Explode into the New Year with 30 new thrillers from ITW Members, including debut novels from John Dixon and Elizabeth Heiter! We have two Specials to the Big Thrill this month: James R. Hannibal takes us behind the scenes of the high-tech thriller; and Dawn Ius brings us the latest on R. L Stine and the Return of Fear Street. And you won’t want to miss Anthony J. Franze’s Between The Lines Interview with Lisa Unger. Happy New Year!
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Special to the Big Thrill: Classified: Secrets to the High-Tech Thriller by James R. Hannibal
- Special to the Big Thrill: R.L. Stine and the Return of Fear Street by Dawn Ius
- A Between The Lines Interview with Lisa Unger by Anthony J. Franze
- News from South Africa by Michael Sears
- Fear Nothing by Lisa Gardner
- The False Door by Brett King
- Standup Guy: A Stone Barrington Novel by Stuart Woods
- Delivering Death by Julie Kramer
- The Polaris Protocol by Brad Taylor
- The Watchman by Adrian Magson
- Enders by Lissa Price
- Phoenix Island by John Dixon
- The Descent by Alma Katsu
- Hunting Shadows: An Inspector Ian Rutledge Mystery by Charles Todd
- Netherworld: Book One of the Chronicles of Diana Furnaval by Lisa Morton
- The Last Dead Girl by Harry Dolan
- The Blood Promise: A Hugo Marston Novel by Mark Pryor
- The Black Stiletto: Secrets & Lies by Raymond Benson
- A Measure of Blood by Kathleen George
- Hunted by Elizabeth Heiter
- Dirty Magic by Jaye Wells
- Dying to Know by Alison Joseph
- The Last Death of Jack Harbin: A Samuel Craddock Mystery by Terry Shames
- Teacup Turbulence by Linda O. Johnston
- Minding the Store by David O’Neil
- Lights Out by Melissa Groeling
- Fake ID by Lamar Giles
- Escape from Eden by Elisa Nader
- A Kiss of Revenge by Natalie J. Damschroder
- The Harlot’s Tale by Sam Thomas
- The Eye Unseen by Cynthia Tottleben
- Atlantis: A Dane Maddock Adventure by David Wood
- The Shroud Key (A Chase Baker Thriller) by Vincent Zandri
- Leverage by Dan Doeden
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from J.T. Ellison, Michael Kurland, Kelly Parsons, J.D. Horn, Harry Hunsicker, Jess Faraday, Barry Eisler, Holly West, Karen Rose, Maggi Andersen, William Lashner, Daniel Suarez, Marc Cameron, Robert S. Levinson and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- The Trigger by L.J. Sellers
- A Necessary End by F. Paul Wilson and Sarah Pinborough
- Blood Of Cain by Tom Lowe
- The Burglar Who Counted the Spoons by Lawrence Block
- A Fatal Affair by Pamela Crane
- Snow Train by Lise McClendon
- Logan’s Young Guns by Nathan Walpow
- Privileged Corruption by Ursula Ringham
- Love At The Sea Bluffs Lodge by Devon Vaughn Archer
- The Black Church by Toby Tate
- 36 Hours by Allison Brennan
- Son of a Itch (A J.J. McCall Novel) by S.D. Skye
- The Corps Vanishes by Elliott Capon
- 13 Days: The Pythagoras Conspiracy by L. A. Starks
- The Lower Animals by Lisa Morton
- Desecration by J.F.Penn
- Insatiable: A Roman Dalton Yarn by Paul D. Brazill and B R Stateham
- It’s A Curse: A Roman Dalton Yarn by Paul D. Brazill and K A Laity
- Bullet Catch: Smoke & Dagger Book 1 by Scott Jenkins
- Search by Matt Lynn
- Someone Wicked: A Written Remains Anthology by Weldon Burge
- Sycamore Bluff by Jude Hardin
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- The Loon by Michaelbrent Collings
- The Enforcer: Taskforce Series, Book 3 by Marliss Melton
- The Guardian: Taskforce Series, Book 2 by Marliss Melton
- The Savannah Project by Chuck Barrett
- The Toymaker by Chuck Barrett
- Breach of Power by Chuck Barrett
- Kissing the Man Next Door by Devon Vaughn Archer
- Anonymous Sources by Mary Louise Kelly
- Dear Killer by Linda Lovely
- The Admirer’s Secret by Pamela Crane
ThrillerFest IX – Advance Registration Now Available!
This year is the 10th Anniversary of ITW, and we are thrilled to be honoring 2014 ThrillerMaster Scott Turow and 2014 Silver Bullet Award recipient Brenda Novak. We’ll also be welcoming back 2013 ThrillerMaster Anne Rice and 2013 Silver Bullet Award recipient Steve Berry.
With the upcoming release of ITW’s Thriller 4 Anthology, FACEOFF, we’re pleased to be showcasing the contributing authors, including David Baldacci, Linwood Barclay, Steve Berry, Lee Child, Michael Connelly, Jeffery Deaver, Linda Fairstein, Joseph Finder, Lisa Gardner, Heather Graham, Peter James, Raymond Khoury, Dennis Lehane, John Lescroart, Steve Martini, T. Jefferson Parker, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, Ian Rankin, James Rollins, M.J. Rose, John Sandford, R.L. Stine, and F. Paul Wilson. You won’t want to miss this incredible line-up, so please sign up today! Visit www.ThrillerFest.com for more information.
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
ITW Members’ Awards
M.J Rose’s SEDUCTION was named Suspense Magazine’s Book of the Year.
David Morrell’s MURDER AS A FINE ART was named one of BookPages’ 10 best mysteries and thrillers for 2013, Library Journal chose it as one of the five best thrillers of the year, Strand Magazine named it to their list of Top 20 Books of 2013, and Publishers Weekly chose it as one of the top 10 mystery/thrillers of 2013.
Jon Land’s STRONG RAIN FALLING was named to the New York Times’ Summer Fiction list and won USA Book News’ 2013 USA Best Book Award in the Mystery/Suspense Category.
Lynette Eason’s WHEN A HEART STOPS won the American Christian Fiction Writers’ Carol Award.
Geoffrey McGeachin’s BLACKWATTLE CREEK won the Australian Crime Writers Association’s Ned Kelly Award for Best Fiction.
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Here’s what’s in store for January:
January 6 – 12: Why do you read/writer thrillers?
January 13 – 19: Do you listen to music while writing? If so, what type?
January 20 – 26: Could Our Man in Havana be written today? What other modern device might substitute for his elaborate plans?
January 27 – February 2: What’s the best advice you can give to a beginning writer? What’s the best advice you received when you were starting out?
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J.H. Bográn.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Kathy Bennett, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Kathy will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Fear Nothing by Lisa Gardner, Tell No Lies by Gregg Hurwitz, Don’t Look Now by Michelle Gagnon, Minding the Store by David O’Neil, Wilderness Peril by Elizabeth Goddard, Until Death by James L. Thane, The Joshua Stone by James Barney, Double Vision: Code Name 711 by F.T. Bradley, White Fire by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, The Green Line by E.C. Diskin and Lesser Creatures by Peter Giglio.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- January 15 – 21: “Do names reflect the character of the character?” - January 14, 2018
- January 8 – 14: “Plot, plan, or outline?” - January 7, 2018
- Inside Creativity: Bryan Robinson - December 31, 2017