What do bestselling authors David Yoon, Mary Kubica, and Chris Bohjalian have in common? They each have thrilling new releases that will keep you turning pages long into the night. This month, Geling Yan talks about the dark side of the internet, Anne Tibbets shares insight into a monster that will make you lose sleep, Bev Vincent and Brian Keene dish on working together and their shared love of Stephen King, and we head to Africa for a riveting conversation with Sifiso Mzobe. And writers! If you’re having trouble carving out time to write your new book, check out April Snellings’s interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper—he penned his latest thriller in 15-minute increments. We have the scoop on almost 50 books you’ll want to add to your TBR, stat—read about them all in the May issue of The Big Thrill, live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Jake Tapper by April Snellings
- On the Cover: David Yoon by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Kaira Rouda by E.M. Powell
- Up Close: Carter Wilson by Jaden Terrell
- Up Close: Mary Kubica by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Mia P. Manansala by Karen Hugg
- Anthology: How to Write a Mystery by Austin Camacho
- Up Close: Geling Yan by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Bev Vincent and Brian Keene by April Snellings
- Up Close: Stephen Hunter by Todd Gerber
- On the Cover: Anne Tibbets by Dawn Ius
- Africa Scene: Sifiso Mzobe by Joanne Hichens
- Up Close: Linwood Barclay by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Mary Keliikoa by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Dale Brown by José H. Bográn
- Up Close: Chris Bohjalian by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Brian Silverman by Charles Salzberg
- Up Close: Carole Johnstone by Dawn Ius
- BookTrib Spotlight: May Cobb by Neil Nyren
- Up Close: R.G. Belsky by José H. Bográn
- Up Close: Catherine McKenzie by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: Lara Bazelon by K.L. Romo
- AudioFile Spotlight: Mystery & Suspense Audiobooks That Will Make You Laugh
- Last Girls by Demetra Brodsky
- Girl, 11 by Amy Suiter Clarke
- The Day She Died by S.M. Freedman
- Never Miss by Melissa Koslin
- Punning with Scissors by Becky Clark
- Valentino Will Die by Donis Casey
- Exposed by Belle Ami
- Thief of Souls by Brian Klingborg
- The Unwanted Dead by Chris Lloyd
- K-9 Cold Case by Elizabeth Heiter
- Status-6 by W. Craig Reed
- The Adventure of the Deceased Scholar by Liese Sherwood-Fabre
- The Taxman Cometh by John Wayne Falbey
- The Paris Betrayal by James R. Hannibal
- Celestine by Kevin St. Jarre
- Stolen Thoughts by Tim Tigner
- Gumshoes, Fangs, Rockets, & Spies: How Literary Genres Evolve and Change Our World by Ken Pelham
- A Deadly Twist by Jeffrey Siger
- Zero Island by Chris Bauer
- Endings by Linda L. Richards
- Night Mayer: Legend of the Skinwalker by Paul W. Papa
Introducing ITW’s First Chapters Program
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Hannah Mary McKinnon, Laura Lippman, Lisa Unger, Delores Redondo, Maureen Johnson, Taylor Adams, Clare Mackintosh, Kate White, Gary Grossman and Ed Fuller, Rebecca Starford, Don Bentley, Susan MacNeal, Cathy Perkins, David Housewright, Brian Pinkerton, Daryl Gregory, George Ebey, Eric Van Lustbader, P.J. Vernon, Nicci French, Dan Lawton, Jeffrey James Higgins, Carolyn Arnold, Traci Hall, M. W. Craven, Bentley Turner, A.J. McCarthy, and many more!
Virtual ThrillerFest XVI – Registration Is Open!
We had such a successful event last July that we decided to host another virtual conference this summer. Our attendees can remain safe in the comfort of their homes, yet still participate in the learning and camaraderie that is the hallmark of the annual event of the International Thriller Writers.
We have an extensive group of bestselling ITW authors who can help you polish your thrillers and top drawer New York agents and editors to whom you can pitch.
Take advantage of this opportunity to participate in Master Class, X-Treme CraftFest, PitchFest, and ConsultFest. Visit ThrillerFest.com for more information including a list of our outstanding array of guests and publishing professionals.
This year’s event also includes:
- Free Debut Authors’ Presentation
- Free ITW Author Videos
- Free Thriller Awards Presentation
- Free Best First Sentence Contest.
- The October 2021 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - September 30, 2021
- Up Close: Anthony Horowitz - September 30, 2021
- AudioFile Spotlight: Behind the Mic with Actor Alfred Molina - September 30, 2021