Happy New Year!
The Big Thrill is kicking off 2015 right with a Between the Lines interview with #1 New York Times bestselling author Tami Hoag, who talks about her writing life, her latest blockbuster, Cold Cold Heart, and some things you surely didn’t know about the acclaimed author.
Also this month, our International Thrills series is back with J. F. Penn’s in-depth interview with bestselling UK thriller author Scott Mariani. And on the Africa Scene, Michael Sears brings us a fascinating 2014 Roundup.
The Big Thrill leads off the first month of the new year with a first of its own, a vignette by an ITW author, The Room by Barry-nominated author Tim O’Mara.
As if that weren’t enough, we also have interviews with more than thirty authors—all members of the International Thriller Writers—about their incredible new releases.
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- Between the Lines with New York Times Bestselling Author Tami Hoag by Julie Kramer
- Special to the Big Thrill: The Room by Tim O’Mara
- International Thrills: An Interview with Bestselling UK Thriller Author Scott Mariani by J. F. Penn
- Africa Scene: A 2014 Roundup by Michael Sears
- Cane and Abe by James Grippando
- A String of Beads by Thomas Perry
- Doing the Devil’s Work by Bill Loehfelm
- The German Agent by J. Sydney Jones
- The Blood of The Fifth Knight by E. M. Powell
- The Black Madonna by Linda Lee Kane
- Done In One by Grant Jerkins & Jan Thomas
- White Plague by James Abel
- Conch Town Girl by Daniel J. Barrett
- Tunnel Vision by Susan Adrian
- Amazon Burning by Victoria Griffith
- Paw and Order by Diane Kelly
- Nun Too Soon by Alice Loweecey
- After the Fall by Patricia Gussin
- Viking Bay by M. A. Lawson
- Shadow of Doubt by Nancy Cole Silverman
- Broken Bonds by Karen Harper
- Buried by Elizabeth Goddard
- Gideon by Alex Gordon
- The Voice In My Ear by Ken Newman
- Frozen Grave by Lee Weeks
- Little Boy Blu by Cara Brookins
- Where the Bones Are Buried by Jeanne Matthews
- Deadly Ruse: A Mac McClellan Mystery by E. Michael Helms
- The God Hunter by Tim Lees
- Veiled Intentions by Eileen Carr
- Retribution by Annie Rose Alexander
- The Blue Journal by L. T. Graham
- The Problem with Second Chances by Jana Hollifield
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Lisa Gardner, Tim O’Mara, Lisa Unger, Kat Martin, Jack Getze, Ryan Quinn, Merry Jones, Susan Froetschel, Jamie Mason, Jeffrey B. Burton, Sandra Block, Gigi Pandian, Trisha Leaver & Lindsay Currie, Douglass Seaver, Brian Pinkerton, Paige Tyler, Lisa von Biela, S.L. Ellis, Ken Oxman, Mike Pace, Karen Rose, Jon Wilson and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- The Trap by L. J. Sellers
- First We Kill All the Zombies by Connie Flynn
- Fugitives by David DeLee
- Sarah of the Romani by Tom Calen
- Vampire Classmates (A Transylvanica High Short) by R. Barri Flowers
- Frame Shop by Donald J. Bingle
- Deadman’s Revenge by Linell Jeppsen
- Sins of the Father by James Macomber
- The Assassin Lotus by David Angsten
- Ashfall (The Wasteland Trilogy #1) by Denise A. Agnew
- Forsaken by J.D. Barker
- A Case of Love and Squalor by Steve Myers
- Hollis, P.I. by Gary Phillips
- Midnight Promises by Lisa Marie Rice
- The German Club by Patrick Oster
- The Cotten Stone Omnibus by Lynn Sholes & Joe Moore
- Guns of Brixton by Paul D. Brazill
- A No Good Itch (A J.J. McCall Novel) Book 3 by S.D. Skye
- Terror in East Lansing: The Tale of MSU Serial Killer Donald Miller (A True Crime Short) by R. Barri Flowers
- The Sex Slave Murders 3: The Horrific Tale of Serial Killers Leonard Lake & Charles Ng by R. Barri Flowers
- A Rant of Ravens by Christine Goff
- Her Secret Agent (a Free X-OPS Novella) by Paige Tyler
- The Phone Company by David Jacob Knight
- Project 731 by Jeremy Robinson
- Palmdale by Charles L. Carson
- RVR by Charles L. Carson
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- River City (A Jason Colefield Mystery) by Doc Macomber
- Murdered in the Man Cave (A Riley Reed Cozy Mystery) by R. Barri Flowers
- Bone Pit by Bette Golden Lamb & J. J. Lamb
- Murder Chronicles: A Collection of Chilling True Crime Tales by R. Barri Flowers
- Delirium, London Psychic Book 2 by J.F.Penn
ThrillerFest X – Registration Now Available!
Check out the Thrillerfest website, advance registration now available!
In 2015 we’ll be honoring:
- 2015 ThrillerMaster Nelson DeMille
- 2014 ThrillerMaster Scott Turow
- 2015 Silver Bullet Recipient Kathy Reichs
- 2014 Silver Bullet Recipient Brenda Novak
- 2015 Spotlight guest Mark Billingham
- 2015 Spotlight guest Charlaine Harris
- 2015 Spotlight guest Greg Iles
Some of the highlights of this year’s event include:
- Master CraftFest
- Thriller Awards Banquet
Want to learn more about ThrillerFest? Read a recap of the last ThrillerFest, ThrillerFest IX: Celebrating Ten Years of Innovation by Kimberley Howe and Anthony J. Franze
ITW’s Online ThrillerSchool Returns March 2nd, 2015!
Seven Weeks! Seven Bestselling Authors!
Join Steven James, D.P. Lyle, Robert Dugoni, Gayle Lynds,
Andrew Gross, Linwood Barclay and Heather Graham!
In this seven-week program, which begins March 2nd, 2015, the craft of thriller writing will be front and center. Each instructor will teach an aspect of craft though a podcast, written materials that include further reading and study suggestions, and an entire week of online Q&A with the registered students. The goal is simple: To make each student a better writer.
Like last year, the online school will fill up very quickly, so register soon. Visit ITW’s Online Thriller School for more information.
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J.H. Bográn.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Heather Ash, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Heather will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including The Voice In My Ear by Ken Newman, Shadow of Doubt by Nancy Cole Silverman, Conch Town Girl by Daniel J. Barrett, Amazon Burning by Victoria Griffith, The God Hunter by Tim Less, The Blood of the Fifth Knight by E.M. Powell, Gideon by Alex Gordon, Killer’s Diary by Brian Pinkerton, Lane Changes by S.L. Ellis, One to Go by Mike Pace, Dead Wrong by Patricia Stoltey and End of Secrets by Ryan Quinn.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- December 11 – 17: “What’s your favorite book or movie that combines thrillers with the Holidays?” - December 10, 2017
- December 4 – 10: “Are author blurbs as effective today as they used to be?” - December 3, 2017
- Vineyard Prey by Carole Price - November 30, 2017