October kicks off the spooky season, and what better way to celebrate than with chilling new reads from some of the genre’s most thrilling writers. Andrew Pyper delivers a chilling tale of a First Family haunted by their dead son, Dean Koontz presents a terrifying parallel universe, Jeremy Robert Johnson gives us a riveting teen nightmare, and Tim Waggoner debuts his first how-to compendium on writing horror. This month, we get up close with Lisa Unger, J. J. Hensley, Kyle Mills, Antony Johnston and many more! Plus, New York Times bestselling author Lee Child turns the tables on his biographer, Heather Martin, for an exclusive interview about…well, Lee Child, of course. The October issue of The Big Thrill is live now—and it’s scary good!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: That Reacher Guy
- On the Cover: Tom Ryan by April Snellings
- Up Close: Dean Koontz by J. H. Bográn
- Up Close: Antony Johnston by Dawn Ius
- Africa Scene: Lauren Beukes by Michael Sears
- On the Cover: Lisa Unger by K. L. Romo
- Up Close: Ian K. Smith by Austin Camacho
- Up Close: Tim Waggoner by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Kyle Mills and Vince Flynn by J. H. Bográn
- BookTrib Spotlight: Brian Selfon by Neil Nyren
- On the Cover: Andrew Pyper by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Vincent Zandri by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: Jeremy Robert Johnson by April Snellings
- Up Close: J. J. Hensley by Wendy Tyson
- AudioFile Spotlight: From Nordic Noir to South Korean Crime Fiction
- Memory Makers by Debbie De Louise
- Spears of Defiance by David Holman
- Pharaoh’s Forgery by Ellen Butler
- Deep Red Cover by Joel W. Barrows
- Old Sins Never Die by Daniella Bernett
- Blacksnow Zero by Lee Gimenez
- Burn Me Out by Brandon Barrows
- Deadly Odds 3.0 by Allen Wyler
- A Christmas Carol Murder by Heather Redmond
- Politics Can Be Murder by Susan Santangelo
- Point of Danger by Irene Hannon
- Shadow Ridge by M. E. Browning
- Mutation by Michael McBride
- The Cabin on Belle Bay by R. Barri Flowers
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Lee Child & Andrew Grant, David Baldacci, Allison Brennan, Wendy Webb, Clive Cussler and Boyd Morrison, E. M. Powell, Nicci French, Shannon Raab, Isabella Maldonado, Anthony Horowitz, Daco Auffenorde, Smith Henderson & Jon Marc Smith, John Connelly, Don Helin, S. M. Goodwin, Ann Simas, Alan Jacobson, Robert J. Stava, Eric J. Guignard and many more!
Join Us For Virtual Winter Thrills!
An exciting new opportunity from International Thriller Writers: Virtual Winter Thrills 2021! Take advantage of this chance to participate in Master Class, Practice PitchFest, and the brand new Thriller MBA!
There’s no travel, no hotel stay—but you can still hone your craft in small classes taught by ITW bestselling authors, you can learn to pitch your novel with confidence, and get insider details on the business of writing from agents, editors, and marketing professionals, including a critique of your query letter.
Virtual Winter Thrills
January 11 – March 18, 2021
A Special Event for Thriller Enthusiasts.
Mega Virtual CraftFest
Missed this event? Mega Virtual CraftFest, including CareerFest, is available to you as a standalone purchase. This is the same event, same content, that was offered with great success during Virtual ThrillerFest XV (2020). If you purchased it earlier you don’t need to register again now.
Mega Virtual CraftFest was part of Virtual ThrillerFest XV – 2020 during the July 6-14th online conference. We paired some of the best thriller writers in the world to discuss the craft of writing in a fabulous set of videos (Vimeo) available at registrants’ convenience. There were over 100 conversations featuring over 200 bestselling authors. See the amazing list of authors here. Mega Virtual CraftFest was very well received by registrants. They were able to enjoy fabulous videos from the safety and comfort of their homes, and you can too!
The unbeatable price for all of this valuable information: $149!