- The Taken by Vicki Pettersson
- Spider’s Lullaby by James R. Tuck
- The Donors by Jeffrey Wilson
- City of Fiends by Michael Jecks
- Ice Fire by David Lyons
- In Her Blood by Annie Hauxwell
- Bloodman by Robert Pobi
- Permanence by Vincent Zandri
- The Halo Effect by Pamela Crane
- The Gemini Agenda, a Winston Churchill Thriller by Michael McMenamin & Patrick McMenamin
- The Eagle and the Snake by W. Craig Reed
- The Telling by Mike Duran
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Brad Thor, Linda Fairstein, Jon Land, Tom Young, Katia Lief, Kathryn Casey, Mark de Castrique, Norb Vonnegut, Francine Mathews, Allison Leotta, John Lutz, Bob Mayer, Kendra Elliot, Richard L. Hatin, John Verdon, Ken Pelham, Jesse Kellerman, Lisa Unger, Alafair Burke, Sophie Littlefield, Meg Gardiner and many more! It’s gonna be a thriller!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- Sex, Death and Moist Towelettes by Jordan Dane
- Hell’s Fury by PD Martin
- Negotiating Point by Adrienne Giordano
- Three to the Heart by Rick Mofina
- Secrets of the Cold War by Leland C. McCaslin
- Fatal Distraction by Diane Capri
- The Man on the Istanbul Train by Maria Hudgins
- The Monet Murders by Jean Harrington
- The Camel’s Child by William Barnwell
- Solomon vs. Lord by Paul Levine
- Illegal by Paul Levine
- Lassiter by Paul Levine
- Black Ops: Olympics by Matt Lynn
- Double Barrel: Season One by Grey West
- Kingdom by Anderson O’Donnell
- I, Judas The 5th Gospel by Bob Mayer
- Pushed Too Far by Ann Voss Peterson
- The Dark Before Dawn by Laurie Stevens
- Last Seen Missing by JS Bradford
- Skin by Patricia Rosemoor
- Saving Hope by Liese Sherwood-Fabre
LOVE IS MURDER Anthology Available Today!
Prepare for heart-racing suspense in this original collection by thirty of the hottest bestselling authors and new voices writing romance suspense today.
Go on vacation with Allison Brennan’s Lucy Kincaid, where she saves a man from drowning, only to discover he is in far greater danger on land. Meet Roxanne St. Claire’s “bullet catcher”–bodyguard Donovan Rush–who may have met his match in the sexually charged “Diamond Drop.” Debut author William Simon shows us what happens when the granddaughter of the president of the United States is kidnapped. And Lee Child’s pitch-perfect “I Heard a Romantic Story” puts a whole new spin on Love Is Murder.
Bodyguards, vigilantes, stalkers, serial killers, women (and men!) in jeopardy, cops, thieves, PIs, killers–these all-new stories will keep you thrilled and chilled late into the night.
LOVE IS MURDER is the third Thriller anthology written exclusively by members of International Thriller Writers, Inc. With original short stories from Lori Armstrong, Jeff Ayers, Beverly Barton, William Bernhardt, Allison Brennan, Robert Browne, Pamela Callow, Toni McGee Causey, Lee Child, JT Ellison, Bill Floyd, Cindy Gerard, Heather Graham, Laura Griffin, Vicki Hinze, Andrea Kane, Julie Kenner, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dianna Love, Jon Land, D.P. Lyle, James Macomber, Carla Neggers, Brenda Novak, Patricia Rosemoor, William Simon, Alexandra Sokoloff, Roxanne St. Claire, Mariah Stewart, and Debra Webb, you won’t want to miss this!
