Read the stories that were featured in the December edition of The Big Thrill.
20 new thrillers this month from ITW members, including debut novels from Brett J. Talley and Elizabeth Voss, plus a Between the Lines interview with New York Times bestselling author Raymond Khoury, and News From South Africa with Mike Nicol.
Print the Big Thrill list and head on down to your favorite bookstore, or download your selections to your electronic e-reader, and enjoy a month’s worth of great reading from your friends at the International Thriller Writers.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Between the Lines: The Devil’s Elixir by Raymond Khoury
- News From South Africa by Mike Nicol
- If I Should Die by Allison Brennan
- Beyond the Darkness by Jaime Rush
- Gun Church and Hurt Machine by Reed Farrel Coleman
- A Vine in the Blood by Leighton Gage
- The Winslow Incident by Elizabeth Voss
- Time of Death by Gary Madden
- The Catalyst by Boyd Morrison
- Chronic Fear by Scott Nicholson
- Shaman’s Blood by Anne C. Petty
- That Which Should Not Be by Brett J. Talley
- Virtual Virgin by Carole Nelson Douglas
- In The Bleak Midwinter: A Special Agent Constance Mandalay Novel by M. R. Sellars
- She Can Run by Melinda Leigh
- The Boy from Berlin by Michael Parker
- Blue Horizon by J. L. Hammer
- Storm Damage by Ed Kovacs
- Stairway to the Bottom by Michael Haskins
- The Silence: A Viennese Mystery by J.Sydney Jones
Coming Next Month
Coming next month: A Between the Lines interview with Clive Cussler, Sandra Brown, Kathy Reichs, Mark Bowden and Andrew Peterson, fresh off their Operation Thriller USO Tour, plus the latest thrillers from John Lescroart, D. P. Lyle, Jon Land, Neal Baer & Jonathan Greene, Nancy J. Cohen, Shiloh Walker, Jordan Dane, Rick Mofina, Charlie Cochrane, Allan Topol, Alan Orloff, Steve Forman, T. Jefferson Parker, Nancy Bilyeau and more. It’s gonna be a thriller!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- Discreet Fling by David DeLee
- First Impressions by David DeLee
- No Remorse by Ian Walkley
- Widowfield by George Ebey
- Dead of Winter by Gary Phillips
- Morgen by Stephen M. DeBock
- Gallows Pole by J.D. Rhoades
- Mass Murder In The Sky: The Bombing of Flight 629 by R. Barri Flowers
- Eddie the Kid by Steve Forman
- Music City Murder by Matthew Dunn
- ToxiCity – Georgia Davis Prequel by Libby Fischer Hellmann
- Internal Threat by Ben Sussman
- Double Blind by D. P. Lyle
- Devil’s Playground by D. P. Lyle
- The Lucky Boy by Caroline Gerardo
- Somma by G.A. Chamberlin
- The Butterfly Forest by Tom Lowe
- Hell and High Water by Anne Petty and P. V. LeForge
- Gun Sex by Pearce Hansen
- Street Raised by Pearce Hansen
- Diaphanous by R. Thomas Riley and Roy C. Booth
- Black Ops: Libya by Matt Lynn
- Huntress (a revenge thriller) by Gus Leodas
- Your Eight O’Clock Is Dead by Kat Jorgensen
- God’s House by John D. Trudel
- A Covert War by Michael Parker
- Sometimes, There Really ARE Monsters Under the Bed by Will Graham
- Forevermore by Denise A. Agnew
- Face to Face: Hart and Drake (Book #3) by CJ Lyons
- Jump Cut by Rory Tate
- Revelations of the Impossible Piddingtons by Barry H. Wiley
- The Surrogate by Leonard Foglia and David Richards
- The Son by Leonard Foglia and David Richards
- The Savior by Leonard Foglia and David Richards
- The Ghost Ship by Gerrie Ferris Finger
- Waterbury: A Crime Novel by Katia Lief
- Hellfire & Damnation by Connie Corcoran Wilson
- The Bureau by Connie Corcoran Wilson
- Once We Were Kings by Ian Alexander
- Beyond Justice by Joshua Graham
- Runners by David DeLee
- Fatal Destiny by David DeLee
ThrillerFest VII Registration Is Now Open!
