Read the stories that were featured in the March edition of The Big Thrill.
26 new thrillers to get you ready for Spring, including a debut novel from Diane Hester, a Between the Lines interview with Harlan Coben by Anthony J. Franze, a Special to the Big Thrill: Law & Disorder by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker, plus News from South Africa by Michael Sears.
And, as if that weren’t enough, an extra Special to the Big Thrill: Love Is Murder by Julie Kramer to celebrate the March paperback release of ITW’s latest anthology: a must-read for all thriller writers and fans!
Click on a book title to read the feature story
- Special to The Big Thrill: Love Is Murder by Julie Kramer
- Special to The Big Thrill: Law & Disorder by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker
- Between the Lines Interview with Harlan Coben by Anthony J. Franze
- News from South Africa by Michael Sears
- Evil in All Its Disguises by Hilary Davidson
- The Boyfriend by Thomas Perry
- Frozen Solid by James M. Tabor
- Double Cross of Time by Mark de Castrique
- Rules of Crime by L.J. Sellers
- Hammett Unwritten by Owen Fitzstephen
- Obsession, Impulse and Power by Debra Webb
- Buried by Kendra Elliot
- Montana’s Way by Shelia M Goss
- The Chalice by Nancy Bilyeau
- The Romanov Cross by Robert Masello
- The Left Hand of Justice by Jess Faraday
- Dark of the Sun by Maynard Sims
- Zero Separation by Philip Donlay
- Angel Heat by Leslie A. Borghini
- The Cornerstone by Anne C. Petty
- The Leviathan Effect by James Lilliefors
- Lethal Business by W. Soliman
- Evidence of Life by Barbara Taylor Sissel
- Run To Me by Diane Hester
- The Book of Killowen by Erin Hart
- A Cold and Lonely Place by Sara J. Henry
- Tainted Mountain by Shannon Baker
- Natural Predators: A Mahu Investigation by Neil S. Plakcy
Coming Next Month
The latest thrillers from Richard L. Mabry, MD, T. Jefferson Parker, Lisa Scottoline, Heather Graham, Stuart Woods, Robert K. Lewis, Nancy J. Cohen, Linda Barnes, Connie Archer, Steph Cha, Raymond Benson, Clea Simon, Katia Lief, Bev Vincent and many more!
New E-Releases from ITW Members
- The Blade by Lynn Sholes & Joe Moore
- Angel Heat by Leslie A. Borghini
- Darkbound by Michaelbrent Collings
- Honor Code by Cathy Perkins
- Mystery, Mayhem & Murder (an Omnibus of Crime Fiction) by David DeLee
- BlackSnow Zero by Lee Gimenez
- Names of the Dead by Katia Lief
- The Heist by Shaun Jeffrey
- The Housewife Assassin’s Handbook by Josie Brown
- Tropical Windfall by Richard Wickliffe
- Red Is for Rage by Connie (Corcoran) Wilson
- Sleeping Dog by Dick Lochte
- Parallax View by Allan Leverone
- The Black Bullet by Tom Lowe
- Infernal Games by Joseph Nassise
- Dirty Money by K. Lawless
- Final Heat by Kathleen Lawless
New Audio Books from ITW Members
- The Affair of the Porcelain Dog by Jess Faraday
- Lost and Found by Amy Shojai
- The Black Stiletto: Black & White by Raymond Benson
- Snake Skin by CJ Lyons
- Sweetie’s Diamonds by Raymond Benson
- Blood Stained by CJ Lyons
- Forever Sweethearts by R. Barri Flowers
- Christmas Heat by Devon Vaughn Archer
- Her Teen Dream: Summer Heartbreak by Devon Vaughn Archer
- The Sixteenth Man by Thomas B. Sawyer
- Petroplague by Amy Rogers
- The Frozen Sky by Jeff Carlson
- Placebo by Steven James
- In Dog We Trust by Neil S. Plakcy
Join us at BEA this year! Stop by our booth to say hello and help promote ITW and ThrillerFest.
We look forward to seeing you there!
May 29 – June 1, 2013
Javits Center, NYC
ThrillerFest VIII – Register Today!
ThrillerFest VIII – July 10th – 13th, Grand Hyatt, NYC.
We have a fabulous line-up of special guests this year, including:
- 2013 ThrillerMaster: Anne Rice
- 2011 ThrillerMaster: R. L. Stine
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Connelly
- Spotlight Guest: T. Jefferson Parker
- Spotlight Guest: Michael Palmer
- 2013 Silver Bullet Award Recipient: Steve Berry
CraftFest — New York Times bestselling authors will share their secrets on the craft of writing.
AgentFest — The top agents and editors in the business will be on hand to hear your pitches.
