Read the stories that were featured in the March edition of The Big Thrill.
32 new thrillers this month from ITW Members including debut novels from Owen Laukkanen, James Renner and Lissa Price, plus a Between The Lines Interview with James Patterson, and News From South Africa by ITW’s International correspondent Michael Sears.
Print the Big Thrill list and head on down to your favorite bookstore, or download your selections to your electronic e-reader, and enjoy a month’s worth of great reading from your friends at the International Thriller Writers.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Between the Lines: An Interview with James Patterson by Julie Kramer
- News From South Africa by Michael Sears
- Stay Close by Harlan Coben
- The Professionals by Owen Laukkanen
- The Book of Lost Fragrances by M.J. Rose
- Operation Ruby Slipper by John Meyer
- Scorpion Betrayal by Andrew Kaplan
- The Devil’s Bones by Larry D. Sweazy
- The Unseen by Heather Graham
- The Man from Primrose Lane by James Renner
- Deliverance: Mortal Path Book 3 by Dakota Banks
- Midnight in Berlin by JL Merrow
- Victims: An Alex Delaware Novel by Jonathan Kellerman
- Clawback by Mike Cooper
- Second Skin (Skinned: Book Two) by Judith Graves
- Starters by Lissa Price
- Code Name: Caleb by John A. Bray
- Executive Actions and Executive Treason by Gary Grossman
- Before She Dies by Mary Burton
- Return To Grace by Karen Harper
- Death, Taxes, and a Skinny No-Whip Latte by Diane Kelly
- The Probability of Murder by Ada Madison
- Blood Ocean by Weston Ochse
- Flashbyte by Cat Connor
- Equity of Evil by Rudy A. Mazzocchi
- Poison Flower by Thomas Perry
- Question of Trust by Laura Caldwell
- Against the Night by Kat Martin
- Phish NET Stalkings by Denise Robbins
- Zero Break: A Mahu Investigation by Neil S. Plakcy
- Start Shooting by Charlie Newton
- The Tenth Saint by D.J. Niko
- Silent Witness by Shirley Wells
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Bonnie S. Calhoun, Linda Rodriguez, Tracey Devlyn, Mitzi Kelly, Dorothy St. James, Devon Vaughn Archer, Jonathan Maberry, Lisa Scottoline, Brian Andrews, Richard Helms, Libby Fischer Hellmann, D. P. Lyle, MD, Robert J. Sawyer, Brenda Hill, Robert Liparulo, Clea Simon and many more! It’s gonna be a thriller!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- The Assassin’s Mistress by J. H. Bogran
- Fatal Tryst by David DeLee
- The Color of Evil by Connie (Corcoran) Wilson
- Blood Stained: A Lucy Guardino FBI Thriller by CJ Lyons
- Assumption of Risk by Jim Silver
- The Devil and the Diva by David Housewright
- Merciless by Gerrie Ferris Finger
- Don’t Know Jack by Diane Capri
- Love Aboard the Titanic & Billy the Kid’s Wife by R. Barri Flowers
- So Pretty It Hurts by Kate White
- Portrait of a Starter by Lissa Price
- The Agent by Karna Small Bodman
- The Axman of New Orleans by Chuck Hustmyre
- A Cross to Bare by Stephen M. DeBock
- Secret Signs by TJ Waters
- Black Ops: El Dorado by Matt Lynn
- Death Wears High Heels by M. R. Sellars
- 13 Nasty Endings by Thomas M. Malafarina
- Ghoul Squad by M. R. Sellars
- Angel Noir by Fred Zackel
- Blindsight by Jaime Rush
LOVE IS MURDER anthology available for pre-order!
Prepare for heart-racing suspense in this original collection by thirty of the hottest bestselling authors and new voices writing romance suspense today.
Go on vacation with Allison Brennan’s Lucy Kincaid, where she saves a man from drowning, only to discover he is in far greater danger on land. Meet Roxanne St. Claire’s “bullet catcher”–bodyguard Donovan Rush–who may have met his match in the sexually charged “Diamond Drop.” Debut author William Simon shows us what happens when the granddaughter of the president of the United States is kidnapped. And Lee Child’s pitch-perfect “I Heard a Romantic Story” puts a whole new spin on Love Is Murder.
Bodyguards, vigilantes, stalkers, serial killers, women (and men!) in jeopardy, cops, thieves, PIs, killers–these all-new stories will keep you thrilled and chilled late into the night.
