Sizzling summer reading continues at The Big Thrill as we step into August. Join R.G. Belsky as he chatted with #1 New York Times bestselling author Kathy Reichs to discuss Book #22 in the Temperance Brennan series, THE BONE HACKER. Adam Meyer spent time with New York Times bestselling author Michael Koryta to talk about curiosity and what motivates him as an author. Mindy Carlson got to the heart of FIRE WITH FIRE when she joined New York Times bestselling author Candice Fox to discuss unlikely team pairings and writing sympathetic villains. Former executive and producer at Court TV and HLN, Wendy Whitman, spoke with John B. Valeri to discuss her transition from television to novels and how she endeavors to balance entertainment with enlightenment, and Don Helin sat down with James L’Etoile to chat about his most recent novel, DEVIL WITHIN, the sequel to the Anthony and the Lefty Award-nominated book, Drop Dead. Millie Naylor Hast spent time with the creator of The Thriller Mavens podcast, Sara DiVello, as she makes her true crime thriller debut with BROADWAY BUTTERFLY. Michael Sears highlights SINS OF THE FATHER, the newest release from former deputy prosecutor at the International Criminal Court, Dire Tladi. K.L. Romo played roving ThrillerFest ITW reporter as she spoke with first-time ThrillerFest attendees to get their post-conference comments in the ThrillerFest After Party. In the August BookTrib spotlight, Neil Nyren introduces fans to debut author Megan Davis, and The Big Thrill Recommends team offers exciting August reads.
Look for more on the latest thrillers from Kirsty Manning, Kelly J. Ford, Sarah Pekkanen, James Rollins, Shari Lapena, and more in mid-August.
- Kathy Reichs: Sun, Sand, and a Series of Murders by R.G. Belsky
- Michael Koryta: Hard Fought Redemption by Adam Meyer
- Candice Fox: Vengeance, Villains, and a Missing Child by Mindy Carlson
- International Thrills: Dire Tladi: Justice on an International Scale by Michael Sears
- Putting the Truth in Fiction: Wendy Whitman on RETRIBUTION by John B. Valeri
- James L’Etoile: Coyotes, Chaos, and Carnage by Don Helin
- Sara Divello: BROADWAY BUTTERFLY: Glamour…Money…and Murder by Millie Naylor Hast
- ThrillerFest After Party – So What Did You Think? by K.L. Romo
- The Big Thrill Recommends: NORTH OF NOWHERE by Allison Brennan Recommended by Tracey Devlyn
- The Big Thrill Recommends: A Denise Mina Doubleheader, THREE FIRES and THE SECOND MURDERER Recommended by Neil Nyren
- The Big Thrill Recommends: THE HOUSEWIFE ASSASSIN’S GAMBIT by Josie Brown Recommended by Ellen Quint
- The Big Thrill Recommends: I KNOW WHAT YOU DID by Cayce Osborne Recommended by Robyn Bonavita
- The Big Thrill Recommends: LONG WALTZ by Sidney Williams Recommended by Millie Naylor Hast
- BookTrib Spotlight: THE MESSENGER By Megan Davis by Neil Nyren
- AudioFile Spotlight: Mystery and Suspense Audiobooks for August
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Karin Slaughter, Lee Goldberg, Boyd Morrison, Beth Morrison, Craig Johnson, Ava Glass, Rachel Harrison, Lou Berney, and many more!
ThrillerFest XIX – Early Bird Registration Is Open!
Sheraton Times Square
May 28 – June 1, 2024
2024 ThrillerMaster: Dennis Lehane
2024 Silver Bullet Award Recipient: Louise Penny
2024 Spotlight Guest: Steph Cha
2024 Spotlight Guest: Ruth Ware
2024 Thriller Legend: Audible
2024 Thriller Fan: Ayo Onatade
ThrillerFest XVIII – Audio Recordings – Place Your Order Today!
Don’t miss a single class, panel, or interview!
Take a minute to fill out the short form and let us know which sessions you are interested in, and we’ll send you a secure payment link.
Save $$$ on full sets of CraftFest & ThrillerFest!
Easy-to-play, universal mp3 format and a one-year replacement guarantee with every order.
CLICK HERE to download the mp3 order form.
CLICK HERE to listen to a sample recording.
ITW’s Tenth Annual Online Thriller School – Registration is Open!
Ten Weeks of Intensive Craft Lessons
Join J.D. Barker, Kimberly Belle, May Cobb, Gabino Iglesias, Jean Kwok, Meryl Moss, Sarah Pekkanen, Doug Preston, Jeneva Rose and Lisa Unger!
In this TEN-week program, which begins September 12, 2023, the craft of thriller writing will be front and center. Each instructor will teach an aspect of craft during a live Zoom session, will provide written materials for further reading along with study suggestions (when applicable), and will offer live Q&A with the attending students. Classes will be held every Tuesday at 1:00pm Eastern and will run for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours, including live Q&A.
Also includes two bonus panels:
Q&A with bestselling authors Clare Mackintosh and Ruth Ware
What Makes a Literary Agent Go “Wow” with Jenny Bent, Jeff Kleinman & Barbara Poelle
The goal is simple: To make each student a better writer.
The bestselling authors and industry experts will delve into the following topics:
Structure, Setting, Character, Villains, Conflict, the Pitch, Twists, Endings, Revision & Emotion.
Attendance is limited, and we sell out every year, so please REGISTER TODAY!
Registration for the ten-week online course is $495.
CLICK HERE to read the full 2023 schedule, FAQ, and instructor bios.
Please note: All classes are recorded. The recordings are typically available within a few hours of the conclusion of the class, and we make those available to the students right away. You’ll also have access to the recordings for at least 1 year after the class is over.
If you have any questions that are not addressed below or on the ThrillerWriters.org website please email ITW’s Technology Coordinator, Christopher Graham at ITWOnline@thrillerwriters.