ThrillerFest — Network with other writers and meet industry professionals at the fabulous panels. Special guests will be announced soon.
TO GET THE BEST DEAL, REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can download and print the appropriate registrations forms here:
To view some fabulous interviews from last year’s ThrillerFest, please visit NYC Media. Including interviews with David Morrell, Sandra Brown and many more!
Don’t forget to a few minutes and peruse the ThrillerFest VII photo slideshow compliments of Alan Jacobson.
LOVE IS MURDER anthology available in paperback!
Prepare for heart-racing suspense in this original collection by thirty of the hottest bestselling authors and new voices writing romance suspense today.
Go on vacation with Allison Brennan’s Lucy Kincaid, where she saves a man from drowning, only to discover he is in far greater danger on land. Meet Roxanne St. Claire’s “bullet catcher”–bodyguard Donovan Rush–who may have met his match in the sexually charged “Diamond Drop.” Debut author William Simon shows us what happens when the granddaughter of the president of the United States is kidnapped. And Lee Child’s pitch-perfect “I Heard a Romantic Story” puts a whole new spin on Love Is Murder.
Bodyguards, vigilantes, stalkers, serial killers, women (and men!) in jeopardy, cops, thieves, PIs, killers–these all-new stories will keep you thrilled and chilled late into the night.
LOVE IS MURDER is the third Thriller anthology written exclusively by members of International Thriller Writers, Inc. With original short stories from Lori Armstrong, Jeff Ayers, Beverly Barton, William Bernhardt, Allison Brennan, Robert Browne, Pamela Callow, Toni McGee Causey, Lee Child, JT Ellison, Bill Floyd, Cindy Gerard, Heather Graham, Laura Griffin, Vicki Hinze, Andrea Kane, Julie Kenner, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dianna Love, Jon Land, D.P. Lyle, James Macomber, Carla Neggers, Brenda Novak, Patricia Rosemoor, William Simon, Alexandra Sokoloff, Roxanne St. Claire, Mariah Stewart, and Debra Webb, you won’t want to miss this!
The Thriller Roundtable
Whether you’re a fan or an author, you’ll want to join the Thriller Roundtable discussions at TheBigThrill website, where each week a new group of authors discuss everything from what they love about writing thrillers, to what they’ve learned, and more.
Here’s what’s in store for March!
- March 4 – 10: “Who do you prefer to write best, the protagonist or the antagonist, and why?” with Mick Sims, Shannon Baker, Phillip Donlay, Jess Faraday, Erin Hart and Anne Petty.
- March 11 – 17: “How do you separate yourself from the characters you write? Or do you?” with Mick Sims, Nancy Bilyeau, Mark de Castrique, Shelia Goss, Wendy Soliman and Erin Hart.
- March 18 – 24: “Great opening lines, which one is your favorite?” with Mick Sims, Shannon Baker, Erin Hart and J.H. Bogran.
- March 25 – 31: “How do you add realism to your dialogue lines?” with Mick Sims, Neil Plakcy, Alan L. Moss, Erin Hart and J.H. Bogran.
The Neverending Book Giveaway
If you’re a thriller fan who likes to win free books, be sure to check out the Neverending Book Giveaway on The Big Thrill website. Sign up for as many of the contests as you like! Just post a reply, and you’re entered!
Don’t forget to scroll down the list of contests or CLICK HERE for more contests and giveaways so you don’t miss any. (Tip: to shorten the display, click “Toggle Comment Threads.”) And because this book giveaway is “neverending,” be sure to check back often to enter the latest drawings!
Congratulations to Ben Moore, the winner of this month’s BIG THRILL giveaway. Ben will receive an assortment of signed thrillers including A Cold and Lonely Place by Sara J. Henry, Iscariot by Tosca Lee, Without Consent by Bev Irwin, Montana’s Way by Sheila M. Goss, The Cornerstone by Anne C. Petty, Green Light for Murder by Heywood Gould, Dukkha by Loren W. Christensen, Silent Slaughter by C.E. Lawrence, Blood Red Sari by Ashok Banker, Oodles of Poodles by Linda O. Johnston, Death, Taxes and Peach Sangria by Diane Kelly, Perfect Hatred by Leighton Gage and Hammett Unwritten by Owen Fitzstephen.
All subscribers to THE BIG THRILL webzine are automatically eligible for the monthly drawing. CLICK HERE to subscribe to the BIG THRILL email.
Interested in becoming a member of the International Thriller Writers? ITW offers Active and Associate memberships.
Latest posts by ITW (see all)
- September 17 – 23: “Is the theater standard of a three-act play valid for thriller novels?” - September 16, 2018
- September 3 – 9: “What can thriller writers learn from the comics industry?” - September 2, 2018
- The September 2018 Edition of The Big Thrill is here! - August 31, 2018