ThrillerFest VII Early Bird registration is now available, but these rates are only for short time, so please sign up soon for another unforgettable conference. We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2012 ThrillerMaster Jack Higgins
- 2011 ThrillerMaster R.L. Stine
- Spotlight Guest Lee Child
- Spotlight Guest John Sandford
- Spotlight Guest Catherine Coulter
- 2012 True Crime Award Recipient Ann Rule
- 2012 Silver Bullet Award Recipient Richard North Patterson
- 2011 Silver Bullet Award Recipient Karin Slaughter
We have something for everyone, whether you’re an aspiring author, a fan, an industry professional, or an ITW author. Some of the highlights include:
CraftFest: This section of the conference is ideal if you’re looking to hone your writing skills. Every year, CraftFest is growing in numbers and spaces are limited. If you are keen on hearing the writing secrets of NYT bestsellers, please sign up soon so you don’t miss out.
AgentFest: If you’d like to pitch your novel to the best literary agents in the business, this is the event for you. Last year, we had over 60 agents attending AgentFest. So far, we have had five people sign with top agencies. Their success stories will be posted on the website shortly.
ThrillerFest: This year, we’ll have counterterrorism expert David Major joining us to share his experiences of working at The White House and the FBI. For more information on David, please visit www.cicentre.com.
Banquet: Please join us at the annual Saturday night banquet for the presentation of the Thriller Awards and other entertainment.
Volunteers are an integral part of the ThrillerFest experience. We couldn’t do it without you. If you would like to assist us, please send an email to email@example.com. Volunteering is a great way to meet people and get involved in ITW.
Please drop by the new ThrillerFest Facebook page and say hello! Then “like” us, and help spread the word!
Your ThrillerFest team is looking forward to a fun and memorable year. If we can answer any questions or help out in any way, please touch base anytime. We look forward to seeing you next July 11-14 in NYC!
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
ITW Associate-Member and Thriller Fan Registration
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
2011 Operation Thriller USO Tour
In Fall 2011, ITW members Clive Cussler, Sandra Brown, Kathy Reichs, Mark Bowden, and Andrew Peterson deployed to the Middle East on a week-long USO tour to visit and uplift troops. The authors signed autographs, posed for photos with the troops and talked about their books, movies, television series and writing.
The tour, conceived of and organized by Andy Harp, and entitled Operation Thriller, is the second USO Operation Thriller tour. Last year, authors David Morrell, Douglas Preston, James Rollins, Steve Berry, and Andy Harp kicked off the tour with a special visit to Washington, D.C., where the group visited with troops at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and National Naval Medical Center. The group then flew to the Persian Gulf, visiting five bases in Kuwait and Iraq, where they talked fiction, inspired service men and women, spread cheer and, most importantly, showed their heartfelt gratitude.
Read more about last year’s tour here, and keep an eye out for Andrew Peterson’s Between The Lines interview coming next month!
Congratulations to Gordon W. Dale, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Gordon will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including The Spy Who Left Me by Gina Robinson, Another Colorado Kill by Bob Doerr, Playing the Hand She’s Dealt by David Fingerman, Time of Death by Gary Madden, Shaman’s Blood by Anne C. Petty, In the Bleak Midwinter by M. R. Sellars, That Which Should Not Be by Brett J. Talley, Huntress by Gus Leodas, Quest by David Wood, The Traiteur’s Ring by Jeffrey Willson, Killer Knots by Nancy J. Cohen plus a bonus signed ARC of Shear Murder and She Can Run by Melinda Leigh.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at the Big Thrill website, where each week, a new group of authors discuss what inspires them, who their favorite characters are, what advice they’d offer the next generation of thriller authors, and more.
Week of November 28 – December 4: “What was the big lesson that awaited you after you completed your first novel?” With Nancy Bilyeau, Karen Dionne and Ed Kovacs
Week of December 5 – 11: “What’s your “go to” work of fiction? The one you pick up when you’re stuck because you know it will help get your creativity flowing again? What makes that book so important to you?” TBD
Week of December 12 – 18: “What’s the one fiction/writing/craft guidebook that every writer should have, not on his or her shelf, but right there on the desk always within reach?” TBD
December 19 – 26: No Roundtable discussion – HAPPY HOLIDAYS!