As the world slowly emerges from its 18-month period of isolation, bookstores are on top of every reader’s “must visit” list—and with good reason. June is chock full of great new releases, and in this issue of The Big Thrill we’ve interviewed almost 50 authors of them. Whether it’s learning about a new collaboration effort from acclaimed authors Tess Gerritsen and Gary Braver, exploring the short story format with Lisa Unger, discussing the intensity of P.J. Vernon’s BATH HAUS, or catching up with some of your genre favorites, we promise a thrilling read. The June issue of The Big Thrill is live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Tess Gerritsen and Gary Braver by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: P.J. Vernon by April Snellings
- Up Close: Laura Lippman by R.G. Belsky
- Up Close: Clare Mackintosh by Karen Hugg
- Up Close: Taylor Adams by José H. Bográn
- On the Cover: Maureen Johnson by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Brian Pinkerton by Austin S. Camacho
- Up Close: Hannah Mary McKinnon by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Dolores Redondo by E.M. Powell
- BookTrib Spotlight: Rebecca Starford by Neil Nyren
- Up Close: Kate White by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Don Bentley by José H. Bográn
- Up Close: Susan Elia MacNeal by Esme Addison
- On the Cover: Daryl Gregory by April Snellings
- Up Close: Lisa Unger by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: David Housewright by Angela Channell
- Up Close: Nicci French by K.L. Romo
- Africa Scene: Mike Nicol by Michael Sears
- Up Close: George Ebey by Tim O’Mara
- Up Close: Eric Van Lustbader by Don Helin
- AudioFile Spotlight: Five Questions with Marin Ireland
- That Was Before by Dan Lawton
- Furious: Sailing into Terror by Jeffrey James Higgins
- Stolen Daughters by Carolyn Arnold
- Murder in a Scottish Garden by Traci Hall
- The File on Thomas Marks by Bentley Turner
- Faux Friends by A.J. McCarthy
- The Writer’s Tool Box by Daniel C. Lorti
- In Harm’s Way by Traci Hunter Abramson
- Dead Ground by M.W. Craven
- Hold Back The Night by Sean Lynch
- The Magdalene Veil by Gary McAvoy
- Four Cuts Too Many by Debra H. Goldstein
- High Country Justice by Nik James
- Divided States by Rick Treon
- His Own Devices by Douglas Wynne
- The Vatican Secret by Peter Hogenkamp
- The Corpse with the Iron Will by Cathy Ace
- Run or Don’t by Ann Simas
- DCI Warren Jones 7: Out Of Sight by Paul Gitsham
- A Dead Man’s Eyes by Lori Duffy Foster
- Confess to Me by Sharon Doering
- Black Hills Reckoning by Jesse James Kennedy
- Agent Red- Fatal Crime by Ava S. King
- A Flood of Posies by Tiffany Meuret
- The Hunted Girls by Jenna Kernan
- Knitty Gritty Murder by Peggy Ehrhart
- Insurrection by Tom Combs
- Blood From A Stone by David M. Salkin
Introducing ITW’s First Chapters Program
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Kathy Reichs, S.A. Crosby, Liv Constantine, Karin Slaughter, Louise Candlish, Carol Goodman, Brad Parks, Esme Addison, Tracy Clark, Hilary Davidson, Riley Sager, David Bell, A.R. Torre, Laura McHugh, Greg Buchanan, Jeff Abbott, Specer Quinn, Ton Lin, Melissa Larsen, Humphrey Hawksley, Wendy Whitman, Elizabeth Heiter, Debbie De Louise, Michael Howarth, Cat Connor, Yvonne Rediger, Lissa Marie Redmond, Peter Steiner and many more!
ITW’s Eighth Annual Online Thriller School
Learn from the Masters:
Ten Weeks of Intensive Craft Lessons
Includes a Bonus “Ask Me Anything” Panel!
Join Liv Constantine, Jeffery Deaver, Lisa Gardner, Alexia Gordon, Adam Hamdy, Cate Holahan, Anthony Horowitz, Steven James, Tosca Lee, Jaime Levine, David Morrell, Samuel Octavius, Alex Segura, and Jerri Williams.
In this TEN-week program, which begins September 14, 2021, the craft of thriller writing will be front and center. Each instructor will teach an aspect of craft during a two-hour Live Zoom session, will provide written materials for further reading along with study suggestions, and will offer an entire week of online Q&A with the registered students. The goal is simple: To make each student a better writer.
Attendance is limited, and we sold out last year, so please register today!
Registration for the ten-week online course is $495.
The talented instructors will delve into the following topics: Pacing, World Building, Building Suspense, Villains – Beyond the Cardboard Cutout, How to Edit Like a Pro, Creating Depth of Character, The G-Woman: An Insider’s Look at the FBI, How to Write a Killer Twist, Creating Realistic Dialogue, and Developing and Honing Your Voice
Bonus Panel: “Ask me Anything” with Alexia Gordon, David Morrell & Alex Segura – Moderated by Samuel Octavius
Virtual ThrillerFest XVI – Register Today!
Register Today for Virtual ThrillerFest XVI!
We had such a successful event last July that we decided to host another virtual conference this summer. Our attendees can remain safe in the comfort of their homes, yet still participate in the learning and camaraderie that is the hallmark of the annual event of the International Thriller Writers.
We have an extensive group of bestselling ITW authors who can help you polish your thrillers and top drawer New York agents and editors to whom you can pitch.
Take advantage of this opportunity to participate in Master Class, X-Treme CraftFest, PitchFest, and ConsultFest. Visit ThrillerFest.com for more information including a list of our outstanding array of guests and publishing professionals.
This year’s event also includes:
- Free Debut Authors’ Presentation
- Free ITW Author Videos
- Free Thriller Awards Presentation
- Free Best First Sentence Contest.