‘Tis the season for reading—and the thrillers featured in this issue of The Big Thrill will keep you up long after Santa has come and gone. April Snellings gets the scoop on a new book—and new series—from the brilliant creator of Dexter, Jeff Lindsay; K. L. Romo interviews Jon Land about two exciting new releases; Dawn Ius chats with L. C. Shaw about her twisty conspiracy thriller; plus, the lowdown on more than 20 new books from authors like Austin S. Camacho, Colleen Winter, Rick Mofina and more! And, don’t miss AudioFile’s Best Audio Books of 2019. We’ve got your holiday reading covered—the December issue is live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines: Jeff Lindsay by April Snellings
- On the Cover: Austin S. Camacho by J. H. Bográn
- Up Close: Jon Land by K. L. Romo
- Up Close: Rick Mofina by Rick Pullen
- Africa Scene: Johan Jack Smith by Michael Sears
- Up Close: L. C. Shaw by Dawn Ius
- Up Close: Tracey S. Phillips by K. L. Romo
- BookTrib Spotlight: Eliza Nellums by Neil Nyren
- Up Close: Nancy J. Cohen by Dawn Ius
- AudioFile’s Best Audio Books of 2019
- Getting Graphic: Golgo 13 by Joshua Corin
- Career Pursuit: An Interview with Doug Richardson
- Skunk Train by Joe Clifford
- Strangers She Knows by Christina Dodd
- Down the Darkest Road by Kylie Brant
- The Dead Don’t Sleep by Steven Max Russo
- Seconds to Live by Susan Sleeman
- Guilty Not Guilty by Felix Francis
- Hostile Waters by William Nikkel
- Leave No Stone by LynDee Walker
- Rogue Sentinel by Tom Wither
- Richter Watkins, A Final Farewell
- The Gatherer by Colleen Winter
- Drone by M. L. Buchman
- Dark Ambitions by Irene Hannon
- Cradle to Grave by Rachel Amphlett
- Don’t Be Home for Christmas by Richard Wickliffe
- The Legendary Wolf by Ammar Habib
- Deadly Deceit by Natalie Walters
- Lost Tomorrows by Matt Coyle
- Deep Green Cover by Joel W. Barrows
- Exploring Dark Short Fiction #4: A Primer to Jeffrey Ford by Eric J. Guignard
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Brad Taylor, J. T. Ellison, Iris & Roy Johansen, Mark Alpert, Nancy Bilyeau, Chris Hauty, Bryan Gruley, Renee Patrick, David William Pearce, Timothy S. Johnston, Lawrence Kelter, Michaelbrent Collings, James D. Robertson, Phil Kurthausen, Cathi Stoler, Kendra Elliot, Lynette Eason, Lisa Black, Simon Wood, Jess Montgomery and many more!
ThrillerFest XV: Advanced Registration is Open!
ThrillerFest XV – 2020 will be held at the Grand Hyatt New York from July 7 – 11, 2020.
Come share in the excitement of another thrilling conference!
We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2020 ThrillerMaster Diana Gabaldon
- 2019 ThrillerMaster John Sandford
- 2020 Silver Bullet Award recipient Michael Connelly
- 2020 Spotlight Guest Veronica Roth
- 2020 Spotlight Guest Joseph Finder
- 2020 Thriller Legend Writers House
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers to what they’ve learned, and more.
Check out what’s in store for this month. You won’t want to miss it!
December 2 – 8: “Do day jobs get in the way of writing thrillers – and when do they help?”
December 9 – 15: “Can there be too many surprises in a thriller plot? Must each thrill help move the plot?”
December 16 – 22: “Die Hard is considered the best Christmas movie while being a thriller. What thriller novels remind you of Christmas?”
December 23 – 29: NO ROUNDTABLE
December 30 – January 5: NO ROUNDTABLE
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J. H. Bográn.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- December 9 – 15: “Can there be too many surprises in a thriller plot?” - December 8, 2019
- The December 2019 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - December 1, 2019
- Career Pursuit: An Interview with Doug Richardson - December 1, 2019