This issue of The Big Thrill truly goes global this month, featuring authors from Sri Lanka, Puerto Rico, the UK, and more. April Snellings goes Between the Lines with horror-master Gabino Iglesias, Dawn Ius chats with Pakistani-American Amina Akhtar and ITW-award winner Amanda Jayatissa, and Neil Nyren gets the scoop on a brilliant Navajo mystery by Navajo screenwriter Ramona Emerson. The incomparable Meg Gardiner answers 20 questions in The Big Thrill’s BAU column, Bryan E. Robinson shares strategies on how to manage your writing stress, and we get Up Close with bestselling genre superstars Sandra Brown, Kathy Reichs, Dean Koontz, Chuck Hogan, Catherine Coulter, Megan Miranda, and dozens more! The August issue is live now—you’re not going to want to miss it.
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Gabino Iglesias by April Snellings
- On the Cover: Amanda Jayatissa by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Kathy Reichs by R.G. Belsky
- Up Close: Sandra Brown by Dawn Ius
- The Big Thrill’s Behavioral Analysis Unit: Meg Gardiner by Eric P. Bishop
- International Thrills: Catherine Ryan Howard by Guy Bergstrom
- Up Close: Megan Miranda by Mindy Carlson
- Up Close: Dean Koontz by Allison McKnight
- BookTrib Spotlight: Ramona Emerson by Neil Nyren
- Up Close: James L’Etoile by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: B.R. Myers by Rebecca Fields
- International Thrills: Hayley Scrivenor by Charles Salzberg
- On the Cover: Amina Akhtar by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Chuck Hogan by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Catherine Coulter by K.L. Romo
- International Thrills: Claire Douglas by Karen Hugg
- Writing Advice: Gauging Your Writing Stress Needle to Cultivate Thriller Success by Dr. Bryan Robinson
- AudioFile Spotlight: Talking Audiobooks with Author David Baldacci by Ellen Quint
- International Thrills: Ava Glass by Jaden Terrell
- Homeland Insecurity by J.L. Abramo
- River of Ashes by Alexandrea Weis & Lucas Astor
- Ice Islands by Humphrey Hawksley
- A Forgotten Shadow by H.L. Marsay
- The Calculations of Rational Men by Daniel Godfrey
- Direct Legacy by James Stejskal
- Sneaky’s Supernatural Mystery and Other Cobble Cove Stories by Debbie De Louise
- The Child Riddler by Angela Greenman
- Death a Sketch by Cheryl Hollon
- The Sky Club by Terry Roberts
- DCI Warren Jones: Time to Kill by Paul Gitsham
- We Will Rise by Tim Waggoner
- Someone’s Watching Me by Zoe Rosi
- The Secret Life of Maggie Blake by Marilyn Brant
- UNSPEAKABLE: The Killing School by Hart Rivers
- The Case of the Cat Crazy Lady by Debbie De Louise
- Vengeance for All Things by Anthony Flacco
- Critical Alliance by Elizabeth Goddard
- Morse & Vasquez by Glenn A. Bruce
- Hidden to Die: A Grace Gabbiano Mystery, Book 8 by Ann Simas
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Catherine McKenzie, Cate Holahan, Lisa Black, Adam Hamdy, Scott Turow, Yasmin Angoe, Karen Robards, Meg Ellison, Kelly J. Ford, Virginia Hartman, Alice Feeney, Bradeigh Godfrey, Charlie Lovett, Maureen Kilmer, John Connolly, Deanna Raybourn, Jeff Abbott, Tracy Lein, Bev Vincent, Faye Kellerman, Iain Reid, Gillian McAllister, Winnie M. Li, Daco S. Auffenorde, Linda Hurtado Bond, Hallee Bridgeman, Melissa Koslin, Danielle M. Wong, Nancy A. Hughes, David Tunno, and many more!
ITW’s Ninth Annual Online Thriller School – Registration is Open!
In this TEN-week program, which begins September 13, 2022, the craft of thriller writing will be front and center. Each instructor will teach an aspect of craft during a live Zoom session, will provide written materials for further reading along with study suggestions (when applicable), and will offer an entire week of online Q&A with the registered students. Classes will be held every Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. Eastern.
The goal is simple: to make each student a better writer.
Registration for the ten-week online course is $495.
Please note: If you are unable to attend any of the live classes, they will all be recorded. The recordings are typically available within a few hours of the conclusion of the class, and we make those available to the students right away. You’ll also have access to the recordings for at least one year after the class is over.
ThrillerFest XVII – Audio Recordings!
Don’t miss a single class, panel, or interview!
Take a minute to fill out the short form and let us know which sessions you are interested in. We will email you as soon as they are ready to download.
Save $$$ on full sets of CraftFest & ThrillerFest!
Easy-to-play, universal mp3 format and a one-year replacement guarantee with every order.
CLICK HERE to download the mp3 order form.
CLICK HERE to listen to a sample recording.
- Up Close: Darby Kane - November 30, 2022
- The December 2022 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - November 30, 2022
- Writing Advice: Why We Look for Every Excuse to Procrastinate When We Love to Write Thrillers So Much - November 30, 2022