Read the stories that were featured in the December edition of The Big Thrill.
20 brand new thrillers from ITW Members to help you kick off the holiday season, plus the 2013 USO Tour by Kathleen Antrim, a Between the Lines Interview with Michael Connelly by Julie Kramer, News from South Africa by Michael Sears and new nonfiction from John Foxjohn.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Special to the Big Thrill: The 2013 USO Tour by Kathleen Antrim
- Between the Lines Interview with Michael Connelly by Julie Kramer
- News from South Africa by Michael Sears
- The Bourne Retribution by Eric Van Lustbader
- The Price of Innocence by Lisa Black
- Singularity by Steven James
- The Tenth Circle by Jon Land
- Missing by C.T. Jorgensen
- Until Death by James L. Thane
- Chilled to the Bone by Quentin Bates
- Hunted by Karen Robards
- Wilderness Peril by Elizabeth Goddard
- Hunt the Falcon by Don Mann and Ralph Pezzullo
- War and Destiny by George Mavro
- Dragon Awakened by Jaime Rush
- Killer’s Instinct by Dawn Dalton and Judith Graves
- Killer Nurse by John Foxjohn
- Long Gone Man by Phyllis Smallman
- Murder on the Orient Espresso by Sandra Balzo
- Dead Catch by L D Knorr
- Lesser Creatures by Peter Giglio
- The Scribe by Antonio Garrido
- Grey Lady by Paul Kemprecos
- Blood Tattoo by Jude Hardin
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Raymond Benson, Lisa Gardner, Brad Taylor, Stuart Woods, Brett King, Julie Kramer, Terry Shames, Elizabeth Heiter, Kathleen George, Jaye Wells, Charles Todd, Lisa Morton, Lisa Unger, Lamar Giles, Mark Pryor, Harry Dolan and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- The World Beneath by Rebecca Cantrell
- The Alchemist Agenda by Marty Weiss
- Hack by Kieran Crowley
- The Warrior’s Code by Steve DeWinter
- The Colony: Descent (The Colony, Vol. 3) by Michaelbrent Collings
- Chances Are: A Roman Dalton Yarn by Paul D. Brazill and Carrie Clevenger
- Taurus Moon: Magic & Mayhem by D K Gaston
- Welcome To Kata-Tartaroo by Stacey Wilk
- The Big Rain by Paul D. Brazill
- The Darke Affair: A Roman Dalton Yarn by Paul D. Brazill and Allan Leverone
- The Last Vampires on Earth by Stephen M. DeBock
- His Other Son by Maynard Sims
- Tattoos and Tangles by Melinda A. Di Lorenzo
- Full Moonlight: A Roman Dalton Yarn by Vincent Zandri and Paul D. Brazill
- The Road to You by Marilyn Brant
- The Testament of Charlie Fairweather by Stephen M. DeBock
- Dancing with the Virgins by Stephen Booth
- Booze and Ooze by Paul D. Brazill and Matt Hilton
- Out For Blood (Transylvanica High Series #2) by R. Barri Flowers
- The Liberator by Paul D. Brazill
- What She Saw by Sheila Lowe
- Undeath and the Detective by Charlie Cochrane
- Boiling Point by Karen Dionne
- The Hero’s Companion (Tallent & Lowery, Volume 3) by Amy Lignor
- A Cut-Throat Business: A Chastity Flame Adventure by K. A. Laity
- The Commandment, an Original Television Series by Jim Silver and Joe Ann Fogle
- The Far Side of Silence by Robert B Marcus Jr
- Kickout Clause by Jenna Bennett
- Coercion by Tim Tigner
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- The Fyre Mirror by Karen Harper
- The Queene’s Christmas by Karen Harper
- The Thorne Maze by Karen Harper
- The Queene’s Cure by Karen Harper
- The Twylight Tower by Karen Harper
- The Tidal Poole by Karen Harper
- The Poyson Garden by Karen Harper
- Teen Ghost at Dead Lake (Young Adult Haunted House Mystery Series #2) by R. Barri Flowers
- Murder of a Star Quarterback: The Tragic Tale of Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi by R. Barri Flowers
- The Protector by Marliss Melton
- Papa’s Problem by Patrick Kendrick
- Kill Shot by Liliana Hart
- Seven Minutes to Noon by Katia Lief
- One Cold Night by Katia Lief
- Five Days in Summer by Katia Lief
- Here She Lies by Katia Lief
- Waterbury by Katia Lief
- Danger at Every Turn by Devon Vaughn Archer
- Pawprints of Katrina by Cathy Scott
- The Millionaire’s Wife by Cathy Scott
Brenda Novak: 2014 Silver Bullet Award Recipient
We’re very excited to announce that Brenda Novak will be joining us at ThrillerFest this year as our Silver Bullet Award recipient. Brenda’s tireless and extraordinary work helping people with diabetes makes her the ideal choice for this special award. For more information about Brenda’s organization visit FOR THE CURE, and you can learn more about Brenda’s fabulous books on her website.
