Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- A Between the Lines Interview with Kathy Reichs by Dawn Ius
- The Africa Scene: An Interview with Lauren Beukes
- International Thrills: An Interview with Nele Neuhaus
- The Lost Key by Catherine Coulter and J.T. Ellison
- Robert. B. Parker’s Blind Spot, a Jesse Stone Novel by Reed Farrel Coleman
- Tokyo Kill by Barry Lancet
- The Sun is God by Adrian McKinty
- Blood of My Blood by Barry Lyga
- Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke
- Aunty Lee’s Deadly Specials by Ovidia Yu
- Nightmares Can Be Murder by Mary Kennedy
- Sabotage by Matt Cook
- Personal by Lee Child
- The Golden Hour by Todd Moss
- The Betrayed by Heather Graham
- A Hidden Element by Donna Galanti
- Shattered Secrets by Karen Harper
- Game of Fear by Robin Perini
- Edge of Eternity by Ken Follett
- Martini Regrets by Phyllis Smallman
- A Better World by Marcus Sakey
- Deadout by Jon McGoran
- Personal Target by Kay Thomas
- Man Trap by Arlene Kay
- Sweeter Than Sin by Shiloh Walker
- Everyone Lies by A.D. Garrett
- Plagues of Eden by Sharon Linnea and B.K. Sherer
- Father of Fear by Ethan Cross
- Sunblind by Michael McBride
- Lost Legacy by Annette Dashofy
- The Skeleton Takes a Bow by Leigh Perry
- No Time to Die by Kira Peikoff
- The Sixth Extinction by James Rollins
- Cypher by Cathy Perkins
- Calvin’s Head by David Swatling
- Evil in Return by Weyman Jones
- The Button Man by Mark Pryor
- Deadly Bonds by L.J. Sellers
- The Commuter by Patrick Oster
- The Deepest Dark by Joan Hall Hovey
- Die and Stay Dead by Nicholas Kaufmann
- A Cry From the Dust by Carrie Stuart Parks
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Andrew Kaplan, Robert Dugoni, Jon Land, Lisa Black, Terry Shames, Allen Eskens, Rob Brunet, Eric Red, Maria Alexander, Alex Shaw, Valerie Plame and Sarah Lovett, Ethan Reid, Jonathan Maberry, Jarkko Sipila, Dennis Palumbo, Andy McDermott, Lucy A. Snyder, Rex Burns, Christopher J. Yates, James Lilliefors, Colin Campbell, Alan L. Moss, Richard Helms, Janice Gable Bashman, Derek J. Goodman, Terry Shames, David M. Salkin, Joe McKinney, L.R. Nicolello, John Lutz, Mauro Azzano, Bob Van Laerhoven, M.C. Grant, Tom Wither, Diane Fanning, Margo Kelly, Andrew Grant, Tasha Alexander and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- The Advocate’s Felony by Teresa Burrell
- Vandals: A Collection of Young Adult Horror-Suspense Tales by R. Barri Flowers
- The Feathers by Cynthia Lott
- G8 by Mike Brogan
- Secrets of the Kill by Lawrence Kelter
- Cooper’s Haven by Denise A. Agnew
- This Darkness Light by Michaelbrent Collings
- Calculation by Steven P. Marini
- Murdered in the Man Cave (A Riley Reed Cozy Mystery) by R. Barri Flowers
- Psychic Evidence by Carol Costa
- Nobody Wins by Michael Haskins
- Murder in Magenta by Esther Luttrell
- Nobody’s Child by Libby Fischer Hellmann
- Push by Jack Tunney
- Escape Plans by David Sakmyster
- Neutral Mask by Barry Lyga
- Career Day by Barry Lyga
- Astonishing Heroes: Shades of Justice by Gary Phillips
- The Argentine Triangle by Allan Topol
- Original Sin by DP Lyle
- Friends with Benefits by Jenna Bennett
- A Deadly Denial by Kathy Bennett
- Delirium by J.F.Penn
- The Commuter by Patrick Oster
- Fearful Symmetry by Michael McBride
- Crestfallen by Simon Wood
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- The Advocate’s Ex Parte by Teresa Burrell
- The Advocate’s Dilemma by Teresa Burrell
- The Advocate’s Conviction by Teresa Burrell
- The Advocate’s Betrayal by Teresa Burrell
- Summer at Paradise Ranch by R. Barri Flowers
ThrillerFest X – Early Registration Coming Soon!
ThrillerFest X – July 7th – 11th, Grand Hyatt, NYC.
Keep an eye on the Thrillerfest website, early registration starts later this month!
In 2015 we’ll be honoring:
- 2015 ThrillerMaster Nelson DeMille
- 2014 ThrillerMaster Scott Turow
- 2014 Silver Bullet Recipient Brenda Novak
- 2015 Spotlight guest Charlaine Harris
- 2015 Spotlight guest Greg Iles
- 2015 Spotlight guest Hugh Howey
Some of the highlights of this year’s event include:
- Master CraftFest
- Thriller Awards Banquet
Want to learn more about ThrillerFest? Read a recap of the last T-Fest, ThrillerFest IX: Celebrating Ten Years of Innovation by Kimberley Howe and Anthony J. Franze
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Here’s what’s in store for September!
September 1 – 7: Authors cringe at mistakes in their novels. As a reader, do you fling a book aside when you spot an error or stop reading after spotting some inaccuracy in technology or place?
September 8 – 14: Russia still plays a key role in thrillers in thrillers. What are some surprise cities that might take center stage in the future?
September 15 – 21: Describe how your readers have shaped your books?
September 22 – 28: Writers strive for unusual methods of murder. Do writers try too hard and, if not, what are some of the most memorable?
September 29 – October 5: Dialogue can be tricky, as the author has to give each character a unique voice that is also distinct from his or her own. How do you do it?
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Marge Maurer, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Marge will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Crude Carrier by Rex Burns, Helsinki Homicide: Darling by Jarkko Sipila, The Deepest Dark by Joan Hall Hovey, Seeders by A. J. Colucci, The Commuter by Patrick Oster, Don’t Look Back by Gregg Hurwitz, Everyone Lies by A. D. Garrett, Silent Victim by C.E. Lawrence, Murder With a Twist by Allyson K. Abbott, Shattered Secrets by Karen Harper, A Cry From The Dust by Carrie Stuart Parks, Blind Moon Alley by John Florio, The Black Hour by Lori Rader-Day, Robert B. Parker’s Blind Spot by Reed Farrel Coleman, Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke and The Button Man by Mark Pryor.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- June 19 – 25: “Using new media to bridge readers with authors?” - June 18, 2017
- June 12 – 18: “How difficult is it to let go of a character?” - June 11, 2017
- June 5 – 11: “What was the novel that turned you into a writer?” - June 4, 2017