It’s with great sadness that we acknowledge the passing of two legendary members of the literary community in the last two months—Mary Higgins Clark and Clive Cussler were not only heroes in the mystery and thriller world, but their impact reaches to the far corners of the universe. They will be greatly missed. In this issue, we pay tribute to the “Queen of Suspense” with an ICONS feature by April Snellings that highlights Mary Higgins Clark’s tremendous influence in the writing community. We’ll do the same for Clive Cussler in April. Both of these great authors paved the way for thriller and mystery writers—both seasoned and aspiring—and in this issue, we get the scoop on new books by some of your favorite writers including Steve Berry, Meg Gardiner, Jason Pinter, Wendy Tyson, James Rollins and dozens more. Plus, Dawn Ius talks to Kathy Reichs about what it’s like to slip back into Temperance Brennan’s skin after a four-year hiatus. The March issue of The Big Thrill is live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- ICONS: Mary Higgins Clark by April Snellings
- On the Cover: Jason Pinter by Adam Meyer
- Up Close: Andrea Bartz by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Steve Berry by J. H. Bográn
- Up Close: James Grippando by Rick Pullen
- Career Pursuit: An Interview with Laurie R. King
- On the Cover: Meg Gardiner by April Snellings
- Up Close: James Rollins by K. L. Romo
- Up Close: Kathy Reichs by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Clive Cussler and Graham Brown by J. H. Bográn
- BookTrib Spotlight: Stephanie Wrobel by Neil Nyren
- On the Cover: Robert Desiderio by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Harlan Coben by April Snellings
- Up Close: Rachel Amphlett by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: Hilary Davidson by Dawn Ius
- AudioFile Spotlight: Daniel José Older on the Power of Writing and the Spoken Word
- Up Close: Lori Rader-Day by Wendy Tyson
- Up Close: Christine Feehan by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Charles Todd by E. M. Powell
- Up Close: Wendy Tyson by Dawn Ius
- BookTrib Spotlight: M. L. Huie by Judy Moreno
- Chasing the White Lion by James R. Hannibal
- Here Comes the Body by Maria DiRico
- Blame The Dead by Ed Ruggero
- All of Them to Burn by Beau Johnson
- Death in the Family by Tessa Wegert
- Kaanapali Beach Paradise by R. Barri Flowers
- Con Me Once by J. L. Delozier
- The Curse She Wore by Jordan Dane
- Her Broken Wings by D. K. Hood
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Sarah Zettel, Jennifer Hillier, Menna van Praag, J. D. Barker, Dean Koontz, Marcia Clark, Clarissa Goenawan, Humphrey Hawksley, Linda Howard & Linda Jones, Tim O’Mara, Matthew Quirk, Lisa Harris, Cara Putman, Katharine Schellman, Melinda Leigh, Sarah M. Chen and E. A. Aymar, Tim Waggoner, Jerry Kennealy, C. S. O’Cinneide, Jennifer J. Chow, Richard Z. Santos, J. T. Brannan and many more!
ITW’s Seventh Annual Online Thriller School Starts March 23!
Eight Weeks! Eight Bestselling Authors!
Includes a Bonus Learn-to-Pitch Session!
Join Allison Brennan, Grant Blackwood, Steven James, Peter James,
Raymond Khoury, Hank Phillippi Ryan, Karen Dionne, and Kathleen Antrim!
In this eight-week program, which begins March 23, 2020, the craft of thriller writing will be front and center. Each instructor will teach an aspect of craft though a Facebook Live video, written materials that include further reading and study suggestions, and an entire week of online Q&A with the registered students. The goal is simple: To make each student a better writer.
Attendance is limited, and we sold out last year.
ThrillerFest XV: Registration is Open!
ThrillerFest XV – 2020 will be held at the Grand Hyatt New York from July 7 – 11, 2020.
Come share in the excitement of another thrilling conference!
We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2020 ThrillerMaster Diana Gabaldon
- 2019 ThrillerMaster John Sandford
- 2020 Silver Bullet Award recipient Michael Connelly
- 2020 Spotlight Guest Veronica Roth
- 2020 Spotlight Guest Joseph Finder
- 2020 Thriller Legend Writers House
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discusses everything from what they love about writing thrillers to what they’ve learned, and more.
Check out what’s in store for this month. You won’t want to miss it!
March 16 – 22: “How do you distance yourself from the characters you write? Or do you?”
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J. H. Bográn.
The NEW Big Thrill Book Giveaway
Congratulations to David P. and Linda L. winners of February’s New The Big Thrill Book Giveaway!
They each received 10 signed thrillers from ITW members.
Get a jump on our next contest below. You could be our next winner!
Current and new subscribers welcome.
- The January 2021 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - December 31, 2020
- BookTrib Spotlight: Ashley Audrain - December 31, 2020
- AudioFile Spotlight: Favorite Crime Fiction Sidekicks - December 31, 2020