As virtual ThrillerFest kicks off, so too does Hot Book Summer—and in this issue of The Big Thrill we cover some of this season’s most anticipated sizzlers. Dawn Ius goes Between the Lines with S.A. Cosby to talk about his astonishing follow-up to last year’s breakout thriller, Blacktop Wasteland, April Snellings chats with Tracy Clark about mining character gold, Esme Addison shares insight into her world-building, and Karin Slaughter talks about how the pandemic shaped what could be her most compelling thriller yet. Plus, we get up close with Kathy Reichs, Liv Constantine, Riley Sager, Spencer Quinn, and many more authors of bestselling mystery and suspense. The July issue of The Big Thrill is live now—and it’s hot!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: S.A. Cosby by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Tracy Clark by April Snellings
- Up Close: Liv Constantine by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Spencer Quinn by Karen Hugg
- Up Close: Riley Sager by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Esme Addison by Jaden Terrell
- Up Close: Louise Candlish by E.M. Powell
- Up Close: Grady Hendrix by April Snellings
- Up Close: Kathy Reichs by Dawn Ius
- International Thrills: Greg Buchanan by Angela Channell
- Up Close: Karin Slaughter by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Hilary Davidson by Rick Pullen
- Up Close: Jeff Abbott by José H. Bográn
- On the Cover: Tom Lin by Charles Salzberg
- Up Close: Laura McHugh by April Snellings
- Up Close: Carol Goodman by K.L. Romo
- BookTrib Spotlight: Willa C. Richards by Neil Nyren
- Up Close: A. R. Torre by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: David Bell by P.J. Bodnar
- AudioFile Spotlight: Audio Gifts from the Golden Voices to Mystery and Suspense Fans by Ellen Quint
- A Still and Awful Red by Michael Howarth
- Man on Fire by Humphrey Hawksley
- Premonition by Wendy Whitman
- The Constant Man by Peter Steiner
- K-9 Hideout by Elizabeth Heiter
- Time’s Relative by Debbie De Louise
- The Parting Glass by Lissa Marie Redmond
- When Heroes Flew: The Shangri-La Raiders by H. W. “Buzz” Bernard
- Lure the Lie by Cat Connor
- Sons of Valor by Brian Andrews and Jeff Wilson
- The Wrong Words by Yvonne Rediger
- The Chase by Lisa Harris
- One Kingdom Under Heaven by Alastair Luft
- Draw and Order by Cheryl Hollon
- Moonlight & Misadventure: 20 Stories of Mystery & Suspense edited by Judy Penz Sheluk
- A Darker Place by Rachel Amphlett
- Killing Icarus by Paul Kemprecos
- With Neighbors Like These by Linda Lovely
- Synchronicity by Michaelbrent Collings
- The Keepers by Jeffrey B. Burton
- The Witching of the King by Greg Hoover
- White Rabbit Hop by Bob Bickford
Introducing ITW’s First Chapters Program
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Megan Abbott, Seraphina Nova Glass, Sandra Brown, Joy Fielding, Catherine Coulter, Pamela Crane, LaTanya McQueen, Richard Chizmar, Brian Freeman, Kate Myles, Amber Garza, Robyn Harding, Steven Tingle, Catherine Ryan Howard, James Swallow, Megan Collins, Eric Roberts & Lis Rohm, Brad Parks, Melissa Larsen, Sarah Warburton, and many more!
ITW’s Eighth Annual Online Thriller School
Learn from the Masters:
Ten Weeks of Intensive Craft Lessons
Includes a Bonus “Ask Me Anything” Panel!
Join Liv Constantine, Jeffery Deaver, Lisa Gardner, Alexia Gordon, Adam Hamdy, Cate Holahan, Anthony Horowitz, Steven James, Tosca Lee, Jaime Levine, David Morrell, Samuel Octavius, Alex Segura, and Jerri Williams.
In this TEN-week program, which begins September 14, 2021, the craft of thriller writing will be front and center. Each instructor will teach an aspect of craft during a two-hour Live Zoom session, will provide written materials for further reading along with study suggestions, and will offer an entire week of online Q&A with the registered students. The goal is simple: To make each student a better writer.
Attendance is limited, and we sold out last year, so please register today!
Registration for the ten-week online course is $495.
The talented instructors will delve into the following topics: Pacing, World Building, Building Suspense, Villains–Beyond the Cardboard Cutout, How to Edit Like a Pro, Creating Depth of Character, The G-Woman: An Insider’s Look at the FBI, How to Write a Killer Twist, Creating Realistic Dialogue, and Developing and Honing Your Voice
Bonus Panel: “Ask me Anything” with Alexia Gordon, David Morrell & Alex Segura – Moderated by Samuel Octavius
ThrillerFest XVII – Coming Soon!
May 31 – June 4, 2022
Sheraton Times Square
REGISTRATION COMING SOON!