Kicking off the New Year with a fresh reading challenge? Good news! We’ve got the perfect thrills to add to your TBR pile, starting with Grady Hendrix’s HOW TO SELL A HAUNTED HOUSE. He talks about the inspiration for his new novel, the economic subtext of haunted house stories, and much more in this Between the Lines feature by April Snellings. Damyanti Biswas chats with Dawn Ius about Indian noir, trying to find joy in the act of writing, and why THE BLUE BAR was her most challenging project to date, and New York Times bestselling author Brad Taylor shares insight into his latest page-turner THE DEVIL’S RANSOM. Plus, Fatin Abbas checks in with us from Africa, Neil Nyren interviews Michael Bennett in this month’s BookTrib Spotlight, AudioFile picks five audiobooks that should be on your listening device, and we get Up Close with Maureen Johnson, James Grippando, Tammy Euliano and more. The January issue of The Big Thrill is live now—and you can read it here.
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Grady Hendrix by April Snellings
- New Thrills! ITW Member New Releases for January 2023
- On the Cover: Damyanti Biswas by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: James Grippando by K.L. Romo
- Up Close: Maureen Johnson by Dawn Ius
- BookTrib Spotlight: Michael Bennett by Neil Nyren
- On the Cover: Brad Taylor by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: Rebecca Kelley by Mindy Carlson
- Africa Scene: Fatin Abbas by Michael Sears
- Up Close: Tammy Euliano by Rick Pullen
- Up Close: Peter Kirsanow by José H. Bográn
- AudioFile Spotlight: Mystery and Suspense Audiobooks for January
ThrillerFest XVIII – Advance Registration Is Open!
2023 ThrillerMaster: Walter Mosley
2023 Silver Bullet Award Recipient: Michael Connelly
2023 Spotlight Guest: Jack Carr
2023 Spotlight Guest: Oyinkan Braithwaite
2023 Thriller Legend: Minotaur Books
2023 Thriller Fan: John Berylson
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Lexie Elliott, Deborah Crombie, Mark Greaney, Gregg Hurwitz, Elle Cosimano, Jonathan Kellerman, Charles Todd, Rachel Koller Croft, Kimberly G. Giarratano, Stephen Graham Jones, K.L. Cerra, Jumata Emill, Rachel Koller Croft, Ed Aymar, Leah Konen, C.J. Tudor and many more!
ThrillerFest XVII – Audio Recordings!
Don’t miss a single class, panel, or interview!
Take a minute to fill out the short form and let us know which sessions you are interested in, and we’ll send you a secure payment link.
Save $$$ on full sets of CraftFest & ThrillerFest!
Easy-to-play, universal mp3 format and a one-year replacement guarantee with every order.
CLICK HERE to download the mp3 order form.
CLICK HERE to listen to a sample recording.