Summer may not yet be over, but our thoughts have already turned to fall—and everything that comes with it. This month’s issue of The Big Thrill features chilling new books from New York Times bestsellers like Alice Feeney, John Connolly, Scott Turow, and Catherine McKenzie. In Africa Scene, Kwei Quartey interviews Michael Stanley about the latest Detective Kubu book, Adam Hamdy answers 20 questions for our Behavioral Analysis Unit column, and in a The Big Thrill first, Stephen King interviews our Between the Lines cover author, Bev Vincent. Plus, we get up close with authors Winnie M Li, Cate Holahan, Tracey Lein, Lisa Black, Kelly J. Ford, and many more. Our September issue is live now—perfect for you to enjoy on those waning summer nights.
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Bev Vincent, Interview by Stephen King
- On the Cover: Winnie M Li by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Meg Elison by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Alice Feeney by Dawn Ius
- The Big Thrill’s Behavioral Analysis Unit: Adam Hamdy by Eric P. Bishop
- On the Cover: Tracey Lien by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Kelly J. Ford by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Cate Holahan by Mindy Carlson
- International Thrills: John Connolly by Allison McKnight
- On the Cover: Yasmin Angoe by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Daco S. Auffenorde by Rebecca Fields
- Up Close: Scott Turow by K.L. Romo
- Africa Scene: Michael Stanley by Kwei Quartey
- Up Close: Linda Hurtado Bond by Lisa Malice
- Up Close: Deanna Raybourn by Dawn Ius
- BookTrib Spotlight: Alaina Urquhart by Neil Nyren
- Up Close: Catherine McKenzie by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Lisa Black by Millie Naylor Hast
- International Thrills: Gillian McAllister by K.L. Romo
- AudioFile Spotlight: Mystery and Suspense Audiobooks for September
- The Big Island Killer (Hawaii CI Book 1) by R. Barri Flowers
- The Avignon Affair by Gary McAvoy & Ronald L. Moore
- Murder Exit Stage Right by Joan Havelange
- Honor Bound by Hallee Bridgeman
- The Mirror Man by J.B. Manas
- Dewey Decimated by Allison Brook
- Moonlight Gets Schooled by Vincent Zandri
- Last Liar Standing by Danielle M. Wong
- Buried Trust by Nancy A. Hughes
- Intrepid Spirit by David Tunno
- The Desecrated by John Gray
- Snake Slayer by Rob Pierce
- Magic Is Murder by Donna Andrews, Barb Goffman, and Marcia Talley (editors)
- Make Me Disappear by Jessica Payne
- Line of Darkness by Max Tomlinson
- Unforeseen, Erica Rosen MD Trilogy: Book 3 by Deven Greene
- The Couple at Causeway Cottage by Diane Jeffrey
- Murder at the Wedding by Christine Knapp
- Like Whitewashed Tombs by Ryan Sayles
- TRACKRS: On the Cold Trail of a Serial Killer by Michael A. Jacobs
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Ainslie Hogarth, Wanda M. Morris, Iain Reid, Clay McLeod Chapman, Nicci French, Erin E. Adam, Ginny Myers Sain, Mia P. Manansala, Mary Kellikoa, Kyle Mills and Vince Flynn, Karen Odden, Jeffrey Archer, Veronica Roth, Lee and Andrew Child, Jaime Jo Wright, Sarah Bonner, Kia Abdullah, Rijula Das, Melissa Koslin, Raymond Benson, Edward Zuckerman, Cristina LePort, R. Barri Flowers, Roger A. Canaff, Kim Taylor Blakemore, DiAnn Mills, Nina Wachsman, Wendy Dranfield, Jaime Jo Wright, C.S. O’Cinneide, Martin Roy Hill and many more!
ThrillerFest XVIII – Early Bird Registration is Open!
2023 ThrillerMaster: Walter Mosley
2023 Silver Bullet Award Recipient: Michael Connelly
2023 Spotlight Guest: Jack Carr
2023 Spotlight Guest: Oyinkan Braithwaite
2023 Thriller Legend: Minotaur Books
2023 Thriller Fan: John Berylson
ThrillerFest XVII – Audio Recordings!
Don’t miss a single class, panel, or interview!
Take a minute to fill out the short form and let us know which sessions you are interested in and we’ll send you a secure payment link.
Save $$$ on full sets of CraftFest & ThrillerFest!
Easy-to-play, universal mp3 format and a one-year replacement guarantee with every order.
CLICK HERE to download the mp3 order form.
CLICK HERE to listen to a sample recording.