This month Dawn Ius goes Between the Lines for an exclusive interview with Chuck Palahniuk about consumption, commodification, and the INVENTION OF SOUND. Plus, Tier 1 authors Brian Andrews and Jeffrey Wilson drop big news, April Snellings gets the scoop on a new locked-room mystery from Ruth Ware, and we get up close and personal with authors Robert Dugoni, Sandra Brown, Alyssa Cole, Nancy Jooyoun Kim, Wendy Walker and dozens more. The September issue of The Big Thrill is packed with thrilling recommendations to transition you into fall—and it’s live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Chuck Palahniuk by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Alyssa Cole by K. L. Romo
- Up Close: Wendy Walker by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Robert Dugoni by Josie Brown
- Up Close: L. C. Shaw by Dawn Ius
- BookTrib Spotlight: David Heska Wanbli Weiden by Neil Nyren
- On the Cover: Ruth Ware by April Snellings
- Up Close: Brian Andrews and Jeffrey Wilson by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Lisa Black by E. M. Powell
- Up Close: Joel Shulkin, MD by Austin S. Camacho
- Up Close: Sandra Brown by Dawn Ius
- Africa Scene: Andrew Harding by Michael Sears
- On the Cover: Nancy Jooyoun Kim by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: August Norman by P. J. Bodnar
- Up Close: Cat Connor by J. H. Bográn
- Up Close: Patrick Kendrick by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Elizabeth Goddard by Jaden Terrell
- AudioFile Spotlight: Five Questions with Narrator Phoebe Strole
- Up Close: Raymond Benson by Tim O’Mara
- Up Close: Iris Johansen by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Brad Parks by Adam Meyer
- Airborne by DiAnn Mills
- The Girl Who Adored Rembrandt by Belle Ami
- Little Deadly Secrets by Pamela Crane
- Fire and Vengeance by Robert McCaw
- The Annihilation Protocol by Michael Laurence
- Disorderly Conduct by Rebecca Zanetti
- Her Shallow Grave by D. K. Hood
- The Obituary Writer: a Murder Novel by Patrick Oster
- The Ninja’s Blade by Tori Eldridge
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Lisa Unger, Dean Koontz, Heather Martin, Ian K. Smith, Tom Ryan, Vincent Zandri, Tim Waggoner, Antony Johnston, Kyle Mills and Vince Flynn, John Connelly, J. J. Hensley, Jeremy Robert Johnson, David Holman, Ellen Butler, Joel W. Barrows, Daniella Bernett, Lee Gimenez, Brandon Barrows, Allen Wyler, Debbie De Louise, Eric J. Guignard, Heather Redmond and many more!
Mega Virtual CraftFest
Missed this event? Mega Virtual CraftFest, including CareerFest, is available to you as a standalone purchase. This is the same event, same content, that was offered with great success during Virtual ThrillerFest XV (2020). If you purchased it earlier you don’t need to register again now.
Mega Virtual CraftFest was part of Virtual ThrillerFest XV – 2020 during the July 6-14th online conference. We paired some of the best thriller writers in the world to discuss the craft of writing in a fabulous set of videos (Vimeo) available at registrants’ convenience. There were over 100 conversations featuring over 200 bestselling authors. See the amazing list of authors here. Mega Virtual CraftFest was very well received by registrants. They were able to enjoy fabulous videos from the safety and comfort of their homes, and you can too!
The unbeatable price for all of this valuable information: $149!
The NEW Big Thrill Book Giveaway
Congratulations to Pat H. and Theresa C. winners of July’s New The Big Thrill Book Giveaway!
They each will received 10 signed thrillers from ITW members.
Next month we’ll draw two new winners, and one of them could be you!
Current and new subscribers welcome.
- The September 2022 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - August 31, 2022
- Between the Lines: Bev Vincent, Interview by Stephen King - August 31, 2022
- Up Close: Cate Holahan - August 31, 2022