Read the stories that were featured in the July edition of The Big Thrill.
38 new thrillers this month, including debut novels from Bradlee Frazer, G.M. Lawrence, Joy Castro, Richard L. Hatin, Chase Brandon and J.C. Carleson, plus a Between The Lines interview with Linda Fairstein by Julie Kramer and News From South Africa by Michael Sears.
Print the Big Thrill list and head on down to your favorite bookstore, or download your selections to your electronic e-reader, and enjoy a month’s worth of great reading from your friends at the International Thriller Writers.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Between The Lines with Linda Fairstein by Julie Kramer
- News From South Africa by Michael Sears
- Black List by Brad Thor
- The 13th Target by Mark de Castrique
- Heartbroken by Lisa Unger
- Vanishing Girls by Katia Lief
- A City of Broken Glass by Rebecca Cantrell
- Q: Awakening by G.M. Lawrence
- A Bad Day for Mercy by Sophie Littlefield
- Ransom River by Meg Gardiner
- Discretion by Allison Leotta
- Someone Bad and Something Blue by Miranda Parker
- Never Tell by Alafair Burke
- Strong Vengeance by Jon Land
- I, Judas The 5th Gospel by Bob Mayer
- The Cryptos Conundrum by Chase Brandon
- Mistress of Mourning by Karen Harper
- Dark Crossings by Karen Harper, Marta Perry and Patricia Davids
- The Trust by Norb Vonnegut
- The Renegades by Tom Young
- Deadly Little Secrets by Kathryn Casey
- Jack 1939 by Francine Mathews
- Pulse by John Lutz
- Fireproof by Alex Kava
- Let the Devil Sleep by John Verdon
- Potboiler by Jesse Kellerman
- Hidden by Kendra Elliot
- Colby Roundup by Debra Webb
- Secret Blood by Don Stansberry
- Evil Agreement by Richard L. Hatin
- Cloaks and Veils by J.C. Carleson
- Invitation to a Murder by Esther Luttrell
- The Fear Artist by Timothy Hallinan
- Extended Family by Patrick Kendrick
- Brigands Key by Ken Pelham
- The Monet Murders by Jean Harrington
- Protection by GJ Moffat
- Daughters of Jared by H.B. Moore
- Hell or High Water by Joy Castro
- The Cure by Bradlee Frazer
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from D. P. Lyle, R. Barri Flowers (Editor), Andrew Kaplan, Michael Haskins, Douglas Corleone, Lisa Jackson, James R. Tuck, Julie Kramer, Adrienne Giordano, Karen Maitland, Angie Fox, R.J. Jagger, C. E. Lawrence, Kathleen George and many more! It’s gonna be a thriller!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- Hunter’s World by Fred Lichtenberg
- Double Trouble by Fred Lichtenberg
- Ten Rules For A Call Girl by Allison Leotta
- Dark Company by George Ebey
- The Deep Blue Alibi by Paul Levine
- The Tesla Formula by Nicolas Kublicki
- The Haunting of Leigh Maxwell by Esther Luttrell
- Father’s Day by Donald J. Bingle
- Risky Business by W. Soliman
- Crystal White by David DeLee
- Drake’s Coffin by Michael D. Urban
- Zippered Flesh: Tales of Body Enhancements Gone Bad! by Weldon Burge (Editor)
- Hellfighter by David T. Wilbanks
- FIND > FIX > FINISH by Jeremy Brown
LOVE IS MURDER Anthology!
Prepare for heart-racing suspense in this original collection by thirty of the hottest bestselling authors and new voices writing romance suspense today.
Go on vacation with Allison Brennan’s Lucy Kincaid, where she saves a man from drowning, only to discover he is in far greater danger on land. Meet Roxanne St. Claire’s “bullet catcher”–bodyguard Donovan Rush–who may have met his match in the sexually charged “Diamond Drop.” Debut author William Simon shows us what happens when the granddaughter of the president of the United States is kidnapped. And Lee Child’s pitch-perfect “I Heard a Romantic Story” puts a whole new spin on Love Is Murder.
Bodyguards, vigilantes, stalkers, serial killers, women (and men!) in jeopardy, cops, thieves, PIs, killers–these all-new stories will keep you thrilled and chilled late into the night.
LOVE IS MURDER is the third Thriller anthology written exclusively by members of International Thriller Writers, Inc. With original short stories from Lori Armstrong, Jeff Ayers, Beverly Barton, William Bernhardt, Allison Brennan, Robert Browne, Pamela Callow, Toni McGee Causey, Lee Child, JT Ellison, Bill Floyd, Cindy Gerard, Heather Graham, Laura Griffin, Vicki Hinze, Andrea Kane, Julie Kenner, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dianna Love, Jon Land, D.P. Lyle, James Macomber, Carla Neggers, Brenda Novak, Patricia Rosemoor, William Simon, Alexandra Sokoloff, Roxanne St. Claire, Mariah Stewart, and Debra Webb, you won’t want to miss this!
