February heats up with a batch of page-turning new thrillers guaranteed to get your heart racing. Joseph Finder takes us behind the scenes of his new Nick Heller thriller HOUSE ON FIRE, M. J. Rose transports us back in time for a mystery that involves the coveted Hope Diamond, and Joe Ide provides insight into why some aspiring authors may struggle to get out of the slush pile. Plus, this month’s Africa Scene takes us into the imagination of author Peter Church, David Morrell talks publishing advice in Career Pursuit, and our staff gets the scoop on more than 30 red-hot new releases you’ll want to add to your TBR, STAT. Get ready to fall in love—our February issue is live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Joseph Finder by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: M. J. Rose by Elaine Powell
- Up Close: Mark Greaney by J. H. Bográn
- Up Close: C. J. Tudor by April Snellings
- Up Close: Michael Stanley by Steve Vincent
- Up Close: Mark Alpert by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Joe Ide by April Snellings
- Up Close: Allison Brennan by Millie Naylor Hast
- Up Close: Robert Dugoni by Josie Brown
- Up Close: James W. Ziskin by R. G. Belsky
- Career Pursuit: An Interview with David Morrell
- Africa Scene: Peter Church by Michael Sears
- On the Cover: Basil Sands by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Annette Dashofy by Wendy Tyson
- Up Close: Gregg Hurwitz by Adam Meyer
- Up Close: Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child by J. H. Bográn
- BookTrib Spotlight: Alexis Schaitkin by Neil Nyren
- Up Close: Bruce Robert Coffin by K. L. Romo
- Up Close: Walter Mosley by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Luanne Rice by K. L. Romo
- AudioFile Spotlight: Five Chilling Thrillers for February
- Deadly Anthem by David Healey
- Highest Law by R. J. Pineiro
- Mortal Music by Ann Parker
- Collision of Lies by Tom Threadgill
- I Know Where You Sleep by Alan Orloff
- A Palette for Love and Murder by Saralyn Richard
- Spiral by Khaled Talib
- The Lantern Man by Jon Bassoff
- Stalk Kill Howl by A. J. Davidson
- Scorched Grounds by Debbie Herbert
- Vendetta Road by Christine Feehan
- The Apollo Deception by Mitch Silver
- In the Cut by Frank Zafiro
- Behind Every Lie by Christina McDonald
- All the Silent Voices by Elena Mikalsen
- Silent Threat by Jeff Gunhus
- The Woodstock Murders by James D. Robertson
- The Good Killer by Harry Dolan
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Meg Gardiner, Steve Berry, Harlan Coben, James Rollins, Clive Cussler & Graham Brown, Jason Pinter, Andrea Bartz, C. J. Box, Don Bentley, Joel C. Rosenberg, Linda Howard & Linda Jones, Rachel Amphlett, James Grippando, Lori Rader-Day, Christine Feehan, R. Barri Flowers, Marcia Clark, Wendy Tyson, James R. Hannibal, Maria DiRico, Tessa Wegert, Beau Johnson, Ed Ruggero and many more!
ITW’s Online Thriller School is Back!
Eight Weeks! Eight Bestselling Authors!
Includes a Bonus Learn-to-Pitch Session!
Join Allison Brennan, Grant Blackwood, Steven James, Peter James,
Raymond Khoury, Hank Phillippi Ryan, Karen Dionne, and Kathleen Antrim!
In this eight-week program, which begins March 23, 2020, the craft of thriller writing will be front and center. Each instructor will teach an aspect of craft though a Facebook Live video, written materials that include further reading and study suggestions, and an entire week of online Q&A with the registered students. The goal is simple: To make each student a better writer.
Attendance is limited, and we sold out last year.
ThrillerFest XV: Registration is Open!
ThrillerFest XV – 2020 will be held at the Grand Hyatt New York from July 7 – 11, 2020.
Come share in the excitement of another thrilling conference!
We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2020 ThrillerMaster Diana Gabaldon
- 2019 ThrillerMaster John Sandford
- 2020 Silver Bullet Award recipient Michael Connelly
- 2020 Spotlight Guest Veronica Roth
- 2020 Spotlight Guest Joseph Finder
- 2020 Thriller Legend Writers House
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discusses everything from what they love about writing thrillers to what they’ve learned, and more.
Check out what’s in store for this month. You won’t want to miss it!
February 3 – 9: “How do you determine when a story is ready?”
February 10 – 16: “How can love drive the plot of a thriller story, or in the words of Tina Turner: ‘What’s love got to do with it?'”
February 17 – 23: “Developing the antagonist when a love interest goes bad: are broken-hearted villains suspenseful?”
February 24 – March 1: “Crossing genre takes great skill. Please discuss stories that have succeeded at it.”
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J. H. Bográn.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
The NEW Big Thrill Book Giveaway
We’re celebrating 2020 with a New The Big Thrill Book Giveaway!
You could be February’s winner!
On February 12 we will choose 2 more lucky winners to receive 10 signed books each!
But you have to enter to have a chance to win.
Current and new subscribers welcome.
A Single Light by Tosca Lee
You Only Live Once by Haris Orkin
Lethal Agent by Vince Flynn and Kyle Mills
The Big Book of Reel Murders: Stories That Inspired Great Crime Films edited by Otto Penzler
The Preserve by Steve Anderson