Read the stories that were featured in the April edition of The Big Thrill.
31 new thrillers this month including debut novels from Daco, Steph Cha and Susanna Calkins, new nonfiction from Bev Vincent, a Special to the Big Thrill: Reconnaissance as a True Profession from Kathleen Sharp, A Between the Lines Interview with Iris Johansen by Brett King, and News from South Africa by Michael Sears.
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Special to the Big Thrill: Reconnaissance as a True Profession by Kathleen Sharp
- Between the Lines Interview with Iris Johansen by Brett King
- News From South Africa by Michael Sears
- The Famous and the Dead by T. Jefferson Parker
- Fox Hunt by James Phelan
- Unintended Consequences by Stuart Woods
- Extinction Machine by Jonathan Maberry
- Warrior Rogue by Nancy J. Cohen
- Let the Dead Sleep by Heather Graham
- A Time of Change by Aimee and David Thurlo
- The Libra Affair by Daco
- The Dark Tower Companion by Bev Vincent
- Don’t Go by Lisa Scottoline
- Stress Test by Richard L. Mabry, MD
- Untold Damage by Robert K. Lewis
- The Perfect Ghost by Linda Barnes
- Midnight Sacrifice by Melinda Leigh
- Rage by Debra Webb
- Undercurrents: A Summer Westin Mystery by Pamela Beason
- Follow Her Home by Steph Cha
- The Black Stiletto: Stars & Stripes by Raymond Benson
- A Murder at Rosamund’s Gate by Susanna Calkins
- Parrots Prove Deadly by Clea Simon
- A Broth of Betrayal by Connie Archer
- The Money Kill by Katia Lief
- The Catch by Tom Bale
- Bristol House by Beverly Swerling
- The Sapphire Storm by Amy Lignor
- The Other Side: Melinda’s Story by Starr Gardinier Reina
- Game by Barry Lyga
- Silent Saturday by Helen Grant
- Confluence by Stephen J. Gordon
- The Man in Red Square by Bill Moody
- Ghost Shadows by Thomas M. Malafarina
- The Dark Pool by J.E. Fishman
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from David Morrell, David Freed, John Sandford, Diane Fanning, Kat Martin, William Dietrich, Daniel Palmer, Mark Pryor, Adrian McKinty, Evonne Wareham, Axel Avian, James Phelan, Paul D’Ambrosio, Reed Farrel Coleman, Adrian Magson, Michael Stanley, Deborah Coonts, Cat Connor and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- Keep No Secrets by Julie Compton
- Amber Alert by David DeLee
- The Alignment: Ingress by Thomas Greanias
- City Wars by Dennis Palumbo
- Gossamer: A Story of Love and Tragedy by Lee Thompson
- Assured Destruction by Michael F. Stewart
- Blood Relations: A Good Mormon Girl Mystery by Michaelbrent Collings
- Ennui: A Thriller Novella by Phillip Thomas Duck
- Thorn In My Side by Sheila Quigley
- Catamount by Stephen M. DeBock
- Ghost Shadows by Thomas M. Malafarina
- The Man by Glenn A. Bruce
- Surfer Sailor Lover Spy–Maui by Gina Robinson
- Detective Kubu Investigates by Michael Stanley
- Don’t Leave Me by James Scott Bell
- Black Traffic by David Edgerley Gatets
- Redemption by Joe Prentis
- Deadly Lode by Randall Reneau
- Ride-Along by Alan Orloff (writing as Zak Allen)
- The Permit by William B. Scott
- The Housewife Assassin’s Guide to Gracious Killing by Josie Brown
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- Destined to Meet by Devon Vaughn Archer
- Long Way Home: A Young Man Lost in the System and the Two Women Who Found Him by Laura Caldwell
- Seduced to Kill in Kauai by R. Barri Flowers
- The Perfect Ghost by Linda Barnes
- The Sixteenth Man by Thomas B. Sawyer
- The Catch by Tom Bale
- Orientation by Rick R. Reed
- Hungry Tales by Jonathan Maberry
- Tales from the Fire Zone by Jonathan Maberry
- Liar Liar by Jonathan Maberry
- Penance by David Housewright
Join us at BEA this year! Stop by our booth to say hello and help promote ITW and ThrillerFest.
We look forward to seeing you there!
May 29 – June 1, 2013
Javits Center, NYC
ThrillerFest VIII – Register Today!
ThrillerFest VIII – July 10th – 13th, Grand Hyatt, NYC.
We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2013 ThrillerMaster: Anne Rice
- 2011 ThrillerMaster: R. L. Stine
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Connelly
- Spotlight Guest: T. Jefferson Parker
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Palmer
- 2013 Silver Bullet Award Recipient: Steve Berry
CraftFest — New York Times bestselling authors will share their secrets on the craft of writing.