Praise for the Thriller anthologies:
“A slam-dunk collection of the best in the business.” Steve Berry, New York Times bestselling author
“For romantic suspense lovers, this is magical mayhem loaded with bark and bite. Downright beguiling.” Jeffery Deaver, International #1 bestselling author
“It’s like a box of chocolates–each one is different, but they’re all great.” Joseph Finder, New York Times bestselling author
“An absolute must-buy for thriller readers everywhere.” Lisa Gardner, #1 New York Times bestselling author
“I love this book and you will, too.” Tess Gerritsen, International bestselling author
“Absolutely superb.” Doug Preston, New York Times bestselling author
“Gripping, exciting, engaging–every story will leave you breathless.” Karin Slaughter, #1 Internationally bestselling author
Still not sold? Read Julie Kramer’s Special to The Big Thrill (June 2012): Between The Lines of Love Is Murder.
- 2012 ThrillerMaster Jack Higgins
- 2011 ThrillerMaster R.L. Stine
- Spotlight Guest Lee Child
- Spotlight Guest John Sandford
- Spotlight Guest Catherine Coulter
- 2012 True Crime Award Recipient Ann Rule
- 2012 Silver Bullet Award Recipient Richard North Patterson
- 2011 Silver Bullet Award Recipient Karin Slaughter
We have something for everyone, whether you’re an aspiring author, a fan, an industry professional, or an ITW author. Some of the highlights include:
CraftFest: This section of the conference is ideal if you’re looking to hone your writing skills. Every year, CraftFest is growing in numbers and spaces are limited. If you are keen on hearing the writing secrets of NYT bestsellers, please sign up soon so you don’t miss out.
AgentFest: If you’d like to pitch your novel to the best literary agents in the business, this is the event for you. Last year, we had over 60 agents attending AgentFest. So far, we have had five people sign with top agencies. Their success stories will be posted on the website shortly.
ThrillerFest: This year, we’ll have counterterrorism expert David Major joining us to share his experiences of working at The White House and the FBI. For more information on David, please visit www.cicentre.com.
Banquet: Please join us at the annual Saturday night banquet for the presentation of the Thriller Awards and other entertainment.
Volunteers are an integral part of the ThrillerFest experience. We couldn’t do it without you. If you would like to assist us, please send an email to email@example.com. Volunteering is a great way to meet people and get involved in ITW.
Please drop by the new ThrillerFest Facebook page and say hello! Then “like” us, and help spread the word!
Your ThrillerFest team is looking forward to a fun and memorable year. If we can answer any questions or help out in any way, please touch base anytime. We look forward to seeing you next July 11-14 in NYC!
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
And while you’re in New York . . .
Check out this great deal! Half-price tickets for ThrillerFest attendees!
A New Play
Miriam has a photographic memory…and a secret she needs to forget.
Miriam, a math prodigy who was on the fast track to becoming an astronaut, has been living in seclusion with her parents for the past 20 years. When Raina, a criminal investigator, knocks on her door seeking the parents, Miriam offers an inconceivable explanation for their disappearance. Jarring discoveries are soon revealed as the two women struggle to overcome their own personal tragedies.
7th MONARCH is a new play written by Jim Henry and directed by Scott C. Embler. Starring Gretchen Hall (StickFly), Leslie Hendrix (Law & Order), Drama Desk Award-winner Michael Cullen (Cobb), Matthew Humphreys (The Good Shepherd) and Tony Award® winner Michael Rupert (Sweet Charity). Presented by Somerled Charitable Foundation.
SPECIAL HALF-PRICE OFFER for THRILLERFEST ATTENDEES:
$34.50 Tickets – All Preview Performances (6/12-6/23)
$39.50 Tickets – Post Opening Performances (6/26 – 9/9)
HOW TO ORDER:
PHONE: 212.947.8844 and mention code TR7MRRM
IN PERSON: Bring this offer to Theatre Row Box Office
(Box Office Hours: Monday – Sunday, Noon to 8pm)
Acorn Theatre @ Theatre Row | 410 West 42 Street, NYC | www.7thMonarch.com
RESTRICTIONS: This offer is valid through 9/9/12 and is subject to availability. Not valid on prior purchase. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts of promotions; blackout dates and restrictions may apply. Limit ten (10) tickets per order. No refunds or exchanges. Offer may be revoked at any time. All discounts include $1.25 fee. Standard service fees apply to all phone and internet orders.
The Thriller Roundtable
Back by popular demand, The Thriller Roundtable! A big thanks to ITW’s new Roundtable Coordinator, J. H. Bográn for his help, tireless effort and infectious enthusiasm in running one of TheBigThrill’s most popular features.
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more. In June we’ll discuss everything from new media and its effect on readers to high stakes, large-canvas thrillers vs. intimate thrills. You won’t want to miss it!
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Cliff Bailey, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Cliff will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Q: Awakening by G.M. Lawrence, Extended Family by Patrick Kendrick, Tattooed by Pamela Callow, Ice Fire by David Lyons, The Conviction by Robert Dugoni, In Her Blood by Annie Hauxwell, Never Tell by Alafair Burke, The Taken by Vicki Pettersson, Discretion by Allison Leotta, Daughters of Jared by H.B. Moore, Target: Tinos by Jeffrey Siger, A Bad Day For Mercy by Sophie Littlefield and Secret Blood by Don Stansberry.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
- The September 2022 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - August 31, 2022
- Between the Lines: Bev Vincent, Interview by Stephen King - August 31, 2022
- Up Close: Cate Holahan - August 31, 2022