ThrillerFest IX – Advance Registration Now Available!
This year is the 10th Anniversary of ITW, and we are thrilled to be honoring 2014 ThrillerMaster Scott Turow and 2014 Silver Bullet Award recipient Brenda Novak. We’ll also be welcoming back 2013 ThrillerMaster Anne Rice and 2013 Silver Bullet Award recipient Steve Berry.
With the upcoming release of ITW’s Thriller 4 Anthology, FACEOFF, we’re pleased to be showcasing the contributing authors, including David Baldacci, Linwood Barclay, Steve Berry, Lee Child, Michael Connelly, Jeffery Deaver, Linda Fairstein, Joseph Finder, Lisa Gardner, Heather Graham, Peter James, Raymond Khoury, Dennis Lehane, John Lescroart, Steve Martini, T. Jefferson Parker, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, Ian Rankin, James Rollins, M.J. Rose, John Sandford, R.L. Stine, and F. Paul Wilson. You won’t want to miss this incredible line-up, so please sign up today! Visit www.ThrillerFest.com for more information.
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
2014 Thriller Awards
The International Thriller Writers is pleased to announce its 2014 Thriller Awards Competition. Categories include: Best Hardcover, Best Paperback Original, Best First Novel, Best Short Story, Best Young Adult Novel, and Best E-Book Original. We will be accepting entries from now until December 31, 2013. Further details, including the link to submit, can be found at www.ThrillerWriters.org.
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Here’s what’s in store for November:
December 2 – 8: Which country had the best spies of all time and why? –KFSB, SVA, KGB, the Mossad, CIA, MI6
December 9 -15: Tell us some books with strong architectural details that helped build suspense.
December 16 – 22: The untraceable murder – is it possible?
December 23 – 29: HOLIDAYS. NO ROUNDTABLE.
December 30 – January 4: HOLIDAYS. NO ROUNDTABLE.
Authors, don’t miss this promotional opportunity! Participate in the Thriller Roundtable by contacting J.H. Bográn.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Susan Harden, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Susan will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including The Price of Innocence by Lisa Black, Firefall by J.H. Bográn, The Guns of Santa Sangre by Eric Red, Crystal Fire by Jordan Dane, Tell No Lies by Gregg Hurwitz, Killer Nurse by John Foxjohn, Missing by C.T. Jorgensen,
Supercell by H.W. “Buzz” Bernard, Operation: Genocide by Yvonne Walus, The Quotient of Murder by Ada Madison, Cry in the Night by Carolyn Hart, Killer’s Diary by Brian Pinkerton, The Hero’s Companion by Amy Lignor, What She Left Behind by Tracy Bilen, Long Gone Man by Phyllis Smallman and Chilled to the Bone by Quentin Bates.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- February 19 – 25: “Do you have a writing mentor?” - February 18, 2018
- February 12 – 18: “How do you start writing your novel?” - February 11, 2018
- February 5 – 11: “Is fact really stranger than fiction?” - February 4, 2018