LOVE IS MURDER is the third Thriller anthology written exclusively by members of International Thriller Writers, Inc. With original short stories from Lori Armstrong, Jeff Ayers, Beverly Barton, William Bernhardt, Allison Brennan, Robert Browne, Pamela Callow, Toni McGee Causey, Lee Child, JT Ellison, Bill Floyd, Cindy Gerard, Heather Graham, Laura Griffin, Vicki Hinze, Andrea Kane, Julie Kenner, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dianna Love, Jon Land, D.P. Lyle, James Macomber, Carla Neggers, Brenda Novak, Patricia Rosemoor, William Simon, Alexandra Sokoloff, Roxanne St. Claire, Mariah Stewart, and Debra Webb, you won’t want to miss this!
Praise for the Thriller anthologies:
“A slam-dunk collection of the best in the business.” Steve Berry, New York Times bestselling author
“For romantic suspense lovers, this is magical mayhem loaded with bark and bite. Downright beguiling.” Jeffery Deaver, International #1 bestselling author
“It’s like a box of chocolates–each one is different, but they’re all great.” Joseph Finder, New York Times bestselling author
“An absolute must-buy for thriller readers everywhere.” Lisa Gardner, #1 New York Times bestselling author
“I love this book and you will, too.” Tess Gerritsen, International bestselling author
“Absolutely superb.” Doug Preston, New York Times bestselling author
“Gripping, exciting, engaging–every story will leave you breathless.” Karin Slaughter, #1 Internationally bestselling author
Behind the Scenes With Lee Child
On March 18, 2012, #1 NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Lee Child will participate in a live Mentor Forum appearance sponsored by the ITW Debut Authors Program. On the heels of wrapping the movie ONE SHOT, the first in a projected trilogy of films (starring Tom Cruise!) based on Child’s Jack Reacher series, the acclaimed author will share his insights, wit, and wisdom with the newest generation of thriller writers.
Beyond giving advice to ITW’s Debut Authors, Child will give a behind the scenes glimpse into the life of one of the country’s most celebrated writers — from touring to supporting his latest bestseller, THE AFFAIR, to his role in the upcoming Reacher movie; from traveling between his homes in Manhattan and France, to what he does in his free time. Access The Thrill Begins beginning March 22nd for highlights of Child’s mentoring session and look for the full story in the April edition of THE BIG THRILL!
ThrillerFest VII Registration Is Now Open!
ThrillerFest VII early registration is now available, but these rates are only for short time, so please sign up soon for another unforgettable conference. We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2012 ThrillerMaster Jack Higgins
- 2011 ThrillerMaster R.L. Stine
- Spotlight Guest Lee Child
- Spotlight Guest John Sandford
- Spotlight Guest Catherine Coulter
- 2012 True Crime Award Recipient Ann Rule
- 2012 Silver Bullet Award Recipient Richard North Patterson
- 2011 Silver Bullet Award Recipient Karin Slaughter
We have something for everyone, whether you’re an aspiring author, a fan, an industry professional, or an ITW author. Some of the highlights include:
CraftFest: This section of the conference is ideal if you’re looking to hone your writing skills. Every year, CraftFest is growing in numbers and spaces are limited. If you are keen on hearing the writing secrets of NYT bestsellers, please sign up soon so you don’t miss out.
AgentFest: If you’d like to pitch your novel to the best literary agents in the business, this is the event for you. Last year, we had over 60 agents attending AgentFest. So far, we have had five people sign with top agencies. Their success stories will be posted on the website shortly.
ThrillerFest: This year, we’ll have counterterrorism expert David Major joining us to share his experiences of working at The White House and the FBI. For more information on David, please visit www.cicentre.com.
Banquet: Please join us at the annual Saturday night banquet for the presentation of the Thriller Awards and other entertainment.
Volunteers are an integral part of the ThrillerFest experience. We couldn’t do it without you. If you would like to assist us, please send an email to email@example.com. Volunteering is a great way to meet people and get involved in ITW.
Please drop by the new ThrillerFest Facebook page and say hello! Then “like” us, and help spread the word!
Your ThrillerFest team is looking forward to a fun and memorable year. If we can answer any questions or help out in any way, please touch base anytime. We look forward to seeing you next July 11-14 in NYC!
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Linda Davis, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Linda will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including The Crown by Nancy Bilyeau, The Toymaker by Chuck Barrett, Kill Shot by Vince Flynn, The Departed and If You See Her by Shiloh Walker, Before She Dies by Mary Burton, Start Shooting by Charlie Newton, Return to Grace by Karen Harper, Phish Net Stalkings by Denise Robbins, Treacherous by Gary Phillips, Long Pig by James L. Ross, Death in Budapest by James L. Ross, Operation Ruby Slipper by John Meyer, The Devil’s Bones by Larry D. Sweazy, The Man From Primrose Lane by James Renner and The Tenth Saint by D.J. Niko.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
- The September 2020 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - August 31, 2020
- Up Close: Sandra Brown - August 31, 2020
- AudioFile Spotlight: Five Questions with Narrator Phoebe Strole - August 31, 2020