Read the stories that were featured in the May edition of The Big Thrill.
30 new thrillers this month, including two Specials to the Big Thrill: FanFest by Kimberley Howe and Jamie Freveletti; and the Thriller Award Nominees by John Raab. Plus, we have true crime from Dianne Fanning, News From South Africa by Michael Sears, 27 new e-releases, and 8 new audio books, all from ITW Members!
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Special to the Big Thrill: FanFest by Kimberley Howe and Jamie Freveletti
- Special to the Big Thrill: Thriller Award Nominees by John Raab
- News from South Africa by Michael Sears
- Murder As A Fine Art by David Morrell
- The Barbed Crown by William Dietrich
- Onion Street by Reed Farrel Coleman
- Sleep My Darlings by Diane Fanning
- Against the Edge by Kat Martin
- Out of Sight Out of Mind by Evonne Wareham
- Stolen by Daniel Palmer
- Fangs Out by David Freed
- Silken Prey by John Sandford
- Deadly Harvest by Michael Stanley
- The Crypt Thief: A Hugo Marston Novel by Mark Pryor
- Survivor by James Phelan
- Agent Colt Shore: Domino 29 by Axel Avian
- Execution (Harry Tate 5) by Adrian Magson
- Insidious Deception by Alan L Moss
- I Hear the Sirens in the Street by Adrian McKinty
- Helsinki Blood by James Thompson
- Soundbyte by Cat Connor
- Easy Squeezy by Paul D’Ambrosio
- Lucky Bastard by Deborah Coonts
- Invitation to Die by Helen Smith
- State of Emergency by Marc Cameron
- Night Terrors by Dennis Palumbo
- Sharp by Alex Hughes
- Strike Price by L. A. Starks
- The Hidden Third by Wilf Nussey
- Manipulation by Gary Williams & Vicky Knerly
- In Broad Daylight by Seth Harwood
- When A Secret Kills by Lynette Eason
- Girl Three by Tracy March
- Legal Heat by Sarah Castille
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Robert Rotstein, Allen Zadoff, Alan L. Lee, Adrienne Giordano, Mary Louise Kelly, Jeanne Matthews, Toby Tate, Michael Pocalyko, J. Sydney Jones, Jeffrey Wilson, Annamaria Alfieri, Walter Walker, Colby Marshall, Michael Jecks, Joelle Charbonneau, Catriona McPherson, James Phelan, Layton Green and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- The Essex Man: 10 Seconds to Death by Gary Phillips
- Death Toll by J. H. Bogran
- Ironsides’ Peril by Michael D. Urban
- Breach of Power by Chuck Barrett
- The Middle Eye by Rebecca Jean Downey
- The Suicide Squad by TJ Waters
- Dead Light by Mike Pace
- The Housewife Assassin’s Relationship Survival Guide (Book 4 – The Housewife Assassin Series) by Josie Brown
- In the Matter of Nikola Tesla: A Romance of the Mind by Anthony Flacco
- Indivisible? The Story of the Second American Civil War by Paul Martin Midden
- Outrageous October by Barbara Levenson
- The Way To A Man’s Heart by Gary Cahill
- Fairy Dust by Carol Shenold
- Blood Money by Doug Richardson
- Night Demon by Lisa Kessler
- The Pickaxe Killers: Karla Faye Tucker and Daniel Garrett (A True Crime Short) by R. Barri Flowers
- Something Wild by Linda Davies
- Wilderness of Mirrors by Linda Davies
- Fatal Dose by K. J. Janssen
- Nest of Vipers by Linda Davies
- Number Seventy-Five by Ashley Fontainne
- The Proteus Cure by F. Paul Wilson and Tracy L. Carbone
- Dragon Mine by Jaime Rus
- Blood Moon by Alexandra Sokolof
- Before He Kills Again: A Veronica Vasquez Thriller by R. Barri Flowers
- Chasing the Lost by Bob Mayer
- Deeds by Joseph Amiel
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- Circle Dance by Lynne Constantine & Valerie Constantine
- The Calypso Directive by Brian Andrews
- Weapon of Choice by Patricia Gussin
- Impossible Odds: The Kidnapping of Jessica Buchanan and her Dramatic Rescue by SEAL Team Six by Anthony Flacco
- Stress Test by Richard L. Mabry, MD
- The Team by David M. Salkin
- Lost And Found by Amy Shojai
- Dirty Little Secrets by Liliana Hart
Come meet your 2013 Participating Authors along with ITW Co-Presidents Kathleen Antrim and Lee Child!
Where: Ballroom I at the Grand Hyatt in Manhattan
We’re very excited about our first ever FanFest! Certain ITW authors are hosting a special signing and cocktail party for a group of lucky fans. This event is open to all ThrillerFest registrants and the selected fans that each ITW author host invites. Fans will need a special badge to get in, so please check in at registration before heading to the party.
The evening kicks off at 6:00pm with a special signing for all the FanFest authors. Next, everyone will gather in Ballroom I at the Grand Hyatt for a cocktail party from 6:30-8:00pm where they can spend quality time with their favorite author and indulge in the beverage of their choice.
Fans will take home a special swag bag created especially for them by their ITW author host along with lots of good memories! Hope to see you there!
Join us at BEA this year! Stop by our booth to say hello and help promote ITW and ThrillerFest.
We look forward to seeing you there!
May 29 – June 1, 2013
Javits Center, NYC
ThrillerFest VIII – Register Today!
ThrillerFest VIII – July 10th – 13th, Grand Hyatt, NYC.
We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2013 ThrillerMaster: Anne Rice
- 2011 ThrillerMaster: R. L. Stine
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Connelly
- Spotlight Guest: T. Jefferson Parker
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Palmer
- 2013 Silver Bullet Award Recipient: Steve Berry
CraftFest — New York Times bestselling authors will share their secrets on the craft of writing.
AgentFest — The top agents and editors in the business will be on hand to hear your pitches.
ThrillerFest — Network with other writers and meet industry professionals at the fabulous panels. Special guests will be announced soon.
TO GET THE BEST DEAL, REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
To view some fabulous interviews from last year’s ThrillerFest, please visit NYC Media. Including interviews with David Morrell, Sandra Brown and many more!
Don’t forget to a few minutes and peruse the ThrillerFest VII photo slideshow compliments of Alan Jacobson.
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The BigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Karen Pasquel, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Karen will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Murder as a Fine Art by David Morrell, Game by Barry Lyga, Obsession, Impulse, Power and Rage by Debra Webb, Silent Slaughter by C. E. Lawrence, Dangerous Waters by Toni Anderson, Insidious Deception by Alan L. Moss, Cadaver Blues by J.E. Fishman, The Dark Pool by J.E. Fishman, Lilith by Toby Tate, Chasers by James Phelan (unsigned), Survivor by James Phelan (unsigned), Against the Edge by Kat Martin, The Dark Tower Companion (A Guide to Stephen King’s Epic Fantasy) by Bev Vincent, Night Terrors by Dennis Palumbo, Stress Test by Richard L. Mabry, M.D., Domino 29 by Axel Avian and A Broth of Betrayal by Connie Archer.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
- The January 2021 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - December 31, 2020
- BookTrib Spotlight: Ashley Audrain - December 31, 2020
- AudioFile Spotlight: Favorite Crime Fiction Sidekicks - December 31, 2020