Read the stories that were in the August edition of The Big Thrill.
In this issue of The Big Thrill, authors share how they rise to the challenge of not only meeting, but exceeding reader expectations–Karin Slaughter explores a new method of writing in her latest Will Trent novel, David Baldacci surprises fans with a new book and a new character set in a new era, Steve Berry and M. J. Rose return to their storytelling roots, and Sandra Brown delivers a more complex—-but very much on-brand—-romantic suspense. April Snellings gets the scoop on Rob Hart’s buzz-worthy book and movie deal in Tales from the Script, Alex Segura ends his series on a high note, and Hank Phillippi Ryan shares insight into one of this summer’s most-anticipated reads. All this, plus interviews with more than 20 authors of hot new releases.
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Karin Slaughter by April Snellings
- Tales From the Script: Rob Hart Hits Jackpot with Dystopian Thriller by April Snellings
- ITW Shorts: Steve Berry and M. J. Rose by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Hallie Ephron by K. L. Romo
- Up Close: Hank Phillippi Ryan by R. G. Belsky
- Up Close: Sandra Brown by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Alex Segura by April Snellings
- AudioFile: Getting an Earful at ThrillerFest
- ITW Award Follow-up: The Thrill of Winning by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Preston and Child by J. H. Bográn
- Up Close: David Baldacci by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Lynn Chandler Willis by Jaden Terrel
- BookTrib Spotlight: Alex North by Neil Nyren
- Needled to Death by Annelise Ryan
- True Believer by Jack Carr
- Pride, Prejudice and Poison by Elizabeth Blake
- The Favorite Daughter by Kaira Rouda
- The Subject of Malice by Cynthia Kuhn
- Rules of War by Matthew Betley
- Whisht Hall by Jane Jordan
- Storm Rising by Ronie Kendig
- The String by Caleb Breakey
- Taken to Die by Ann Simas
- Buried by Ellison Cooper
- Disappeared by J. T. Brannan
- Hot Roll by Patricia McLinn
- Second Sight by Aoife Clifford
- Grave Expectations by Heather Redmond
- Purpose of Evasion by J. A. Walsh
- Fishermen’s Court by Andrew Wolfendon
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Linwood Barclay, David Morrell, Kira Peikoff, Lisa Unger, Reece Hirsch, Kat Martin, Laura McHugh, Don Helin, DiAnn Mills, Catharine Riggs, Peter Steiner, Steve Anderson, Diana Deverell, Eric J. Guignard, Sue Coletta, R. Barri Flowers, Joanna Davidson Politano, Christopher Brown and many more!
ThrillerFest XV: Registration Coming Soon
ThrillerFest XV – 2020 will be held at the Grand Hyatt New York from July 7 – 11, 2020.
ThrillerFest 2019 was a fabulous success! Thank you to all the attendees for choosing the premier conference for thriller lovers. We sincerely enjoyed seeing you, and hope to see you again in 2020!
Attendees tucked away many memories and tips to help with their craft. New friendships were made and established ones renewed. Thriller Award winners were announced at the banquet.
Looking forward, ThrillerFest XV – 2020 will be held from July 7 – 11. Our team is already working on another terrific experience for you.
Registration for 2020 will open in September 2019 with Early Bird Rates. Come share in the excitement of another thrilling conference!
Diana Gabaldon is the author of the award-winning, #1 New York Times bestselling Outlander novels, which have been adapted for television. Her books smoothly blend multiple genres: mystery, adventure, historical fiction, romance, and science fiction/fantasy. Learn more about Diana on her website.
In case you weren’t able to be in multiple places at once at ThrillerFest, you have the opportunity to purchase recordings of sessions, including interviews and panels, you missed. Click on the image above to select individual sessions or relive the entire conference (or previous conferences).
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Check out what’s in store for this month. You won’t want to miss it!
August 5 – 11: “How to interweave seamlessly the plots, the sub-plots, and filler scenes?”
August 12 – 18: “What is voice, and what advice can you give to aspiring writers to find their own?”
August 19 – 25: “How do you separate yourself from the characters you write? Or do you?”
August 26 – September 1: “Besides thrillers, what other genres do you love to read/write?”
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J. H. Bográn.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!