29 brand new thrillers from ITW Members, including debut novels from Ted Oswald, M.P. Cooley, Stacy Childs and David Niall Wilson, plus a Between The Lines Interview with Linwood Barclay by A.J. Colucci and the Africa Scene with Andrew Brown. We also have a can’t-miss Special to the Big Thrill: ThrillerFest IX recap by Kimberley Howe and Anthony J. Franze!
Click on the book title below to read the feature story or click here to scroll through all of this month’s articles.
- SPECIAL TO THE BIG THRILL: ThrillerFest IX by Kimberley Howe and Anthony Franze
- A Between the Lines Interview with Linwood Barclay by A.J. Colucci
- The Africa Scene with Andrew Brown
- One Kick by Chelsea Cain
- Ice Shear by M.P. Cooley
- Don’t Look Back by Gregg Hurwitz
- Block 10 by Stacy Childs and David Niall Wilson
- The Cat Sitter’s Nine Lives by John Clement
- Anonymously Yours by Shirley McCann
- City of Ghosts by Kelli Stanley
- A Beautiful Madness by Lee Thompson
- Ark Storm by Linda Davies
- The Perfect Stranger by Wendy Corsi Staub
- Because We Are: A Novel of Haiti by Ted Oswald
- The Vanishing Witch by Karen Maitland
- The Good Know Nothing by Ken Kuhlken
- Guarded by Mary Behre
- Warrior Lord: Drift Lord 3 by Nancy J Cohen
- Cat on a Cold Tin Roof by Mike Resnick
- Blind Moon Alley by John Florio
- 24: Deadline by James Swallow
- Lethal Code by Thomas Waite
- Battle Come Down by Charlie Flowers
- Blessed are the Dead by Kristi Belcamino
- Murder with a Twist by Allyson K. Abbott
- Cross Purposes by Thomas B. Sawyer
- Alien Hunter: Underworld by Whitley Strieber
- The Pale House by Luke McCallin
- Maple Mayhem by Jessie Crockett
- Be Careful What You Witch For by Dawn Eastman
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Kathy Reichs, Todd Moss, Leigh Perry, Adrian McKinty, Michael McBride, Nicholas Kaufmann, Mary Kennedy, Donna Galanti, Matt Cook, Robin Perini, Karen Harper, Catherine Coulter and J.T. Ellison, Shiloh Walker, Weyman Jones, Arlene Kay, Reed Farrel Coleman, Phyllis Smallman, Annette Dashofy, Carrie Stuart Parks, David Swatling, Richard Helms, Barry Lancet, Mark Pryor, L.J. Sellers, Marcus Sakey, Ovidia Yu, Jon McGoran, Kira Peikoff, Steph Cha, Kay Thomas and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- Headcase by Marc Rosenberg
- A Date to Die For by Wendy Soliman
- Savage (Jack Sigler / Chess Team Book 6) by Jeremy Robinson & Sean Ellis
- Stray Ally by Troy Lambert
- Going Grey by Karen Traviss
- God’s Banker by Chris Malburg
- Teen Time Travel Novels 2-Book Bundle: Danger in Time and Christmas Wishes by R. Barri Flowers
- Teen Haunted House Mysteries Bundle: Ghost Girl in Shadow Bay & Teen Ghost at Dead Lake by R. Barri Flowers
- Noir City by Richard Godwin
- Private Eye Bestselling Mysteries 2-Book Bundle: Dead in the Rose City\Murder in Honolulu by R. Barri Flowers
- Hunted By The Past by Jami Gray
- Love Mother Love Daughter by Ellen Frazer-Jameson
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- The Target by L.J. Sellers
- Fractured Trust (A Renee Steele Legal Mystery) by R. Barri Flowers
- Father Figure by Simon Wood
- Tenths Of A Second by Simon Wood
- The African Contract by Arthur Kerns
- Limestone Gumption: A Brad Pope and Sisterfriends Mystery by Bryan E. Robinson
2014 Thriller Award Winners
ITW congratulates the winners of the 2014 Thriller Awards and Best First Sentence contest announced at ThrillerFest IX.
2014 Thriller Award Winners:
Andrew Pyper – THE DEMONOLOGIST
(Simon & Schuster)
BEST PAPERBACK ORIGINAL NOVEL
Jennifer McMahon – THE ONE I LEFT BEHIND
(William Morrow Paperbacks)
2014 Best First Sentence Contest Winners:
Winner: Judith O’Reilly
“Wylde knew it was too early, but when the girl started screaming, he went in anyway.”
Winner: Katalin Burness
“Death couldn’t part us soon enough.”
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Here’s what’s in store for August!
August 4 – 10: Are author blurbs over the top? Are they as effective today as they used to be?
August 11 – 17: Do you have a favorite, lesser known source for international news?
August 18 – 24: Do day jobs get in the way of writing thrillers – and when do they help?
August 25 – 31: Does dialogue in thrillers have some specific requirements?
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Pam Barrett, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Pam will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Sand and Fire by Tom Young, Black Current by Karen Keskinen, Blessed Are The Dead by Kristi Belcamino, A Grave Matter by Anna Lee Huber, Cornered by Alan Brenham, Maple Mayhem by Jessie Crockett and Be Careful What You Witch For by Dawn Eastman.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- October 21 – 27: “What are your best sources for research?” - October 20, 2019
- October 14 – 20: “What features of a thriller by an unknown author would make you want to read it?” - October 13, 2019
- October 7 – 13: “Is it hard to start a new novel?” - October 6, 2019