What if…Michael Connelly’s beloved Bosch character had stayed the same age throughout the series? Or Tom Cruise hadn’t been chosen to play Jack Reacher on the big screen? Or a real-life series of deadly flash mobs had been choreographed by a villain no one would suspect? Authors lean on the idea of “What if” all the time—but the answers to these questions and more are revealed in this issue of The Big Thrill. Plus we give a shout out to “Career Pursuits”—an exciting new column in our sister publication, The Thrill Begins—Michael Sears talks with African author Oyinkan Braithwaite, and April Snellings goes Between the Lines with literary great Alan Furst. Featuring interviews with more than 30 authors of thrilling suspense—this month’s The Big Thrill is live!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Alan Furst by April Snellings
- 1,001 Dark Nights by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Michael Connelly by R. G. Belsky
- Up Close: Clive Cussler and Boyd Morrison by J. H. Bográn
- Up Close: Lee Child by Dawn Ius
- Career Pursuit: An Interview with Chantelle Aimée Osman
- Up Close: Avanti Centrae by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: Kimberly Gabriel by Dawn Ius
- AudioFile Spotlight: Five Questions with Narrator Nancy Wu
- BookTrib Spotlight: Sharon Hunt by Jim Alkon
- On the Cover: Paula Munier by J. H. Bográn
- Up Close: Andrews and Wilson by Austin Camacho
- Up Close: Chad Zunker by K. L. Romo
- Up Close: Leanna Renee Hieber by Dawn Ius
- BookTrib Spotlight: Julie Mayhew by Neil Nyren
- Africa Scene: Oyinkan Braithwaite by Michael Sears
- Getting Graphic: Gotham Central by Joshua Corin
- The Ninja Daughter by Tori Eldridge
- Barlow by Richard Rowland Billingsley
- Cryptobyte by Cat Connor
- The Cobalt Sky by Keith Dixon
- Break the Silence by D. K. Hood
- High Stakes by John F. Dobbyn
- The Glass Thief by Gigi Pandian
- Let it Snow by Nigel Bird
- Vanishing in the Haight by Max Tomlinson
- The Occult Persuasion and the Anarchist’s Solution by Lisa de Nikolits
- Widow’s Run by T. G. Wolff
- Ball Park by John Farrow
- The Big Crescendo by Jonathan Brown
- Lethal Savage by Dave Edlund
- Past This Point by Nicole Mabry
- Legacy of Fear by A. J. McCarthy
- The Budapest Escape by Bill Rapp
- Crossfire by Lee Gimenez
- Famous in Cedarville by Erica Wright
- Passport to Death by Yigal Zur
- Carnage in Singapore by Randall Krzak
- Maxine Unleashes Doomsday by Nick Kolakowski
- Heaven Has No Rage by Liz Milliron
- Dread of Winter by Susan Alice Bickford
- The Eyes of Texas: Private Eyes from the Panhandle to the Piney Woods by Michael Bracken
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Rick Mofina, Jessica Fletcher and Jon Land, Austin S. Camacho, Nancy J. Cohen, Jeff Lindsay, L. C. Shaw, Steven Max Russo, Susan Sleeman, Joe Clifford, LynDee Walker, Felix Francis, Kylie Brant, Tom Wither, Joe Pistone and Jon Land, William Nikkel, Christina Dodd, Colleen Winter, Joel W. Barrows, M. L. Buchman, Eric J. Guignard, Irene Hannon and many more!
ThrillerFest XV: Advanced Registration is Open!
ThrillerFest XV – 2020 will be held at the Grand Hyatt New York from July 7 – 11, 2020.
Come share in the excitement of another thrilling conference!
We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2020 ThrillerMaster Diana Gabaldon
- 2019 ThrillerMaster John Sandford
- 2020 Silver Bullet Award recipient Michael Connelly
- 2020 Spotlight Guest Veronica Roth
- 2020 Spotlight Guest Joseph Finder
- 2020 Thriller Legend Writers House
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Check out what’s in store for this month. You won’t want to miss it!
November 4 – 10: “Imagine you’re invited to give a two-minute ‘state of industry’ speech to ITW members. What would you say?”
November 11 – 17: “What are the advantages of the new media to bridge readers with authors?”
November 18 – 24: “Story, character, dialogue and setting cliches—love them or hate them?”
November 25 – December 1: NO ROUNDTABLE DUE TO THANKSGIVING
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J. H. Bográn.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
The NEW Big Thrill Book Giveaway
Congratulations to Beverly B. and Jay F., the winners of
October’s New The Big Thrill Book Giveaway!
You could be our next winner!
We will choose 2 more lucky winners to receive 10 signed books each!
But you have to enter to have a chance to win.
Current and new subscribers welcome.
Come and Get Me by August Norman
Final Shadows by Kay Hooper
An Excuse for Murder by Vanessa Westermann
The Girl With 39 Graves by Michael Beres
They All Fall Down by Rachel Howzell Hall
Before She was Found by Heather Gudenkauf
Guarding Savage by Dave Edlund
The Secrets We Bury by Debra Webb
You Will Suffer by Alexandra Ivy
The Cats Came Back by Sofie Kelly
Where Fools Dare to Tread by David William Pearce
Below the Fold by R. G. Belsky
The Dirty Network by A. M. Halvorssen
The Wrong Boy by Cathy Ace
Secret Shepherd: Maidstone Series, Book Two by James Osborne
The Art of Deception by Louise Mangos
Outcry Witness by Thomas Zigal
Hellfire: An Andi Comstock Supernatural Mystery by Ann Simas
Her Secret Son by Hannah Mary McKinnon
Dangerous Alliance by Randall Krzak
CLICK HERE to enter our next Big Thrill Giveaway. You could be our next winner!