We’re falling into the season with the latest harvest of thrillers from bestselling authors such as Lisa Unger, Linwood Barclay, Kat Martin, David Morrell and Iris Johansen. In a new The Big Thrill column, Joshua Corin gives us an introduction to crime-inspired comics and graphic novels. Plus, Africa’s Louisa Treger talks about the woman who inspired her new novel The Dragon Lady, and we get the scoop on more than a dozen new books to add to your TBR. Cozy up for fall—the September issue of The Big Thrill is live now!
Hot off the press:
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- On the Cover: David Morrell by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Kira Peikoff by K. L. Romo
- Getting Graphic: Sequential Crime by Joshua Corin
- Up Close: Kat Martin by Millie Hast
- Up Close: Don Helin by J. H. Bográn
- On the Cover: Laura McHugh by Jaden Terrell
- On the Cover: Lisa Unger by Dawn Ius
- On the Cover: Linwood Barclay by Dawn Ius
- Africa Scene: Louisa Treger by Michael Sears
- Up Close: Reece Hirsch by Tim O’Mara
- Up Close: Iris Johansen by Dawn Ius
- AudioFile: Binge-Worthy Seasonal Mystery Listening by Ellen Quint
- BookTrib Spotlight: Shari Lapena by Casey Barrett
- Doorways to the Deadeye by Eric J. Guignard
- Fatal Strike by DiAnn Mills
- The Good Cop by Peter Steiner
- What She Never Said by Catharine Riggs
- Lay Bare the Lie by Diana Deverell
- Night Killers: A Crime Thriller by R. Barri Flowers
- Finding Lady Enderly by Joanna Davidson Politano
- The Preserve by Steve Anderson
- Racked: Grafton County Series, #4 by Sue Coletta
- Rule of Capture by Christopher Brown
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from D. P. Lyle MD, Raymond Benson, Vanessa Lillie, J.J. Hensley, Tosca Lee, Steven James, Raymond Khoury, Jaden Terrel, J. A. Jance, Tess Gerritsen, Clay McLeod Chapman, Susan Wiggs, Casey Barrett, Bill Brewer, Stephen Chbosky, James S. Murray and Darren Wearmouth, Kyle Mills and Vince Flynn, Eric J. Gates, Nicola Marsh, Robert J. Randisi, Tara Laskowski, J. T. Patten, Marietta Miles, Elizabeth Goddard, Robert Ellis and many more!
Online Career School: Registration is Open!
ITW’s Online Career School is Back by Popular Demand!
Registration is now open for the Fall 2019 classes, starting October 7th!
Have you signed a book deal and are now anxiously awaiting publication? Do book tours and social media expectations overwhelm you? Are you a frustrated author looking for discovery? Do you feel like you need better tools to help you with the “business of writing?”
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, then this eight-week online course is perfect for you! Let the experts teach you step-by-step how to succeed in publishing!
The cost for this intensive, eight-week course is $495. CLICK HERE to learn more!
ThrillerFest XV: Early Bird Registration Coming Soon!
ThrillerFest XV – 2020 will be held at the Grand Hyatt New York from July 7 – 11, 2020.
Registration for 2020 will open in September 2019 with Early Bird Rates. Come share in the excitement of another thrilling conference!
We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2020 ThrillerMaster Diana Gabaldon
- 2019 ThrillerMaster John Sandford
- 2020 Silver Bullet Award recipient Michael Connelly
- 2020 Spotlight Guest Veronica Roth
- 2020 Spotlight Guest Joseph Finder
- 2020 Thriller Legend Writers House
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Check out what’s in store for this month. You won’t want to miss it!
September 2 – 8: “Wearing two hats: How do you combine or overcome the challenges of being both an agent/editor and a published author?”
September 9 – 15: “What are high stakes and why are they important?”
September 16 – 22: “Do you prefer to read a print book or on an E-Reader and why?”
September 23 – 29: “Are thriller authors particularly pressured to write fast?”
September 30 – October 6: “What’s one myth about being an author you’d like to debunk?”
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J. H. Bográn.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- September 16 – 22: “Do you prefer to read a print book or on an E-Reader, and why?” - September 15, 2019
- September 9 – 15: “What are high stakes and why are they important?” - September 8, 2019
- September 2 – 8: “How do you overcome the challenges of being both an agent/editor and a published author? - September 1, 2019