AgentFest — The top agents and editors in the business will be on hand to hear your pitches.
ThrillerFest — Network with other writers and meet industry professionals at the fabulous panels. Special guests will be announced soon.
TO GET THE BEST DEAL, REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
To view some fabulous interviews from last year’s ThrillerFest, please visit NYC Media. Including interviews with David Morrell, Sandra Brown and many more!
Don’t forget to a few minutes and peruse the ThrillerFest VII photo slideshow compliments of Alan Jacobson.
LOVE IS MURDER anthology available in paperback!
Prepare for heart-racing suspense in this original collection by thirty of the hottest bestselling authors and new voices writing romance suspense today.
Go on vacation with Allison Brennan’s Lucy Kincaid, where she saves a man from drowning, only to discover he is in far greater danger on land. Meet Roxanne St. Claire’s “bullet catcher”–bodyguard Donovan Rush–who may have met his match in the sexually charged “Diamond Drop.” Debut author William Simon shows us what happens when the granddaughter of the president of the United States is kidnapped. And Lee Child’s pitch-perfect “I Heard a Romantic Story” puts a whole new spin on Love Is Murder.
Bodyguards, vigilantes, stalkers, serial killers, women (and men!) in jeopardy, cops, thieves, PIs, killers–these all-new stories will keep you thrilled and chilled late into the night.
LOVE IS MURDER is the third Thriller anthology written exclusively by members of International Thriller Writers, Inc. With original short stories from Lori Armstrong, Jeff Ayers, Beverly Barton, William Bernhardt, Allison Brennan, Robert Browne, Pamela Callow, Toni McGee Causey, Lee Child, JT Ellison, Bill Floyd, Cindy Gerard, Heather Graham, Laura Griffin, Vicki Hinze, Andrea Kane, Julie Kenner, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dianna Love, Jon Land, D.P. Lyle, James Macomber, Carla Neggers, Brenda Novak, Patricia Rosemoor, William Simon, Alexandra Sokoloff, Roxanne St. Claire, Mariah Stewart, and Debra Webb, you won’t want to miss this!
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at The Big Thrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Here’s what’s in store for April:
- April 1 – 7: “In revising a book, do you tackle all problems at once or do you work in layers? Which elements of fiction – point of view, eliminating wordiness, character checks – might require a special read?” with Clea Simon, Susanna C Calkins, R. Lewis, Jonathan Maberry, Heather Graham, Thomas M. Malafarina, Katia Lief and Pamela Beason
- April 8 – 14: “In a world with fast turnarounds in technology of all types, how do authors equip their characters with the most modern devices? How do writers explain technology without getting boring readers?” with Jonathan Maberry, Thomas M. Malafarina, Nancy J Cohen, Starr Gardinier and Helen Grant
- April 15 – 21: “Should writers avoid politics in novels? Can they?” with Jonathan Maberry, Thomas M. Malafarina, T. Jefferson Parker, Amy Lignor and Barry Lyga
- April 22 – 28: “Reviewers or readers may pronounce events in books as “improbable,” surprising writers who know that the events were based on their own life experiences. Have any of your own experiences, later described in a book, been deemed improbable?” with Jonathan Maberry, Thomas M. Malafarina, Amy Lignor and Beverly Swerling
- April 29 – May 5: “How does a writer go about avoiding stereotyped characters? Is it possible to go to the other extreme?” with Jonathan Maberry, Thomas M. Malafarina, Amy Lignor and Barry Lyga
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Suzanne Crowell, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Suzanne will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including Out of Sight Out of Mind by Evonne Wareham, Never Coming Home by Evonne Wareham, Die For Me by Cynthia Eden, Silent Slaughter by C.E. Lawrence, Rules of Crime by L.J. Sellers, Hammett Unwritten by Owen Fitzstephen, The Black Stiletto Stars & Stripes by Raymond Benson, Undercurrents by Pamela Beason, Natural Predators by Neil S. Plakcy, Double Cross of Time by Mark de Castrique, Domino 29 by Axel Avian, Law and Disorder by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker, Untold Damage by Robert K. Lewis, Silent Saturday by Helen Grant, The Man in Red Square by Bill Moody and The Sapphire Storm by Amy Lignor.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- November 11 – 17: “What are the advantages of using new media to bridge readers with authors?” - November 10, 2019
- November 4 – 10: “Imagine you’re giving a two-minute ‘state of industry’ speech to ITW members. What would you say?” - November 3, 2019
- The November 2019 Edition of The Big Thrill is Here! - October 31, 2019