Praise for the Thriller anthologies:
“A slam-dunk collection of the best in the business.” Steve Berry, New York Times bestselling author
“For romantic suspense lovers, this is magical mayhem loaded with bark and bite. Downright beguiling.” Jeffery Deaver, International #1 bestselling author
“It’s like a box of chocolates–each one is different, but they’re all great.” Joseph Finder, New York Times bestselling author
“An absolute must-buy for thriller readers everywhere.” Lisa Gardner, #1 New York Times bestselling author
“I love this book and you will, too.” Tess Gerritsen, International bestselling author
“Absolutely superb.” Doug Preston, New York Times bestselling author
“Gripping, exciting, engaging–every story will leave you breathless.” Karin Slaughter, #1 Internationally bestselling author
Why Is Ann Rule Coming To ThrillerFest?
We’ll let Ann answer that: “I love to meet my fans. Writing is such a lonely occupation, and conferences like this one are the only time I get to meet people who’ve enjoyed my books. For me, that’s a real treat.”
Ann also took time to describe her favorite conference moments: “My favorite moments are when someone comes up to me and says: ‘You saved me life!’ Maybe they read something about the safety precautions I describe in a book. Women have told me that they read Too Late To Say Goodbye or Every Breath You Take and that their fiance was exactly like the murderers Barton Corbin or Allen Blackthorne. They’ll tell me: ‘I almost walked into a really bad situation but I broke up with the guy just in time.’ That’s happened to me about three dozen times.”
ThrillerFest VII — THE #1 conference for thriller authors and fans. July 11 – 14 at the Grand Hyatt in New York. Ann Rule will be there – will you?
ThrillerFest VII Registration Is Open!
- 2012 ThrillerMaster Jack Higgins
- 2011 ThrillerMaster R.L. Stine
- Spotlight Guest Lee Child
- Spotlight Guest John Sandford
- Spotlight Guest Catherine Coulter
- 2012 True Crime Award Recipient Ann Rule
- 2012 Silver Bullet Award Recipient Richard North Patterson
- 2011 Silver Bullet Award Recipient Karin Slaughter
We have something for everyone, whether you’re an aspiring author, a fan, an industry professional, or an ITW author. Some of the highlights include:
CraftFest: This section of the conference is ideal if you’re looking to hone your writing skills. Every year, CraftFest is growing in numbers and spaces are limited. If you are keen on hearing the writing secrets of NYT bestsellers, please sign up soon so you don’t miss out.
AgentFest: If you’d like to pitch your novel to the best literary agents in the business, this is the event for you. Last year, we had over 60 agents attending AgentFest. So far, we have had five people sign with top agencies. Their success stories will be posted on the website shortly.
ThrillerFest: This year, we’ll have counterterrorism expert David Major joining us to share his experiences of working at The White House and the FBI. For more information on David, please visit www.cicentre.com.
Banquet: Please join us at the annual Saturday night banquet for the presentation of the Thriller Awards and other entertainment.
Volunteers are an integral part of the ThrillerFest experience. We couldn’t do it without you. If you would like to assist us, please send an email to email@example.com. Volunteering is a great way to meet people and get involved in ITW.
Please drop by the new ThrillerFest Facebook page and say hello! Then “like” us, and help spread the word!
Your ThrillerFest team is looking forward to a fun and memorable year. If we can answer any questions or help out in any way, please touch base anytime. We look forward to seeing you next July 11-14 in NYC!
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
The Thriller Roundtable
Back by popular demand, The Thriller Roundtable! A big thanks to ITW’s new Roundtable Coordinator, J. H. Bográn for his help, tireless effort and infectious enthusiasm in running one of TheBigThrill’s most popular features.
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more. In June we’ll discuss everything from new media and its effect on readers to high stakes, large-canvas thrillers vs. intimate thrills. You won’t want to miss it!
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Linda Bass, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Linda will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including The Dark Before Dawn by Laurie Stevens, A Human Element by Donna Galanti, The Halo Effect by Pamela Crane, A Dark and Broken Heart by R.J. Ellory, Robert Ludlum’s The Bourne Imperative by Eric Van Lustbader, plus a bonus copy of First Thrills!
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
- The January 2021 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - December 31, 2020
- BookTrib Spotlight: Ashley Audrain - December 31, 2020
- AudioFile Spotlight: Favorite Crime Fiction Sidekicks - December 31, 2020