Read the stories that were featured in the October edition of The Big Thrill.
Same great content, fresh new look! 37 new thrillers this month from ITW Members, plus a Between the Lines Interview with Anne Rice by Paula Tutman, News From South Africa by Michael Stanley and to celebrate ITW’s 10 year anniversary a very special Special to the Big Thrill: ITW Origins by David Morrell and Gayle Lynds!
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Special to the Big Thrill: ITW Origins by Gayle Lynds and David Morrell
- Between The Lines Interview with Anne Rice by Paula Tutman
- News From South Africa by Michael Stanley
- The October List by Jeffery Deaver
- Deadline by Sandra Brown
- The Quest by Nelson DeMille
- Dark City – a Repairman Jack novel by F. Paul Wilson
- The Good Sister by Wendy Corsi Staub
- No Way Out by Alan Jacobson
- Crimes of Memory by L.J. Sellers
- Day One by Nate Kenyon
- The Cure by Douglas E. Richards
- Storm Front by John Sandford
- Behind The Shattered Glass by Tasha Alexander
- Silencing Eve by Iris Johansen
- Dying Is My Business by Nicholas Kaufmann
- Storm Demon by Gregory Lamberson
- Twist by John Lutz
- Doing Hard Time by Stuart Woods
- Devil With A Gun by M.C. Grant
- White Ginger by Thatcher Robinson
- Styx & Stone by James W. Ziskin
- Rasputin’s Shadow by Raymond Khoury
- Ruin Value by J. Sydney Jones
- Secretariat Reborn by Susan Klaus
- She Can Scream by Melinda Leigh
- Drizzled with Death by Jessie Crockett
- Darkness & Shadows by Andrew E. Kaufman
- The Manhattan Puzzle by Laurence O’Bryan
- A Lady’s Secret Weapon by Tracey Devlyn
- The City of Strangers by Michael Russell
- Blowback by Valerie Plame and Sarah Lovett
- The Joshua Stone by James Barney
- The Descartes Legacy by Nina Croft
- Spider Woman’s Daughter by Anne Hillerman
- Hell’s Door by Sandy DeLuca
- Finding Sheba by H. B. Moore
- Double Vision: Code Name 711 by F.T. Bradley
- Send in the Clowns by J. Gregory Smith
- The Hero’s Companion (Tallent & Lowery Book III) by Amy Lignor
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from David Baldacci, Clive Cussler, Janet Evanovich, Jordan Dane, Eric Red, Gregg Loomis, Beth Groundwater, H. W. “Buzz” Bernard, Kay Thomas, T. Frank Muir, Virginia Kelly, Judith Rock, Matthew Quinn Martin, Lisa Scottoline and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- Murder of a Star Quarterback: The Tragic Tale of Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi by R. Barri Flowers
- The Rockets’ Red Glare by John Darrin and Michael Gresalfi
- Get Back Jack by Diane Capri
- Evangeline’s Ghost by C. A. Pack
- Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies by Nancy Naigle
- Love Through Time by Nana Prah
- Cole Perriman’s Terminal Games by Wim Coleman and Pat Perrin
- Blade of Dishonor by Thomas Pluck
- Dead Evil by Candice M. Hughes
- Chasing Charlie Chan by J. L. Abramo
- The Washington Ultimatum by Lee Gimenez
- Pieces of You ~ A Snowy Creek Novel by Loreth Anne White
- Infernal Gates by Michael J. Webb
- Night Tide by Michael W. Sherer
- The Enforcer by Marliss Melton
- Murder by the Seaside by Julie Anne Lindsey
- Teen Ghost at Dead Lake (A Young Adult Haunted House Mystery) by R. Barri Flowers
- Script Kiddie (Assured Destruction #2) by Michael F. Stewart
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- The Quiet Assassin by Thomas Kirkwood
- Save Italy! Forget the Rest (Book I) by Tommy Vilar
- The Sex Slave Murders 2: The Chilling Story of Serial Killers Fred and Rosemary West by R. Barri Flowers
- Prostitution In The Digital Age: Selling Sex From The Suite To The Street by R. Barri Flowers
- Killers Of The Lonely Hearts: The Story of Serial Killers Raymond Fernandez and Martha Beck (A True Crime Short) by R. Barri Flowers
New Look for the Big Thrill
The Big Thrill is thrilled to announce our newly-designed website. Our website’s fresh new look brings you the same content and so much more. Our goal was to bring you a site with continually updated content and one that encourages browsing throughout the month. We hope you like the site as much as we do, as well as our new magazine-style cover.
ThrillerFest IX – Early Registration Now Available!
This year is the 10th Anniversary of ITW, and we are thrilled to be honoring 2014 ThrillerMaster Scott Turow. We’ll also be welcoming back 2013 ThrillerMaster Anne Rice and 2013 Silver Bullet Award recipient Steve Berry.
With the upcoming release of ITW’s Thriller 4 Anthology, FACEOFF, we’re pleased to be showcasing the contributing authors, including David Baldacci, Linwood Barclay, Steve Berry, Lee Child, Michael Connelly, Jeffery Deaver, Linda Fairstein, Joseph Finder, Lisa Gardner, Heather Graham, Peter James, Raymond Khoury, Dennis Lehane, John Lescroart, Steve Martini, T. Jefferson Parker, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, Ian Rankin, James Rollins, M.J. Rose, John Sandford, R.L. Stine, and F. Paul Wilson. You won’t want to miss this incredible line-up, so please sign up today! Visit www.ThrillerFest.com for more information.
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
2014 Thriller Awards
The International Thriller Writers is pleased to announce its 2014 Thriller Awards Competition. Categories include: Best Hardcover, Best Paperback Original, Best First Novel, Best Short Story, Best Young Adult Novel, and Best E-Book Original. We will be accepting entries from now until December 31, 2013. Further details, including the link to submit, can be found at www.ThrillerWriters.org.
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Lorraine Gelly, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Lorraine will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Ruthless by Debra Webb, Mortal Arts by Anna Lee Huber, Mykonos After Midnight by Jeffrey Siger, The Edge of Normal by Carla Norton, Tell No Lies by Gregg Hurwitz, Don’t Look Now by Michelle Gagnon, The Bones of Paris by Laurie R. King, Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies by Nancy Naigle and White Ginger by Thatcher Robinson.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- October 21 – 27: “What are your best sources for research?” - October 20, 2019
- October 14 – 20: “What features of a thriller by an unknown author would make you want to read it?” - October 13, 2019
- October 7 – 13: “Is it hard to start a new novel?” - October 6, 2019