You may not find many “dancing sugar plums,” but the books featured in this month’s issue of The Big Thrill will definitely entice you to curl up by the fireplace…with the lights on bright and the doors locked tight. K.L. Romo goes Between the Lines with Kaira Rouda to talk about her new thriller, AudioFile Magazine shares its top mystery and suspense audiobooks of the year, and we get up close and personal with S.A. Cosby, Flora Collins, Tessa Wegert, Jane Smiley, Liv Andersson, and many more authors of chilling new reads. Next month, watch for exciting new changes with The Big Thrill, plus the launch of an epic knowledge portal for thriller writers, Write2Thrill. Happy Holidays—and happy reading!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Kaira Rouda by K.L. Romo
- AudioFile Spotlight: Best Mystery and Suspense Audiobooks for 2022
- On the Cover: S.A. Cosby by Jaden Terrell
- Up Close: Jane Smiley by Josie Brown
- Up Close: Tessa Wegert by K.L. Romo
- BookTrib Spotlight: Josh Haven by Neil Nyren
- On the Cover: Liv Andersson by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Flora Collins by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: Marc Cameron by José H. Bográn
- Killer Women: Podcast Highlights Suspense Written by Women by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Gregg Hurwitz by Jaden Terrell
- Up Close: Adele Parks by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Darby Kane by Mindy Carlson
- Writing Advice: Why We Look for Every Excuse to Procrastinate When We Love to Write Thrillers So Much by Bryan E. Robinson
NEW THIS MONTH
- What Meets the Eye by Alex Kenna
- The Fist Inside the Glove by David William Pearce
- Murder by Definition by Con Lehane
- Tell Me What You See by Terena Elizabeth Bell
- Her Sister’s Death by K.L. Murphy
- The Third Instinct by Kent Lester
- Cleopatra’s Vendetta: A Stryker Thriller by Avanti Centrae
- A Portion of Malice by Lloyd Jeffries
- Blue Like Me by Aaron Philip Clark
- The Ridders by Lisa Towles
- The Drug Tampering Trial by Tom Breen
- Chance Harbour by Colin Campbell
- Dead Men Don’t Decorate: An Old Town Antique Mystery by Cordy Abbott
- Before There Were Skeletons by Judy Penz Sheluk
- Dark of Night by Barbara Nickless
- Deadly Mountain Treasures by P.A. DePaul
- Bullet Country by Robert Swartwood
- The Stone Serpent by Nicholas Kaufmann
- House of Tigers by William Burton McCormick
- Killshot by Lee Gimenez
- Betray Me Not by Robert White
- Exit Wounds by Shannon Baker
- A Santa Stabbing by Geri Krotow
- A Ghost of Caribou by Alice Henderson
- Hero Haters by Ken MacQueen
- Neighbors To Die For by Linda Lovely
- Fortune’s Favor by Thomas Locke and Jyoti Guptara
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from C.J. Tudor, Damyanti Biswas, Grady Hendricks, Rebecca Kelley, Maureen Johnson, Stacy Willingham, Brad Taylor and many more!
ThrillerFest XVIII – Advance Registration Is Open!
2023 ThrillerMaster: Walter Mosley
2023 Silver Bullet Award Recipient: Michael Connelly
2023 Spotlight Guest: Jack Carr
2023 Spotlight Guest: Oyinkan Braithwaite
2023 Thriller Legend: Minotaur Books
2023 Thriller Fan: John Berylson
ThrillerFest XVII – Audio Recordings!
Don’t miss a single class, panel, or interview!
Take a minute to fill out the short form and let us know which sessions you are interested in, and we’ll send you a secure payment link.
Save $$$ on full sets of CraftFest & ThrillerFest!
Easy-to-play, universal mp3 format and a one-year replacement guarantee with every order.
CLICK HERE to download the mp3 order form.
CLICK HERE to listen to a sample recording.