Read the stories that were in the September edition of The Big Thrill.
Successful thriller writers stay ahead by changing up characters and location, and in the September issue Nelson DeMille reveals his strategy for his new book. You’ll hear from other powerhouse novelists like Sue Grafton, Jeff Abbott, J. T. Ellison, Kyle Mills, Mark Pryor, Debra Webb, and Diane Capri.
In “Trend Report,” Dawn Ius reports on the rise of the woman action hero in both films and fiction, not without controversy it seems. We’ve got a great “Debut Spotlight” conversation with David McCaleb chatting with J. J. Hensley. And in “Africa Scene,” Michael Sears talks to Kwei Quartey of Ghana.
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Nelson DeMille by Alex Segura
- Trend Report: Women Action Heroes by Dawn Ius
- Africa Scene: Kwei Quartey by Michael Sears
- Debut Author Spotlight: David McCaleb by J.J. Hensley
- Turning Point: Jeff Abbott by R. G. Belsky
- Up Close: Sue Grafton by Nancy Bilyeau
- Up Close: J. T. Ellison by Wendy Tyson
- Up Close: Mark Pryor by Austin Camacho
- Up Close: Debra Webb by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Kyle Mills by Alison McMahan
- Up Close: Brad Abraham by April Snellings
- Trace Evidence by Diane Capri
- A Tale Of Two Kitties by Sofie Kelly
- Murder on Pea Pike by Jean Harrington
- Crazed by Jacob Stone
- Reload by David McCaleb
- After the Ides by Peter Tonkin
- Dieting Can be Murder by Susan Santangelo
- A Particular Darkness by Robert E. Dunn
- Choke by Lisa Towles
- Nothing You Can Do: Stories by Ed Kurtz
- The Han Agent by Amy Rogers
- Idyll Fears by Stephanie Gayle
- Crown of Souls by Ronie Kendig
- Midnight Fever by Lisa Marie Rice
- Three Hours Past Midnight by Tony Knighton
- Wendigo by Vaughn C. Hardacker
- The Dead of Night by Jean Rabe
- A Better Kind of Hate by Beau Johnson
- The Lucky Ones by Mark Edwards
- The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri
- Cardiac Event by Richard L. Mabry
- Apocalypse by Midnight by Suzanne Robb
- A Promise to Kill by Erik Storey
- Murder in Disguise by Mary Miley
- Guiltless by Mollie Blake
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Heather Graham, Jon McGoran, Raymond Benson, Allen Eskens, Charles Todd, Sophie Hannah, Liv Constantine, Melinda Leigh, Neil S. Plakcy, William Patrick Hackett, Brian Randall, Lise McClendon, Patricia Hale, Wendy Byrne, Gigi Pandian, C.E. Lawrence, Nancy J. Cohen, Ann Simas, Gordon Brown, Rich Zahradnik, R. Barri Flowers, Bob Bickford, J. J. Hensley, Joyce Tremel and many more!
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Check out what’s in store for September. You won’t want to miss it!
September 4 – 10: “Describe some of the best symbolism employed in thrillers in recent years.”
September 11 – 17: “People who don’t have jobs can become quite desperate and disheartened. Describe fiction’s regard and disregard for the long-term unemployed.”
September 18 – 24: “Russia still plays a key role in thrillers. What are some other countries that might take center stage in the future?”
September 25 – October 1: “Comedy and Humor in the thriller genre: Is it difficult to write comedy or humor into thriller novels? Is it necessary, desired, or just a tool to release the tension in some needed spots?”
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J.H. Bográn.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Michael Saitas, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Michael will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Enigma by Catherine Coulter, Paradise Valley by C. J. Box, Lie To Me by J.T. Ellison, Idyll Fears by Stephanie Gayle, If You Should Read This, Mother by Vivian Rhodes, The Coldest Fear by Debra Webb, Beyond Reason by Kat Martin, A Promise to Kill by Erik Storey and Shallow Grave by Brian Thiem.
All subscribers to The Big Thrill magazine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to The Big Thrill.