Happy New Year! We’re kicking off 2021 with hot new books from more than 30 thriller, mystery, and suspense writers. Take a SPIN with bestselling author Patricia Cornwell in this Between the Lines feature by Dawn Ius, go on the hunt for missing persons with Lisa Gardner, or dive into a new Rachel Marin thriller with Jason Pinter’s A STRANGER AT THE DOOR. Plus, April Snellings talks to Chris Hauty about writing a political book without being political, E.M. Powell and Faye Kellerman chat about keeping characters fresh in a long-standing series, Neil Nyren gets the scoop on a scorching new thriller from Ashley Audrain, and we get Up Close with genre superstars like James Grippando, Ace Atkins, Preston and Child, and many more! Go ahead and kick 2020 to the curb—the explosive January 2021 issue of The Big Thrill is live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Patricia Cornwell by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Jason Pinter by Josie Brown
- Up Close: Judy Melinek & T.J. Mitchell by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Faye Kellerman by E.M. Powell
- BookTrib Spotlight: Ashley Audrain by Neil Nyren
- On the Cover: Lisa Gardner by R.G. Belsky
- Up Close: Anders Roslund by Angela Channell
- Up Close: Nick Petrie by J.H. Bográn
- Africa Scene: Natalie Conyer by Joanne Hichens
- On the Cover: Chris Hauty by April Snellings
- Up Close: James Grippando by Austin S. Camacho
- Up Close: Ace Atkins by R.G. Belsky
- AudioFile Spotlight: Favorite Crime Fiction Sidekicks by Ellen Quint
- Up Close: Preston and Child by J.H. Bográn
- Up Close: Lee Goldberg by Josie Brown
- Eddie’s Boy by Thomas Perry
- How to Pack for the End of the World by Michelle Falkoff
- The Magdalene Reliquary by Gary McAvoy
- Sweet Water by Cara Reinard
- The Life and Times of Sherlock Holmes: Essays on Victorian England, Volume 3 by Liese Sherwood-Fabre
- The Weight of Blood by D.B. Carew
- Alaska Mountain Rescue by Elizabeth Heiter
- Death of a Messenger by Robert McCaw
- Should Grace Fail by Priscilla Paton
- Dead Already by Mike Krentz
- Ghost by Michael Jack Webb
- Active Defense by Lynette Eason
- A Murder of Principal by Saralyn Richard
- The Two Fathers by Keith Dixon
- No Gravestone Unturned by Debbie De Louise
- Unnatural, Erica Rosen MD Trilogy: Book 1 by Deven Greene
- She Lies Close by Sharon Doering
- The Rage Room by Lisa de Nikolits
- Staged for Murder by Erica Miner
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Walter Mosley, Jon Land, C.J. Tudor, Luanne Rice, Joe Ide, Michael Koryta, Joshua Hood, Gregg Hurwitz, Elle Cosimano, Paul Vidich, Charles Todd, Jonathan Kellerman, Alison Wisdom, Eric Red, Wendy Dranfield, Peter Hogenkamp, B. J. Graf, Steven Walker, Olivia Blacke, Joel Burcat, Frances McNamara, Jenna Kernan, K.D. Richards, and many more!
Virtual Winter Thrills Starts In 10 Days!
An exciting new opportunity from International Thriller Writers: Virtual Winter Thrills 2021! Take advantage of this chance to participate in Master Class, Practice PitchFest, and the brand new Thriller MBA!
There’s no travel, no hotel stay—but you can still hone your craft in small classes taught by ITW bestselling authors, you can learn to pitch your novel with confidence and get insider details on the business of writing from agents, editors, and marketing professionals, including a critique of your query letter.
Virtual Winter Thrills
January 11 – March 18, 2021
A Special Event for Thriller Enthusiasts.
Mega Virtual CraftFest
Missed this event? Mega Virtual CraftFest, including CareerFest, is available to you as a standalone purchase. This is the same event, same content, that was offered with great success during Virtual ThrillerFest XV (2020). If you purchased it earlier, you don’t need to register again now.
Mega Virtual CraftFest was part of Virtual ThrillerFest XV – 2020 during the July 6-14th online conference. We paired some of the best thriller writers in the world to discuss the craft of writing in a fabulous set of videos (Vimeo) available at registrants’ convenience. There were over 100 conversations featuring over 200 bestselling authors. See the amazing list of authors here. Mega Virtual CraftFest was very well received by registrants. They were able to enjoy fabulous videos from the safety and comfort of their homes, and you can too!
The unbeatable price for all of this valuable information: $149!
The Big Thrill Book Giveaway
Congratulations to Dan L. and Linda G., winners of our last The Big Thrill Book Giveaway!
They will each receive 10 signed thrillers from ITW members.
Next month we’ll draw two new winners, and one of them could be you!
Current and new subscribers welcome.
- The October 2021 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - September 30, 2021
- Up Close: Anthony Horowitz - September 30, 2021
- AudioFile Spotlight: Behind the Mic with Actor Alfred Molina - September 30, 2021